★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Developers - Enough!!!

11-10-2008, 06:11 AM
Developers - Enough!!!

Developers if your making another Tower Defense or Sudoku port... just stop. Did you know we already have 15 versions of Sudoku and we are heading that Direction for Tower Defense Clones.

STOP THE TD AND SUDOKU PORTS Enough already
11-10-2008, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormauser View Post
Developers if your making another Tower Defense or Sudoku port... just stop. Did you know we already have 15 versions of Sudoku and we are heading that Direction for Tower Defense Clones.

Unfortunately sudoku games are much more than 15...

11-10-2008, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormauser View Post

A problem that smaller developers have is that they may have been working on a TD game for a while, before TD games were available in such numbers for instance, and you can't expect them just to throw that work away. That's part of the problem of having so many indie developers writing stuff for the app store. It can't be helped really.

There's no excuse for another Sudoko being released, however

"Arthur & Charles Present Create & Play" now available on the App Store
iTunes - Arthur & Charles Website
11-10-2008, 07:19 AM
Yeah and how about putting a screenshot in for the one picture that shows up in the App Store? Showing a picture of your in game menu doesn't help anyone!
11-10-2008, 07:48 AM
me no like sudoku ..me no understand and me no buy. He he.

A good sword remain inside its sheath
A good M16 remain in safe mode
God! So, many games n so little money!!
11-10-2008, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moopf View Post
A problem that smaller developers have is that they may have been working on a TD game for a while, before TD games were available in such numbers for instance, and you can't expect them just to throw that work away. That's part of the problem of having so many indie developers writing stuff for the app store. It can't be helped really.
Yeah exactly. I actually started working on a TD game close to one year ago, even before the official SDK was released. I spent several months on it part-time, but was not able to get the final push in to complete it for store launch. If I had gotten my act together, I could easily have had it ready for early July. In retrospect, not getting it out sooner was probably a big mistake since now we have a dozen TD style games out there.

Anyhow, I will probably revive it soon so yes, you'll probably see yet another one out there. Sorry!
11-10-2008, 08:26 AM
What about Sudoku Tower Defense as an idea for a game? You go round entering the numbers onto the grid, and place towers around it to stop zombies from pinching the numbers! Then when you've completed the puzzle, the helicopter from the Chopper app comes along and decapitates the remaining zombies with its blades!
11-10-2008, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post
What about Sudoku Tower Defense as an idea for a game? You go round entering the numbers onto the grid, and place towers around it to stop zombies from pinching the numbers! Then when you've completed the puzzle, the helicopter from the Chopper app comes along and decapitates the remaining zombies with its blades!
Hahahaha awesome call
11-10-2008, 08:50 AM
What kills me is that despite having so many TD games to choose from, none are that great (IMO) ... Either the graphics suck, or there's no sound, or there's only one map, or there's no sandbox mode, etc. I've purchased three TD games so far, and I'm still waiting on one to be great.
11-10-2008, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wegmans View Post
Yeah and how about putting a screenshot in for the one picture that shows up in the App Store? Showing a picture of your in game menu doesn't help anyone!
I agree with you 100%
I always take that as a sign that there's nothing really to the app other than the title screen. If the developer isn't proud enough to show you some of the game "footage" in the form of some pictures, there really isn't anything there. So, when I only see 1 screen, it's an automatic STAY AWAY warning....

Oh, and while we're on this topic, how about no more puzzle slide style picture games. There's already so many free versions, who needs another version?
No more memory/simon-says games
No more lighter/flashlight apps (who really uses their device as a lighter/flashlight?)

Edit:
Oh, and let's not forget these apps also. We don't need anymore:
Are you drunk/what's your alcohol level (frick, if you need one of these, just know you're an alcoholic and shouldn't be driving)
Another coin-flipping app. Spare (no pun intended) yourself the $.99 and just keep a quarter in your pocket
Background/Wallpaper
Bobble-Heads
Conversion Calculators

Thanks for getting me started!
And thanks for letting me get that off my chest...phew, I feel better now

Last edited by Mr. Charley; 11-10-2008 at 09:10 AM.