★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Goody! Play
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 15.1 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: DRAW the WindStream GUIDE the bubbles and BLOW DANGER AWAY!

It is a TOTALLY NEW EXPERIENCE combining the controls of LINE DRAWING with the gameplay of top-down ACTION/PUZZLE. Its EASY enough to pick up and PLAY for KIDS but builds and requires serious SKILLS before finishing. Drawing from our 15+ years of game making expertise, LEVELS are HAND BUILT using tried and true game design principles. And the BABY is SUPER CUTE and fun to LAUGH with.

FEATURES
- Unique gameplay mechanic, the WindStream, guides the bubble and pushes enemies at the same time
- Art and characters inspired by childrens books and animation such as Winnie the Pooh, Spirited Away and Looney Tunes
- Achievements supported by GameCenter
- Hand Crafted levels with unique layouts
- 18 levels with 4+ hours of gameplay

NOT FEATURES
- Killing
- Limited Lives
- Starting Over
- Redundantly Multiplying Enemies
- Rehashing Tired and Overused Phone Game Types

MORE
www.goodyplay.com
Twitter/GoodyPlay
FaceBook/Goody! Play
Email: info@goodyplay.com

Goody!'s comments:

✮✮✮ DRAW the WindStream to GUIDE the bubble through the world and BLOW DANGER AWAY! ✮✮✮

✮✮✮ INSTA-BUY! ✮✮✮

It is a TOTALLY NEW EXPERIENCE combining the controls of LINE DRAWING with the gameplay of top-down ACTION/PUZZLE. 

It’s EASY enough to pick up and PLAY for CASUAL game players but builds and requires serious SKILLS before finishing. Drawing from our game making expertise over the past 15+ years, LEVELS are HAND BUILT using tried and true game design principles. And the BABY is SUPER CUTE and fun to LAUGH with.

✮✮✮ FEATURES ✮✮✮
✔ Unique gameplay mechanic, the WindStream, guides the bubble and pushes enemies at the same time
✔ Art and characters inspired by children’s books and animation such as Winnie the Pooh™, Spirited Away™ and Looney Tunes™
✔ Achievements supported by GameCenter
✔ Hand Crafted levels with unique layouts
✔ 18 levels with 4+ hours of gameplay

✮✮✮ NOT FEATURES ✮✮✮
✘ Killing
✘ Limited Lives
✘ Starting Over
✘ Redundantly Multiplying Enemies
✘ Rehashing Tired and Overused Phone Game Types

✮✮✮ MORE ✮✮✮
www.goodyplay.com
Twitter/GoodyPlay
FaceBook/Goody! Play
Email: info@goodyplay.com

And I'm always happy to answer questions or field comments from this forum as well. Don't fear the baby! Love the Baby!
09-13-2011, 11:42 AM
Video snapshot finally updated! From -boring- to *spectacular*!

09-13-2011, 03:40 PM
Has anyone tried this yet? It looks original!

(GC = BUNGLEZ) (OF = farmersuitical) (Plus+ = bungle747) (Crystal = bunglez)

I review apps and games frequently in the UK app store, and here on the forums. If you want anything reviewed, just ask.
09-13-2011, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunglez View Post
Has anyone tried this yet? It looks original!
Thanks! Yeah, I was surprised that no-one had done this yet. Usually when you have a good new idea 200 people around the world have it at the exact same instance and 1 or 2 of them can actually pull it off. It's almost like the ideas are born in the aether and grace some amount of people in the same moment.

I think that as a mechanic for touch it could be really popular and I have at least a half dozen other designs in mind that could use it. I hope people like it.
09-13-2011, 07:52 PM
Okay, think I just learned something new. if a review is written within an hour of the code being redeemed it stands?

Anyone want a code? pm me.
09-13-2011, 08:37 PM
game is perfect!!!
09-14-2011, 03:09 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
hmm... I like the idea behind the game. There are a few issues that are sort of making it a little... well... not smooth.

Zooming out. When you hold down your thumb, I really think it would be a lot better if the zooming out stopped when you lifted your thumb up from the screen instead of zooming all the way out, and then back in again. Sometimes I only want to see a little bit ahead, and having the entire level zoom out can be kind of time consuming.

Also, when you're against walls, there will be some times when the baby will not move within the air flow. The air will be moving, but for some reason the baby will just stay there against the wall.

There are also some times when the baby will not take off right when you let go of the screen. Timing the movement between bees can be kind of frustrating when the baby doesn't start to move right when you want it to.

It would also be nice if the baby was always in the center of the screen. Maybe that way you wouldn't need to do anything with the zooming out, and players will never have to move to the edge of the screen to see objects that are right out of reach...

All of these kind of break up the flow of the game. But aside from these, the game is pretty interesting. I like the gameplay, and as long as I keep the volume off, the baby sounds aren't bothersome. =oP

I"m only 5 levels in so far, and level 4 brought about some interesting mechanics with moving the thorny things out of the way... I'm looking forward to seeing what other spiffy stuff you've got in store for us in the later levels. =oD

Thank you for the code! I'll keep playing, and share more impressions as I get further in the game. =o)
09-14-2011, 03:21 AM
Who's the baller in the bonnet

back
09-14-2011, 06:49 AM
I personally don't like the looks of this by the visual side, but the gameplay seems original! Might have to give the lite a spin

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
09-14-2011, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
hmm... I like the idea behind the game. There are a few issues that are sort of making it a little... well... not smooth.

Zooming out. When you hold down your thumb, I really think it would be a lot better if the zooming out stopped when you lifted your thumb up from the screen instead of zooming all the way out, and then back in again. Sometimes I only want to see a little bit ahead, and having the entire level zoom out can be kind of time consuming.

Also, when you're against walls, there will be some times when the baby will not move within the air flow. The air will be moving, but for some reason the baby will just stay there against the wall.

There are also some times when the baby will not take off right when you let go of the screen. Timing the movement between bees can be kind of frustrating when the baby doesn't start to move right when you want it to.

It would also be nice if the baby was always in the center of the screen. Maybe that way you wouldn't need to do anything with the zooming out, and players will never have to move to the edge of the screen to see objects that are right out of reach...

All of these kind of break up the flow of the game. But aside from these, the game is pretty interesting. I like the gameplay, and as long as I keep the volume off, the baby sounds aren't bothersome. =oP

I"m only 5 levels in so far, and level 4 brought about some interesting mechanics with moving the thorny things out of the way... I'm looking forward to seeing what other spiffy stuff you've got in store for us in the later levels. =oD

Thank you for the code! I'll keep playing, and share more impressions as I get further in the game. =o)
Your feedback is like a breath of fresh air to a man sealed in a box for too long. Like a flower in the desert to a wandering bee. Thank you for your honesty.

Camera: I don't like the solution for the cam I have either. What I really wanted was a pinch zoom. I'm not a programmer but might be able to hack together a pinch zoom solution using existing code snippets. It would take some time though. I will accrue more feedback before I act on anything to make sure that I'm not jumping too early.

Windstream: Hitches with bubble starting or moving. I think that's one of the things I just got used to. It's funny how easy it is to get used to something and then ignore it. It's one of the MAJOR dangers of game making and can really only be combated with solid beta testing. I'll take a whack at it.

BabySFX: I'll put in a stream of death screams, gunfire, and sexy noises to appeal to the hardcore hardcore.

I'm dieing to hear what you thought of the latter levels. That's where the mechanic really starts to shine.

--Goody!