★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

10-02-2011, 12:09 PM
Update carries over your progress

On another note, who thinks some of the new decorations are a bit overpriced? I mean not everyone has 10m to burn on a volcano especially newer players who didnt have the sonic dragon exploit.
10-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 110
New dragons

Cold, Lightning, Poison, Flower, Moss, Lava, Flower, Tree, Mountain, Firefly, Crystal, Blue Fire, Quake, Storm, Scorch, Swamp, Ice, Mud, Seaweed, Air, Snow, Sonic, Fog, Bazing, Willow, and Rainbow. I know it seems like a lot, but I have most of them. The only ones that I don't have are Blue Fire and Rainbow. They need to update the game and put in more dragons, even though they just did.
I noticed that in the loading screen, if you look at the very top there is the shadow of a black dragon. I think that it may not be a shadow, and that they are making a dark/black dragon. Now, I looked at the list and noticed that it isn't there. I think that we should make a dark/black dragon, a light/white dragon, and them together either makes a life dragon or invisible dragon. Once I know how to make a thread, I will make one called "New Dragonvale Dragons" Together we should design the dragons and send the in to Backflip Studios! So, how about it/ I will make the thread, and anyone is welcome to join!

If anyone knows how to make a thread, please reply or P.M. me!

~Jturtles

10-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren12 View Post
On another note, who thinks some of the new decorations are a bit overpriced? I mean not everyone has 10m to burn on a volcano especially newer players who didnt have the sonic dragon exploit.
LOL! You being unwilling to pay that much for it doesn't mean it's overpriced, it simply means you don't buy one. Once you reach level 20 there is really nothing to do with your money, so a $10,000,000.00 decoration is something to blow it on, and when you visit my dragons and see it you go "oooooooo" and "aaahhhhh" and "oohhhhhh".

Oh, and PS... Not everyone who is at a high level used cheats and exploits to get there. I used patience and "hard work" to get to level 20.

Yours truly,
Captain Serious.

GC Tag: StrykerB77W
10-03-2011, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonath198 View Post
I don't understand how people even get Rainbow dragon. The only way is to get 2,500 Gems, either buy it or get it somehow. This is just 💩💩💩💩ed up...
Actually I have heard that the breeding combination is a lvl 10 Lava Dragon and a lvl 10 Seaweed Dragon. From there it's a chance thing. You may get it, and you may get something else. Hope I helped a little bit.
10-03-2011, 12:20 AM
Hatchery Upgrade

I have been needing a second hatchery slot for some time now. Unfortunately I hadn't realized you couldnt buy them with coins later on at the beggining of the game. I also cant add people unless they are on my facebook for some reason, which makes it harder to add people, and get the gems I need. Is there any way that I can upgrade my hatchery another way? What are my options at this point?
10-03-2011, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraptSoul17 View Post
I have been needing a second hatchery slot for some time now. Unfortunately I hadn't realized you couldnt buy them with coins later on at the beggining of the game. I also cant add people unless they are on my facebook for some reason, which makes it harder to add people, and get the gems I need. Is there any way that I can upgrade my hatchery another way? What are my options at this point?
You can add people out of game with gamecenter and get some gems each day. There is another forum here with hundreds of people looking to give gems. Check it out!
10-03-2011, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren12 View Post
You can add people out of game with gamecenter and get some gems each day. There is another forum here with hundreds of people looking to give gems. Check it out!
Thanks! Your advice about gamecenter really helped! I didnt even think about that! I feel smart, lol.
10-03-2011, 02:27 PM
Question: is it possible to get an air dragon without using gems?

Most of the other dragons are first available for gems, and then when you reach a certain level for coins. But I'm level 17 now and it's still only available for gems. Will it stay that way?
10-03-2011, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmi View Post
Question: is it possible to get an air dragon without using gems?

Most of the other dragons are first available for gems, and then when you reach a certain level for coins. But I'm level 17 now and it's still only available for gems. Will it stay that way?
Breed Fire with Water.
10-05-2011, 12:57 AM
Dragonvale

Lookin' for more people to add on Gamecenter, will gift gems to anyone who gifts me.

Gamecenter: PunkfaceX