★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "You are bored of dragging solitaire, stucking tri peaks, tidious sudoku?
Go for world's most frantic speed patience with just 2 brainfreezing rules!
Do 100 cards in a minute leaving your friends saucer-eyed!"
Frantic Frankfurt for iOS is a free and simple game. It is based on the card game by Gnter Burkhardt.

Try all the different game modes including:
Training: to discover the game and the rules with your own personal trainer
60 Seconds: in case you don't have much time and want a really fast and exciting game
60 Cards: a relaxing mode where you try to discard all your cards without redrawing
Endless: a mode for everyone who likes stress and fast discarding
The Run: play as many cards as you can without redrawing

You will see impressive drawings of places around Frankfurt.

Feature overview:
Five unique game modes for different playing experiences
128 hand drawn cards
2 simple rules - but that is enough to twist your brain
personal tutor giving you advice
rescue helicopter in case you get stuck
Game Center support with exciting achievements
cool music and sound effects (can be turned off or replaced by iPod Music)

jogo's comments:
we just released our free2play game Frantic Frankfurt.
09-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by jogo View Post
we just released our free2play game Frantic Frankfurt.
Hi Jogo,

nice to meet Kronberger Spiele here at Toucharcade! I still have a physical copy of Frantic Frankfurt in my game cabinet somewhere. Now, when can we expect an iOs version of Tom Tube and Lost Valley (which hit the table around here much more often than e.g. Carcassonne BTW)??

Now playing: Sproggiwood, Paperback, Mad King Ludwig, Colorcube, kubic, Mekorama, Ascension, Open Bar!
Waiting for: Any Star Realms expansion, Nyheim, Onirim

09-11-2011, 04:02 PM
I too have the boxed version and the artwork is excellent. +1 vote for iOS versions the other games mentioned, for which I also own the analog versions.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
09-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Cool that you know the "real" games.
I am Rolands son and we are doing iOS development in my free time after school, so our output is not that fast.
Next game will probably be a simplified Faster than Short/Schneller als Kurz version.
After that we could look into Tom Tube, Cronberg/Bonobo Beach or Novodice. (perhaps Novodice first) Lost Valley is a quite big thing, if we do it at all, it will be after my final exam for school (Abitur).
But except FtS this all is a bit vague because we have no big name like Carcasonne/Settlers/Ticket behind it and people would have to learn rules.
If FtS works in the way I imagine (and we can speed up development) we should have a working version at SPIEL.
Novodice perhaps (with great luck) after Christmas holidays.
09-11-2011, 06:50 PM
This game is so odd it's powerful! I also love that, other than that "60 Seconds" mode, it doesn't appear to be timed...unless your score per move is based on quickly you make the move?

How does the scoring work in this game? I love complex scoring systems handled auto-magically by the computer but, while no math whiz, I at least would like to know what goes into it at a surface level. Like does it have a lot to do with how long a run I can make to a certain discard pile without calling on another draw or is it really simply a matter of how fast I make my move?

I can't believe that scoring was ever in the tabletop version, right, as that appears to be some wondrously complex stuff and there is no way I could believe when playing the real game the action would stop after every move with the player whipping out a calculator and protractor to figure out the points he just earned from his last move.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
09-12-2011, 07:34 AM
Tabletop version is for 2 or more players and you play as fast as you can to discard your cards first, there is no further scoring. A multiplayer version for iOS was in construction, but we had some problems due to lags and following logic errors. If the single player version runs good, we will look into it again.

Simple scoring rule: Make Clearings.
Main Scoring in Endless/Training/60 Seconds is the same:
Played Card: 10 * Multiplier
Redraw: n(n+1)/2 * Multiplier where n is the number of free piles
Total Multiplier is Level * Clearings * Cards
Level is increased when you have played 10 cards.
Clearings is increased when all four piles are free at redrawing and decreased when not.
Cards is increased after playing a card and reset at redrawing.

The modus then change this a little:
Extra bonus when you redraw and no card is playable: n * Multiplier where n is the % of time remaining cutted to 10s (10,20,30...)

60 Seconds:
Level is increased when you redraw.

60 Cards:
Multiplier is Cards - Movings
Clicking tutor is - 10 * Multiplier
09-12-2011, 08:13 AM
Any plans for IAP to remove the ads, or is it already there and I am just missing it? Anyway, great game I am loving it. + 1 for the mp support I would love to play this against my wife and kids over the net or wifi.
09-12-2011, 11:25 AM
With the lodsys situation at the moment we decided not to add IAPs.
If this clears up, an ad-buy-out will be added asap.
There is no hardcoded ad at the moment, so you can turn Airplane Mode on or filter the Ad Mediator from your net.

If you want Multiplayer experience yet, you can try to grab a copy of the card game from BGG marketplace (http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1...ntic-frankfurt). If you are living in Europe we could directly send you something.
09-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Nice implementation, thank you! Still amazed, that sometimes I cannot get those two simple rules into my head and have to ask the tutors for possible moves

Now playing: Sproggiwood, Paperback, Mad King Ludwig, Colorcube, kubic, Mekorama, Ascension, Open Bar!
Waiting for: Any Star Realms expansion, Nyheim, Onirim
09-12-2011, 04:45 PM
I have some single reports on little bugs I cannot reproduce with my ipod 2g or ipad, can someone with an iphone confirm them?
* Game music is not pausing when iPod music plays
* Loading screen is sometimes lagging for the first card