★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Bird Shot - Physics Puzzle Game

09-15-2011, 04:59 AM
Bird Shot - Physics Puzzle Game

Hello Touch Arcade forum members! We are in the process of creating a physics based puzzle game where you get to shoot down annoying birds with your slingshot and a bunch of cool weapons. Yes it sounds like Angry Birds... but no it's not a clone! It's actually based on the fact that we are starting to get annoyed of all the birds on our iPhones. They are everywhere and you really can't escape them! We need revenge... and it feels so good hitting these birds with our stones, exploding them with our bombs, and even setting them on fire with our fireballs.

We are probably just over halfway through development so we don't have THAT much to show but will soon. We do need your help though! We aren't set on a name but have a couple of options.

Option 1 - Bird Shot

Option 2 - Fowls

Option 3 - ??? suggestions ???

Help us pick a name!

Thanks to the awesomest iPhone community around!!

We are also looking for beta testers so please send us a PM if you'd like to join us.
09-15-2011, 05:07 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Nullroar
The landscape screenshot (second from the top) looks absolutely awesome.

I like the idea, but the interesting landscapes are really selling it me. It looks almost like a Salvador Dali painting, where the landscape is simply melting in on itself and twisting out in winding dimensional spring.

Keep that in.

I've placed geocached DRM-free USB copies of my newest game in various locations throughout Europe and Southeastern US. Email me if you find 'em for the free "explorer" cape.

09-16-2011, 12:17 AM
Thanks Nullroar. During actual gameplay the background is that same style.

Any preferences on names? Or ideas of your own?

We'd love to hear 'em!
09-16-2011, 12:50 AM
Looks interesting. Keep it up!

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
09-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Thanks triggywiggy. Any input on the name? We're looking to finalize it so we can do some nice title art.

Please TouchArcade some feedback on names would be so helpful! Or ideas of your own would be awesome, if we pick your name you could even get a mention in the credits
09-16-2011, 06:55 PM
How about Fowl Shot?

Actually I think Bird Shot fits - although it sounds a little unimaginative.

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.
09-16-2011, 07:30 PM
Hey Fowl Shot sounds pretty good actually I never even thought of it - apparently we were being unimaginative! I agree Bird Shot sounds a little too generic. Fowls sounded a little too scientific or boring to me, but Fowl Shot sounds pretty cool. Thanks Echoseven! Looks like you might get some credit for that one unless there are any better ideas!
09-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Psch, no such thing as a better idea than mine!

Actually, if I may make a suggestion - I'd love to be able to shoot down the birds from Angry Birds, or Tiny Wings, or whatever other birdy franchises there are. ^.^

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.
09-16-2011, 08:10 PM
Birds down.
Falling birds.
iShot Birds.

Admin/Reviewer on Philippine Gamers Lounge
XBL & PSN: iANiMeX
GameCenter: ANiMeX2k11
Need beta tester?
09-17-2011, 02:59 AM
Birds on Hills :P

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3