Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 09-19-2011, 04:41 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyD3nRN View Post
Does getting a rainbow habitat first, increase the chance of getting the rainbow dragon? it was not mentioned in the spreadsheet. maybe it's important to have the habitat first?
Made no diff to me, no rainbow when I had the habitat, sold it for XP and replacement by something productive.

F.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:48 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyD3nRN View Post
Does getting a rainbow habitat first, increase the chance of getting the rainbow dragon? it was not mentioned in the spreadsheet. maybe it's important to have the habitat first?
I can't say yes or no for sure, but I can say that I've had a rainbow habitat for a long time (got it as soon as it became available and I'm now half way through level 17) and I've tried dozens of breeding combos since, but still no rainbow.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:54 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

Add me Jargox
Old 09-19-2011, 06:49 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Pretty sure the habitat has no impact on chance and if it did it's minimal. I actually sold my rainbow habitat for now to farm raise air habitats to hit level 20. Wee!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:53 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by alteredfrog View Post
If it is a random chance, and all attempts have the same random chance, and previous breeding attempts have no influence on future attempts then it really doesn't matter what you try as long as you keep trying.

The idea that "it'll happen any second now" or that it's "due" to work after 100 attempts is known as the Gambler's Fallacy and can be horribly disappointing and frustrating.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler's_fallacy

Until we can find a pattern of some kind with enough reported successes your best option is to go with what you think might work. As the reports come in you also have to realize that people will try combinations that have worked for others before, so some combinations will be over represented because they've been tried many more times then others. Although it might turn out that those other combinations not listed have higher probabilities of success.
I am just going to start trying the cheap and quick breeding combos for a bit. I burnt some cash trying for the rainbow using hybrids and those crystal dragons are 24hr timers and only sell for 100k...
Old 09-19-2011, 09:36 AM
iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jargox View Post
Add me Jargox
Please keep the add me posts on the other forum, this is the reason why Darren made this new one. Thanks.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:08 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Default Boost buildings

Just wondered if there was a specific way to place these so no dragon had plus and minus? Don't have 3rd island yet but does that matter?
Old 09-19-2011, 06:23 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZCanuck2011 View Post
Just wondered if there was a specific way to place these so no dragon had plus and minus? Don't have 3rd island yet but does that matter?
You're thinking of the ones on money ? You want those pluses . That's what the boosts do, so you put boosts and habitats in a pattern where they don't interfere(much) across your islands.(you might still end up with an hybrid keeping a minus)
I have all the boosts, spread on 3 islands and at last count 1 dragon with a minus.

F.
P.s. Still not too proud to return gems in the order received . (Fingers D)
Old 09-19-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jargox View Post
Add me Jargox
this is not the thread for asking people to add you. please go to darren12s other thread
Old 09-19-2011, 06:41 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

I wish I had two breeding habs! Maybe on the next update? Or if you could pay to stop a breeding.

Last edited by aejohns84; 09-19-2011 at 11:55 PM..