★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Laser Puzzle

Can you play Connect the Dots? Think you can connect multiple lines of LED dots on an iPhone screen and do it fast, even when the game goes into the toughest level? If youre willing to try, Laser Puzzle is waiting for you.

Your mission, if youre willing to accept it, is to move the laser lines so that they touch and light up all the LEDs on the stage. Dont be fooled by the easy, no score level, either. Thats just to acquaint you with how the game works and to get you warmed up for the next two levels of difficulty.

When you feel comfortable enough to move on to the medium and hard stages, the timer kicks in and the LEDs get smaller. Move fast, brave player, and get that laser beam positioned just right before you run out of time. The faster your fingers move that beam into place, the more points you score.

Dont worry if you cant quite make it the first few times. Theres no shame in having to practice to get it perfect.

Brought to you by the Rock Pocket people, the Laser Puzzle is a highly addictive game app. The developers have made sure theyre offering everything you need to feed that driving addiction, too. Theyve incorporated some cool features and if your playing is interrupted, your progress and score are saved and waiting for your return. You can pick the game back up, right where it was when you had to leave it.

Features:

* 3 difficulty settings
(1 in the lite version)
* 40 different challenges
(10 in the lite version)
* Multi touch interface
* Auto save progress and score
* On screen timer (medium and hard)
(in full version)
* Built-in addictive excitement

So, what do you say? Think you can handle this app? Theres only one way to find out. Buy one and find out for yourself why they say that Laser Puzzle will rock your pocket.

Kyena's comments:
Hi everyone

I am posting from Rock Pocket Games. Hopefully this is not a rude request, specially from someone who just registered (I am lurking a lot but have not really registered until now, or posted much for that matter which will change).

We are about to re-release one of our lesser known titles called "Laser Puzzle" and are looking for feedback on the existing version. If, by any chance, you have played the game, I would be very interested in your feedback for improvements, if you have any suggestions. Obviously, I am not expecting anyone to buy the game nor would I ask you to, just for this reason, however we do have a free lite version available if anyone is interested in checking it out.

We are very open for communication and grateful for any inputs.
Thanks very much in advance!
09-20-2011, 06:13 AM
What a blast from the past. I remember loving this game.
I love the fact that you can have an option of timed and "relaxed" gameplay. The puzzles were really fun. My suggestion would be retina support and more puzzles, perhaps more varied backgrounds as well.

Icon is a window to game's soul...

09-20-2011, 07:24 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyena
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugekava View Post
What a blast from the past. I remember loving this game.
I love the fact that you can have an option of timed and "relaxed" gameplay. The puzzles were really fun. My suggestion would be retina support and more puzzles, perhaps more varied backgrounds as well.
Glad you liked the first installment
I probably should have mentioned that we already have an HD version in the works (it will be ported to Android and IPad as well). More levels and more backgrounds (or worlds) are also planned.

We are also considering game center integration for high-score challenges.

Thanks for the feedback!

Natascha "Kyena" Roosli - Rock Pocket Games
Facebook - Twitter - Oliver&Spike
09-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Hey there, I have just downloaded the game and I really liked it! These kinds of puzzles really can force me to think outside the box sometimes

So, I'd suggest you to put a quick reset button for the stage, and also a pause button. I understand that your interface is very minimalist, with only the time elapsed being shown but a pause and reset button could really benefit the player for a faster and more pleasurable experience. I really feel uncomfortable having to press the home button to force a pause, it takes me all the way out of the game then I have to click again on the app, navigate through the menu and pick it up again.

With the addition of a pause button, on the pause menu, you could add a "return to main menu" button too, and also add a level selection array, so the player can feel his progression and say "oh, here's where I am, level 32" for instance, and not just "let's play.. but, where am I going to pick this up from, again? I played this before but I don't remember how much progress I've had"

You could also add high scores (as being solving puzzles fast) and reward the players with anything that can make them feel great for it. These are very nice puzzles just to be given so simply to the player.

Then, on the array, the player could see his time scores for every level he completed, share it with his friends, try to beat his own scores. And also, the nice thing with high scores and a better explained menu, is that you could also add Achievements to increase the imersion, let's say: "finish all the levels under 2 minutes" - that would be an easy achievement, but it could challenge the player to improve his skills even more.

So these are my suggestions - A Pause button, a restart button, a level selection array and maybe achievements.

good game!
09-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Those are great suggestions Dragon thanks for taking the time to answer

However, I am not so sure about the pause button. At least not if it enables you to pause and think while being able to study the setup. It would kind of defeat the purpose of working against the time in my opinion.

09-20-2011, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyena View Post
Those are great suggestions Dragon thanks for taking the time to answer

However, I am not so sure about the pause button. At least not if it enables you to pause and think while being able to study the setup. It would kind of defeat the purpose of working against the time in my opinion.

Yeah that could be a problem, but if you hide the game screen when it's paused then there's no problem! Maybe with a pause menu screen or simply some effects.

I'm glad you liked the suggestions!
09-20-2011, 03:48 PM
Already noted down some blur effect or something similar for the pause screen. We generally like the idea of a pause button.