★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Brain Frame
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 13.6 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "Highly recommended: one of those rare violence-free gems that you just cant get enough of" - lovefortech.com

Slice Master is a highly addictive physics based puzzle game where your objective is to get "Cube Dude" safely to his green platform using only gravity, and your ability to slice apart the blocks that make up his fragile world.

-------
Features
-------
- Retina HD graphics
- 78 Intense and challenging levels across 3 worlds
- Simple and intuitive controls
- Multi-touch enabled
- Game Center leader boards and achievements
- Realistic first-class physics and slice engine
- Groovy funk soundtrack
- Endless hours of entertainment!

*** Get it now while it's FREE! ***

Try to get the top score by using as few slices as possible, and by getting Cube Dude to safety in the fastest time!

Slice Master features 75 unique levels across 3 worlds, plus 3 wacky and insanely tough bonus levels where physics just don't seem quite normal....

Your free download includes the first world of 25 levels. 3 free bonus levels are also unlockable for a total of 28 free levels!

50 more levels are available as an in app purchase (we have to eat somehow!). If you like Slice Master we'd love for you to try the 50 later levels. They get very very tricky. Are you up for the challenge?

Game Center Enabled with 5 leader boards and 18 achievements. Beat your friends to the top!

Crisp Retina HD graphics!

This game is not for the faint of heart! It starts out easy, but we'll not be held responsible for frustration related hair loss due to the later levels...

Completely sliceable physics environments, with ridiculously challenging physics puzzles to keep you entertained for hours!

Slick cartoon style, and groovy funk music :)

This game was made by one guy in his spare time. I really hope you like it!

Physics powered by Box2D
Graphics powered by Cocos2D

complaints? suggestions? ideas?
email: support@brainframestudios.com

BrainFrame's comments:
I'm very excited to announce my first game ever - Slice Master.

Slice Master is a physics based puzzle game where you can slice the world apart in an effort to land your small green block on an enticing green platform. It sounds simple, but it's incredibly difficult to master.

Slice Master is powered by Cocos2D, and Box2D. It features Retina graphics, Game Center leaderboards and achievements, Facebook integration, and incredibly addictive physics based slicing gameplay.

It also happens to be **FREE** to try. There are 78 challenging levels total, 25 of which are completely free, 3 of which can be unlocked using Facebook, and 50 of which are a 99 cent (or equivalent) unlock.

Please give it a try, rate and review (only if you like it :P ), and feel free to post feedback, suggestions, or anything else here on the Touch Arcade forums!

Thanks and enjoy!

09-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Slice Master Screen Shots and Video

Here are some screen shots and a gameplay video of Slice Master (sorry about the poor video quality).

*** Link to Youtube Video ***

Play Slice Master, a fun and challenging physics based puzzle game!

09-16-2011, 10:33 PM
Slice Master's new website!

Here is the new Website for Slice Master.

Let me know what you think about it and about the game!

Cheers

http://slice-master.com

09-17-2011, 02:19 AM
I love physics puzzlers

back
09-19-2011, 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fu1star View Post
I love physics puzzlers
Awesome! Let me know what you think. Update coming out next week, but I'm always looking for more suggestions and ideas to improve!

09-21-2011, 01:38 AM
Anyone interested in checking out Slice Master? It's really fun. I promise you'll get at least 6-10 hours out of it if you unlock the full game for 99 cents. The first world will likely take you an hour or so and it's free.

I'd offer promo codes, but they don't do anything since the game is already free...

Would sure like some creative feedback though!

09-21-2011, 01:56 AM
Wow this game is actually pretty damn good. Definitely worth a download, only 3 levels in and I'm already appreciating the concept a lot more than I thought I would.

back
09-21-2011, 02:03 AM
Thanks! The update that should be coming out at the end of the week (or whenever Apple gets around to reviewing it) makes the tutorials a little clearer for the first few levels. I found some people were getting stuck.

One thing I'll mention is that the game is hard, but if you really put some thought into the levels (instead of slicing at random like my girlfriend does) they're usually a little easier than you'd think.

My grandpa happens to be #1 on the leaderboard of about 250 people

Mind if I ask what made you think you wouldn't like it? Just curious if I can improve people's first impressions of the game / the game's image. I was hoping I'd see more traffic by making it free, but it's been pretty slow going...

09-21-2011, 02:06 AM
The graphics seem a bit too simplistic in the screenshots. Didn't expect the gameplay itself to be so fun I guess.

Definitely the type of game where a .gif or video is needed to show what it's actually like

Edit: oh I see the link now :P

I guess it should be embedded then, forgot how that works though.

back
09-21-2011, 02:10 AM
Thanks for the tip! Ya a decent gameplay vid is definitely on my TO DO list... My Masters thesis is due this week, so I picked a terrible time to launch a game...

Hope you enjoy the game! Definitely post back here if you have any thoughts for improving it I'm all ears.

Feel free to rate it in iTunes too, if you feel like it. It'd really help me out. Don't have many ratings yet.