★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

08-12-2012, 07:08 AM
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Minnesota US
Posts: 1,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by ednan View Post
What's the best dragon to breed to make money?
After all this time, it's still the Rainbow.

GC id: Foxtail20
08-12-2012, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtail2010 View Post
After all this time, it's still the Rainbow.
3panlongs maxed out in earth habitat generate a lot more money, but you have to collect once an hour or so. So if you can't collect at least 5 times a day, rainbow, otherwise panlong gangs. (mine fill that 75 000 about every each hour, against the rainbow's 350 K or so daily.
(this can get worse, up to having to collect every forty-odd minutes for 20th level panlongs. Most of mine are only 15th.

F.

Lvl 35: all Gold Shrines. My rares: 2 Gold, many leaps
,,, never mind. Missing Dragons: None.
GC: Fingers D

08-12-2012, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the answer guys. I'm working on breeding the basic stuff still though. Waiting my Crystal hatches so I can start trying to get the peridot. I've started playing this week so I guess it will take a long time before I get that many rainbows/panlongs =p
08-12-2012, 09:16 AM
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Defiance
Posts: 2,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by ednan View Post
What's the best dragon to breed to make money?
If you are looking for a dragon to make money by selling try Air (Fire/Water) It is only 2 hrs and sells for 500,000. Other good ones are Iron for 1,150,000 and 4 hrs or Rust 1,650,000 for 6 hrs.

GC dean288367
08-12-2012, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean288367 View Post
If you are looking for a dragon to make money by selling try Air (Fire/Water) It is only 2 hrs and sells for 500,000. Other good ones are Iron for 1,150,000 and 4 hrs or Rust 1,650,000 for 6 hrs.
Thanks dean! I guess I'm gonna breed a few airs for now then
08-12-2012, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMELESS View Post
I got my first seasonal dragon with butterfly 15 and moss 15 went for a second and It would not let me.Atleast I know what works for me I will just keep trying. Good Luke everyone fingers and toes crossed and will wishes for everyone to get the olys, peridot and seasonal dragons.
Lucky you...unlucky me!
So I figured I would give myself a break from all the crystal fails trying for peridot (and Olympic!) and try for a seasonal with butterfly and moss. And I get another crystal fail! It didn't even occur to me that it was a possibility.
So frustrating! I think I need to take a break from trying for new dragons and try for the 'old' ones I am missing (or needing a second one) to complete my collection.
I sure wish my XP wasn't going to waste...it's great that we keep getting new dragons and new habitats to go with them but I don't want to have to sell one to get a new one.
Happy breeding!
08-12-2012, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedat40 View Post
Lucky you...unlucky me!
So I figured I would give myself a break from all the crystal fails trying for peridot (and Olympic!) and try for a seasonal with butterfly and moss. And I get another crystal fail! It didn't even occur to me that it was a possibility.
So frustrating! I think I need to take a break from trying for new dragons and try for the 'old' ones I am missing (or needing a second one) to complete my collection.
I sure wish my XP wasn't going to waste...it's great that we keep getting new dragons and new habitats to go with them but I don't want to have to sell one to get a new one.
Happy breeding!
I am so sorry that worked for me there are so many combos for the seasonal and the olys. I know how you feel I have had so many crystals I went to sandbox and wrote down all combos for the new dragons I used butterfly and moss because it worked for me the frist time and it will get the olys too.I hope you have better luck coming your way.
08-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Minnesota US
Posts: 1,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by FingersD View Post
3panlongs maxed out in earth habitat generate a lot more money, but you have to collect once an hour or so. So if you can't collect at least 5 times a day, rainbow, otherwise panlong gangs. (mine fill that 75 000 about every each hour, against the rainbow's 350 K or so daily.
(this can get worse, up to having to collect every forty-odd minutes for 20th level panlongs. Most of mine are only 15th.

F.
True. If you can collect every hour, Pans are the way to go. Thanks for the reminder. There are times when I can visit frequently, but usually not, so a combo is best. I have 18 Rainbows. It's always a dilemma, the balance between earning $ and displaying dragons and not having enough habitats for it all.

GC id: Foxtail20
08-12-2012, 03:39 PM
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,619
For Seasonal blazing/plant in EBI worked for me....eventually.

Icon is a window to game's soul...
08-13-2012, 04:49 AM
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: North Queensland, Australia
Posts: 499
I now have one of each Olympus dragons, and last night managed to score both my first Peridot AND my first Seasonal (well I hope it's a seasonal!). I used butterfly and clover for the seasonal as that combo can produce Olympus dragons as well.