★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Lakoo
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 78.8 MB
  • Version: 2.1.5
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Slay your way through 60 levels of monsters, ghost and ghouls in this action packed arcade-role playing game!

Responsive intuitive touch controls makes playing Heros Way effortless and fun!
Never the same level twice! Random level generation offers unique replays!
Gorgeous graphics, fluid animation, original musical score and digitally mastered sound effects immerse you into this epic world!
Over 400 items and weapons to customize your heroes with!

"Gameplay that focuses on maneuver...drag-and-drop mechanic adds up to way more fun than can be described on paper...a fun and refreshing innovation that only iOS could properly deliver...lusciously drawn environments...Heros Way looks as if its going to have that magical accessible-yet-challenging quality." - iFanzine, Sean Koch

"My first impressions are that the graphics are really nice and crisp. Love the fact it's a universal build and looks awesome on my ipad." - Mr. Charley, CB Tester

"... with high-quality stunning interface, accessible gameplay, gorgeous cinematics and amazing cute cartoon graphics ..." - Editor Picked by Best10Apps.com

Game Features:
Dynamic single player control of three heroes in real-time action!
Responsive intuitive touch controls!
6 Classes to choose from (The Warrior, Witch and Rogue are joined by 3 new heroes classes...Cleric, Demon Hunter and Mercenary!)!
Upgradable hero stats!
Over 400 items and weapons to acquire and customize your heroes with!
Enhancing item and weapon magical gems!
Charged Power Attacks utilizing your weapons magical imbued abilities!
60 multi-level terrain levels of game play!
Random level generation for unique replay!
Over 80 monsters, ghosts and ghouls to slay!
6 Epic boss battles!
Gorgeous detailed graphics!
Smooth fluid animation!
Original musical score!
Digitally mastered sound effects!

About Lakoo:

Our fans Page:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lakoogames
Twitter: http://twitter.com/lakoogames

Lakoo's comments:
Lakoo is proud to announce that on September 17, 2011, it will be launching their latest Free iOS ARPG - Hero's Way, developed by the same team that brought you Empire Online, which achieved 10 million downloads across all mobile platforms worldwide.

Hero’s Way offers gorgeous graphics, fluid animation, original musical score and digitally mastered sound effects to immerse you into this epic evil plagued fantasy world. As you pit your three heroes against the relentless undead and demonic to ultimately face the infamous Demon Dragon, you will manage your stats, customize equipment and weapons, and use real-time intuitive touch controls in hopes of restoring light back to the world.

Game Features:
  • Dynamic single player control of three heroes in real-time action!
  • Responsive intuitive touch controls!
  • 3 Classes to choose from (Rogue, Witch and the Warrior)!
  • Upgradable hero stats!
  • Over 300 Items and Weapons to acquire and customize your heroes with!
  • 60 levels of play with random level generation!
  • 80 unique enemies to defeat!
  • 6 epic bosses to conquer!
  • Multi-language support - English, Spanish, Chinese, German, French and Japanese!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

09-17-2011, 04:53 AM
Visually, this game looks spectacular. I just hope the gameplay is as good.

09-17-2011, 04:58 AM
It looks nice and it's free. The gameplay just didn't appeal to me. I might give it another shot in a week or two.
09-17-2011, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubi View Post
It looks nice and it's free. The gameplay just didn't appeal to me. I might give it another shot in a week or two.
We are preparing a patch soon.
Though there will be more fun along if you can unlock more worlds to explore

Lakoo Games
- Good Gamer Karma.
[ New! ] Demonsouls
[ MMORPG ] Empire Online // [ ARPG ] Hero's Way // [ Classic RPG ] Dawn of Magic
09-17-2011, 05:34 AM
The game crashes 5-10 seconds after opening for me. I'm using a 2nd gen iTouch.
09-17-2011, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaLog View Post
The game crashes 5-10 seconds after opening for me. I'm using a 2nd gen iTouch.
Sorry to hear that

Did you update it to iOS4.0 or above?

As I've heard from the technicians, some kind of delay will occur in the 2nd gen iPod that looks like having crashed. You can wait a moment so that the game can run.

Lakoo Games
- Good Gamer Karma.
[ New! ] Demonsouls
[ MMORPG ] Empire Online // [ ARPG ] Hero's Way // [ Classic RPG ] Dawn of Magic
09-17-2011, 06:11 AM
Very shallow experience. The amount of automation and 2D battlefield does not allow too much tactical considerations, as opposed to those found in Battleheart. Character customization is also very linear, only allowing for 2 defensive gear and one weapon. Considerations will always fall under the item that has superior stats.

This game isn't bad by any means, it's just inferior in my opinion after playing Battleheart which offered much more tactical options and character customization options.
09-17-2011, 09:45 AM
Definitely agree with Gunxsword - I felt I was playing an inferior Battleheart type of game in the mud. The characters slog along with no real input from you. Sure you can move them around and all but why bother? They go where they are supposed to go anyway. Basic customization, no real explanation about gem slots and the fact you might lose them after you equip them on a weapon. And a clear slant towards trying to get you to buy more coins. Everything costs coins and sure in the beginning it is easy to save them but you need coins to open a chest, you need coins to revive, you just need coins for everything. I can predict that if I continue that the battles will be more overpowering (needing more coins to be revived) and the chests will cost more to open and things will just slant towards needing that IAP.

IAP if used correctly can be awesome in a game. IAP used for actual game necessities is like an coin operated arcade game. How many revive or continue quarters does it take to finish the game?

After completing the first world I went back to Battleheart. I really wanted to like this game, really.
09-17-2011, 11:19 AM
Really thanks for telling us your gaming experience!

We may try to tweak it a bit in the later patches so that the tutorial will be better. (Actually the monsters are not that overpowered if you've done some more training in the stages. -- that you have better items / higher levels / and more money -- and of cos it's possible you can finish the game with no IAPs or minimal IAPs)

The gems will be a lot easier to get in the later stages, so that it's never a waste if you socketed the gems to an equipment and sell it.

Lakoo Games
- Good Gamer Karma.
[ New! ] Demonsouls

Last edited by Lakoo; 09-17-2011 at 11:23 AM. Reason: more clarifications..
09-17-2011, 01:01 PM
Game Impressions

HD Gameplay Trailer (iPad 2):

Note:

First 15. Minutes of Gameplay.