Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-17-2011, 02:59 PM

Default My Horse by NaturalMotion [Universial]

HD Gameplay Trailer (iPad 2):

Note:

First 15. Minutes of Gameplay.

TouchArcade.com My Horse / Looking to Add Friends Thread:

Last edited by Sanuku; 09-17-2011 at 03:33 PM.. Reason: HD Gameplay Trailer added.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:37 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

My daughter and I have been playing this for a while and it's an outstanding simulation.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:48 PM

It`s actually pretty Good. I like those Horses. They indeed look fantastic. If they keep developing their Engine we might see in the upcoming future some pretty awesome Horse Games.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:22 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

bought this for my daughter, but doesn't play on her gen 2 ipod(my bad)...works on my gen 4 though, and crazy but true, I really like this one... Graphically it is amazing how lifelike the horse is, I have spent way too much time with it in fact....

It's free, however geared toward getting you to spend dollars on gems via IAP to keep your horse going... You can earn them without spending, but it is a slow process. I have already thrown a few dollars at this.

a couple of things I would like to see..... when you purchase a new horse,it would be nice if they are all in the paddock at the same time, from what I can tell so far (unless I'm missing something), you can only select one of your horses to appear at a time..and each time you select a different horse you have to name it again.. It would also be nice for the names to be kept with the horse.

Really like this one..... daughter gets to look at it too :-)
Old 09-17-2011, 10:46 PM

This game can learn a thing or two from Nintendogs, from which it seems to draw many inspirations from. For example, different horses can have different body proportions and models, not just different skins on the exact same horse. (In Nintendogs, dachshund does look different from beagle, not just different skins on one generic dog template).

Then, the horses can have different personalities as well, eg. Some are talented at sport but lazy (can't train as much as others), or some are kind and always come around without us having to give them treats.

It's certainly a sweet game, but more interactive time with the horse will help a lot. At the moment the best moment is when we pet and treat them.

Hopefully the dev will keep supporting this and add more update as it seems to be quite popular on the Appstore charts (curiously this thread seems dead?), but not Lil' Pirates kind of update (where they reduce the XP and money ratio to activity, making it harder to level up and buy stuffs). I'll leave the game as soon as they do that.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halljames View Post
Been playing this and it's pretty cool. Considering I am a 35 year old man, I never thought playing a horsey simulation would be my cup of tea.

Add me : halljames
Heheh, +1
Old 09-18-2011, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Been playing this and it's pretty cool. Considering I am a 35 year old man, I never thought playing a horsey simulation would be my cup of tea.

Hey james, how does your horse get so much energy?
Old 09-18-2011, 04:16 AM
iPad mini 2

Quote:

Haha I was going to post something similar, when I saw your post.

38 and I think this game is really well made and actually also quite a bit of fun.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:20 AM

Offtopic:

Quote:
Considering I am a 35 year old man, I never thought playing a horsey simulation would be my cup of tea.
I thouight the same till i have played in Gun literally for Hours with the Horse and spent more time horse-riding then with the Rest of the Game. I still played through it but i believe at the End i had spent around 70% of the Game on the Horse and 30 on Foot.

Ontopic:

The Developer should stop thinking that only Woman take the Time for horse-riding. At least here in Austria there are so many People in my circle of friends and acquaintances (Woman/Men) that have a horse for their own or at least one rent for their Kids that i had assumed that this fact was already clear for everyone.

I have been horse-riding since i am a small kid. Sure it isn`t cheap but going out in the Morning, driving to the Ranch, getting prepared and then just let the horse do what they love to do is really ridding.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:54 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Offtopic:

I thouight the same till i have played in Gun literally for Hours with the Horse and spent more time horse-riding then with the Rest of the Game. I still played through it but i believe at the End i had spent around 70% of the Game on the Horse and 30 on Foot.

Ontopic:

The Developer should stop thinking that only Woman take the Time for horse-riding. At least here in Austria there are so many People in my circle of friends and acquaintances (Woman/Men) that have a horse for their own or at least one rent for their Kids that i had assumed that this fact was already clear for everyone.

I have been horse-riding since i am a small kid. Sure it isn`t cheap but going out in the Morning, driving to the Ranch, getting prepared and then just let the horse do what they love to do is really ridding.
I was in Vienna in 2003 and visited the school for horseriding. Can't remember the name. Its a very well known one and a major tourist attraction. The horses were absolutely beautiful.
But to go back to the game, I really like it. The horse moves beautifully. When taking photos I noticed that hind leg bends at the bottom as if it is broken, but its a minor nitpick. Devs did a great job. At this stage I see no reason to get another horse as the only distinction between them is textures, unless I am wrong.
Balancing the ability to enjoy the game and the need for IAP is not an easy task. Pocket frogs did it perfectly. So far I did not feel the need to spend any real money on the game. Lets see how far I can get befor ehitting the brick wall.