★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Icewire
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 64.6 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Run Fox Run is a platformer run-and-jump game. You play as Fox as he tries to find his way back home. Jump across gaps and on top of enemies as you travel through worlds with completely different art styles. When Fox is running fast enough, he can blast through anything in his path.

Features:
- Almost one button arcade platformer with an intuitive control scheme
- Four worlds with unique and completely different art styles in high resolution (for retina and iPad displays)
- Procedurally generated levels so the game is never played the same way!
- Story mode where you complete 24 challenging levels, unlock content, and make it to the end
- Endless mode where you compete to get the highest score
- Over 40 different enemies to encounter
- Mini-games! Menus and credits shouldnt be boring. They should be playable!
- Runs great on all devices
- OpenFeint and Game Center support: leaderboards and 27 achievements

Echoseven's comments:

09-14-2011, 05:26 AM
Instabuy! :3

09-14-2011, 05:28 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
for the people that end up getting this throughout the day, can you tell us about the scoring system? I don't see any scores in the vid or screens... but it says it has GC and OF leaderboards... also that chaining system looks pretty cool... wondering how it translates into the score, if there is one?

--so far this one looks like the only game I'm gonna be interested in today... =oP
09-14-2011, 05:36 AM
Oh :-( another endless runner. I'll pass.
09-14-2011, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
for the people that end up getting this throughout the day, can you tell us about the scoring system? I don't see any scores in the vid or screens... but it says it has GC and OF leaderboards... also that chaining system looks pretty cool... wondering how it translates into the score, if there is one?

--so far this one looks like the only game I'm gonna be interested in today... =oP
I've had this for a month,got an early build for a hands on preview on my site.Also got this one for a review,which will be posted,not here though,later on today.

Endless Mode is really fun and consists of the worlds you play in Story Mode but each game starts with a random world so no 2 games are the same.

As for your question on GC,Openfeint it has leaderboards for the Endless Mode and the coins collecting game on the title screen plus achievements.

As for the chaining bit,you jump on top of the animals etc,sonic/Mario style you will get a multiplier which will go up if you continue to land on successive animals and the distance/points will increase faster.

complete Story Mode and you unlock a second fox with better ability,also you can change colour of fox.

Game is really fun in endless mode,no doubt my top score will be beaten quickly by TA members
09-14-2011, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad In The Hole View Post
I've had this for a month,got an early build for a hands on preview on my site.Also got this one for a review,which will be posted,not here though,later on today.

Endless Mode is really fun and consists of the worlds you play in Story Mode but each game starts with a random world so no 2 games are the same.

As for your question on GC,Openfeint it has leaderboards for the Endless Mode and the coins collecting game on the title screen plus achievements.

As for the chaining bit,you jump on top of the animals etc,sonic/Mario style you will get a multiplier which will go up if you continue to land on successive animals and the distance/points will increase faster.

complete Story Mode and you unlock a second fox with better ability,also you can change colour of fox.

Game is really fun in endless mode,no doubt my top score will be beaten quickly by TA members

Awesome, thank you for that! Gonna have to add this one to my 'buy tonight' list. =oD
09-14-2011, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Awesome, thank you for that! Gonna have to add this one to my 'buy tonight' list. =oD
No worries

Here's a video i shot,a bit of story mode and Endless Mode around halfway through.

09-14-2011, 06:27 AM
hmm... it looks like it, but just to make sure... is the jumping height relative to how long you hold down on the screen, so that you can have small, medium, and large jumps? Or is there just a set height that you can jump?
09-14-2011, 06:40 AM
HD Gameplay Trailer (iPhone):

Nice One. I`ll sure get this One.

Last edited by Sanuku; 09-14-2011 at 03:08 PM. Reason: HD Gameplay Trailer added.
09-14-2011, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Oh :-( another endless runner. I'll pass.
It's not just an endless runner. There are 20 levels in story mode.

syntheticvoid: jumping works as you'd expect, you can do large and small jumps. In my opinion the controls are great.