★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: [From the Manufacturer]
- Pygmies-Hoglet is one of Pygmy series. This Hoglet is the first edition. We want you to remember old classic game. Try this one.

[Story]
- Little hoglet was so lonely.
He had no friend but the extensive field.
He started to move forward to seek someone spiky.
Welcome to Pygmies world!

[Key Game Features]
- Raise hoglet by your self.
- Fun and experience with lots of events.
- Travel to new town.

[QnA]
1.When Hoglet is dead, what can I do?
If he doesn't eat food for long time, he starves and dies like a real animal.

2.How Can I give him food?
Touch the bag at the bottom of the left. Food inventory will be shown. Press one of food and 'EAT' button.

3.How can I grow his ability?
Hoglet will grow with 'EXP beads' gained through game by distributing to each of the stats.
He can obtain EXP point, If he eats food or wins the battle.
Stamina (HP) and attack (AT) are growing at 1 per 3 beads of the EXP, and agility (DX) is growing at 1 per 5 beads. However, DX of 30 is the maximum.

4.Please tell me how to change the Hoglet body.
When you touch the HP Gauge, Profile screen will appear. You can see 'days' At this point in the upper right. If Days is more than 1 or 2 and 4 or 5, Hoglet will be changed.

5.Whis is Medal ? How can I mount it?
Medal is an item that helps you to battle. You can get its effect, when you 'mount' it, not for possession.
Press the bag went into inventory screen.
Then click medal. The medal mounting UI comes up on the bottom.
At this point, double-click or by touching EQUIP at the bottom right, medal can be mounted. As Hoglet is growing up, the lock on the display UI is freed.

6.What is the type of Medal and usage?
Medal is divided into two types. One underlying PASSIVE (PAS) Medal, and used in direct combat ACTIVE (ACT) Medal.
Mounting the PAS Medal, you can get an effect immediately. Also it does not require a separate control.
ACT medals in combat, you don't get any effects, if you don't touch ACT Medal.
Whenever you use ACT medals will consume a certain amount of FP.

7.I still do not fight! If you got, what I can do?
When you are in battle, you look at the shape of an exclamation point {!}.
If you press this, hoglet laying visibility can be found to defend.
At this time, Damage the enemy is 1/2. In addition, damage hoglet about 1 / 10 damage will give them an enemy counterattack.
Depending on how strong the hoglet will defeat the enemy. Even if a weak state, no matter how well done, I never beat a strong enemy.

CygnetSeven's comments:

09-12-2011, 08:02 PM
There was a post on the front page about this earlier today. I bought it, and so far it's pretty fun.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!

09-12-2011, 08:22 PM
So after playing about 15 minutes, it plays similar to a tamagotchi styled game. Your character is a baby hedgepig and your quest is to find a friend. The map below shows targets and you navigate to those targets where you will either find food, a dirty old man who wants your food, or a little critter that will rebuke your attempt at friendship and fight you. Fighting is turn based with a meter on the side that when full, allows you to attack, some critters have faster/slower meters. If you loose the fight you literally have to sleep about sixty seconds in order to shake off any nasty effects. Winning a fight gives you XP which will help your attacks as you accumulate them. So far I have beaten a beetle but lost to a snake.
Overall I recommend this to any tamagotchi, G&W, or retro gamer that wants a cute diversion to serious gaming.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80

Last edited by CygnetSeven; 09-12-2011 at 08:25 PM.
09-12-2011, 08:52 PM
Really loving this game so far. It's very bland between events(traveling long distances to reach battles, food and items) but I really am digging the easy-going gameplay and the soft RPG elements.

I've played a few hours-worth so far and the need for vast grinding ramps up pretty quickly once you get into the third map. I've had a lot of fun just wandering around, collecting items, battling random foes and leveling my character up. It definitely has a strong Tamagotchi feel to it, but it also reminds me of Tale of the Sun that was originally on the PSX in that it has vast amounts of open space with next to nothing to do but the events that do happen are memorable and have a ton of character.

Overall for 99 cents I don't think you can go wrong if you're a fan of casual RPG's, retro gaming or fairly boring games

fap
09-13-2011, 03:24 PM
Yeah! Bought it after the glowing review on the TA frontpage - and I love this game. Best things are the medals - and the subtle possibilities:

Trade higher value food and hope for a high value item to trade in for XP with Santa Clause or give it to the medal princess and pray for a really good medal (the best ones, I've found so far is a 5 dexterity medal and a active medal which gives you 3 HP each time you touch it in a battle)...

So great little game and so much fun!!
09-13-2011, 03:48 PM
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
Game Impressions

I'm surprised by how much I like this game. There is some tedium in the waiting between events, but the music and environments are pretty nice so i don't get tired. It's a good game to play when you're just trying to chill out at night and want something quiet and simple.

i'm a pretty kitty cat
09-18-2011, 02:19 PM
I don't get why there's a real time element to the game (the hedgehog grows and starves while the game is turned off). Also movement is sloooooooooooow and the game is crashy.