★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: INTRODUCTORY SALES PRICE, $0.99!!

A #1 game in Sweden!!

"a surprising degree of variation and that keeps the game fresh from stage to stage" - 148Apps

A fun game in the line drawing genre by combining great physics, cute cartoony graphics and frantic gameplay!

Watch the trailer at http://tinyurl.com/cf-trailer

WHAT IS IT ABOUT

Something has happened to the chicken food, and now the chickens produce eggs faster than almost anyone can handle. Only the sheriff himself, Badger, can fix this!

As we all know, the only way to handle eggs is with a lasso. Luckily, the sheriff happens to be a ropeslinger extraordinaire. He uses his rope to guide the eggs safely into the baskets in this frantic and unique game in the line drawing genre!

FEATURES

- More than 60 fun and challenging levels
- Tons of variety; obstacles, frogs, bouncy eggs, and even dinosaurs..
- Amazing and cute cartoony graphics with lots of personality
- Great physics
- Intuitive controls
- Retina support

Anders's comments:
Hey, I'm one of the devs of Chicken Frenzy, and imho it's the latest and greatest addition to the line drawing genre. It combines great physics, cute cartoony graphics, line drawing, and.. well lots of eggs :)

We are a two man studio just doing what we love. We've put our hearts and souls into it, and we hope you like it!

09-14-2011, 03:41 PM
A new game from the Wizard Hex guys? Going to have to go pick this up! Have to wait til later when I get to computer but looks cute.

09-15-2011, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
A new game from the Wizard Hex guys? Going to have to go pick this up! Have to wait til later when I get to computer but looks cute.
Well, 50% of the Wizard Hex guys Jeff and Steve did the game design and the rules for WH, me and Jesper did the coding and the graphics.

Did you get a chance to try CF yet? Anxious to hear what you think!
09-15-2011, 06:31 AM
This video looks awesome, i like those games, cute graphics and a unique gameplay
09-15-2011, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Well, 50% of the Wizard Hex guys Jeff and Steve did the game design and the rules for WH, me and Jesper did the coding and the graphics.

Did you get a chance to try CF yet? Anxious to hear what you think!
I did and I LOVE it!

There is just something about the game that is familiar and different in the same way. And I mean that in the most possible of ways. It makes you feel good when you play it but certainly gets challenging! The physics are spot on, the line drawing clear (it lets you know when you try to draw literally out of the box), the goals and puzzles perfect.

I am having a blast with it. I have been three starring each level before moving on to the next because I am a nut like that. But not only that because the game screams for you to do better and 3 star them all! The humor, the puns, the "egging" you on on the score cards just really motivate you. Awesome job.

I don't even mind the tilt levels that are thrown in - and THAT is saying something!

The other thing that other puzzlers don't take into account that you did, was opening up more than one level at a time. I am going in order at this point but surely as I progress into different areas there will come a time that a level will frustrate me. I am glad that the game won't freeze right there. I can do another level and come back to it when I feel a little more clear headed and less frustrated. Time solves all levels it seems! So that is a WONDERFUL feature to add, and one that many developers neglect.

The one thing that I found in the beginning is the game is very intuitive so the bits of tutorial that are revealed as you move along are redundant. For instance I figured out in level one you can double tap a rope to erase it, but here I was being told I could do that a few levels later. That's the only thing right there and that is so minor.

This game needs some love - it is REALLY fun!
09-15-2011, 08:25 AM
I've played the game and now it's one of my favorites, so i've reviewed it with 5 stars in U.S. AppStore @speed4mee
Cute little chicken!
This game comes with a very polished presentation with cute graphics and the unique physics based gameplay is flawlessly. Music and sound fits the game also very well. Even the help screens are very good.
Drawing a rope for guiding the eggs is the essential point of the game. But it's not easy to get the maximal points. A full concentration is a must to guide the eggs in the right basket.
So it is a very funny and challenging game, which i like very much. I think that Chicken Frenzy is one of my favorites.
With game center integration and achievements this game would be perfect.

A big compliment to the developer for this cute game and my fully recommendation!
09-15-2011, 09:22 AM
Quote:
I did and I LOVE it!

There is just something about the game that is familiar and different in the same way. And I mean that in the most possible of ways. It makes you feel good when you play it but certainly gets challenging! The physics are spot on, the line drawing clear (it lets you know when you try to draw literally out of the box), the goals and puzzles perfect.

I am having a blast with it. I have been three starring each level before moving on to the next because I am a nut like that. But not only that because the game screams for you to do better and 3 star them all! The humor, the puns, the "egging" you on on the score cards just really motivate you. Awesome job.

I don't even mind the tilt levels that are thrown in - and THAT is saying something!

The other thing that other puzzlers don't take into account that you did, was opening up more than one level at a time. I am going in order at this point but surely as I progress into different areas there will come a time that a level will frustrate me. I am glad that the game won't freeze right there. I can do another level and come back to it when I feel a little more clear headed and less frustrated. Time solves all levels it seems! So that is a WONDERFUL feature to add, and one that many developers neglect.

The one thing that I found in the beginning is the game is very intuitive so the bits of tutorial that are revealed as you move along are redundant. For instance I figured out in level one you can double tap a rope to erase it, but here I was being told I could do that a few levels later. That's the only thing right there and that is so minor.

This game needs some love - it is REALLY fun!
Thanks for purchasing it, and I'm very glad to hear you like it! Awesome!

Yeah we figured it would be nice to let the player progress even though he/she failed at one level, and then go back and play it later. Better to be forgiving than punishing!

The first levels are designed to teach you the basics, and before we show the tutorial on how to delete ropes, the levels shouldn't require you to delete ropes (but it helps in some cases). We thought that looking at the tutorials is not-so-fun so we tried to spread them out and not show too many at a time. Maybe we should do some tweaking.

Last edited by Anders; 09-15-2011 at 09:25 AM.
09-15-2011, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed4mee View Post
I've played the game and now it's one of my favorites, so i've reviewed it with 5 stars in U.S. AppStore @speed4mee
Cute little chicken!
This game comes with a very polished presentation with cute graphics and the unique physics based gameplay is flawlessly. Music and sound fits the game also very well. Even the help screens are very good.
Drawing a rope for guiding the eggs is the essential point of the game. But it's not easy to get the maximal points. A full concentration is a must to guide the eggs in the right basket.
So it is a very funny and challenging game, which i like very much. I think that Chicken Frenzy is one of my favorites.
With game center integration and achievements this game would be perfect.

A big compliment to the developer for this cute game and my fully recommendation!
Great, thanks a bunch! We initially had plans for GC, but we had to save that for later so we could get the game out this lifetime (it has grown substantially; it was originally planned to be a simple endless highscore based game). Hopefully we can add GC in an update.

Cheers!
09-15-2011, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Thanks for purchasing it, and I'm very glad to hear you like it! Awesome!

Yeah we figured it would be nice to let the player progress even though he/she failed at one level, and then go back and play it later. Better to be forgiving than punishing!

The first levels are designed to teach you the basics, and before we show the tutorial on how to delete ropes, the levels shouldn't require you to delete ropes (but it helps in some cases). We thought that looking at the tutorials is not-so-fun so we tried to spread them out and not show too many at a time. Maybe we should do some tweaking.
I should add though, as it reminded me as I just loaded it up again, one other gripe.

I really REALLY don't like starting the game with a video in landscape mode when the game itself is in portrait mode. Maybe after you see the video the first time the game can load in it's portrait mode straight away? It is such a confusing pain in the neck to be switching the device round and round.
09-15-2011, 09:42 AM
Quote:
I should add though, as it reminded me as I just loaded it up again, one other gripe.

I really REALLY don't like starting the game with a video in landscape mode when the game itself is in portrait mode. Maybe after you see the video the first time the game can load in it's portrait mode straight away? It is such a confusing pain in the neck to be switching the device round and round.
I totally agree, it's not optimal and I don't like it either, and cannot be fixed 100% (but almost!).

The startup image cannot be changed in runtime -- it has to be either landscape or portrait, so you have to decide this when you make the build.

The video is in landscape (as it's the same as in the trailer). We could add so that the intro is only displayed once, easy fix! Also the loading screen.

So thinking about it, perhaps it's best this way:

1. Startup image is in portrait (our logo). The first time you start the app you will have to rotate the device to watch the intro properly.

2. Next time, no intro and all screens are in portrait. You can still watch the intro again from the main menu if you like (but in landscape).

Does that sound like a good compromise? It's not a 100% perfect solution, but perhaps close enough.