★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Third Blade $2.99 > $0.99

09-20-2011, 09:20 AM
Third Blade $2.99 > $0.99

Admin/Reviewer on Philippine Gamers Lounge
XBL & PSN: iANiMeX
GameCenter: ANiMeX2k11
Need beta tester?
09-20-2011, 10:00 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
I bought this the day it came out...

Kind of upsetting paying $3 for it... but it's not a bad buy for 99 cents...

I just got it for free on the Android Market, and it plays a lot better on a bigger screen...

Hope they end up making it Universal. =o)

09-20-2011, 10:08 AM
Got this when it was free. It's an okay side scrolling RPGish game. For some reason, I never could get into it. And I'm the type that usually like more action in my RPGs. Maybe I should have played it more.
09-20-2011, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Got this when it was free. It's an okay side scrolling RPGish game. For some reason, I never could get into it. And I'm the type that usually like more action in my RPGs. Maybe I should have played it more.
Me too. I'm a sucker for the "RPG-lite" beat-em up games..but couldn't stay with this one for some reason...

Of a different genre..I was hooked onto Aurum Blade so bad that I had to delete the game! I pretty much ignored everything for 2 days playing this game..so had to delete it. lol..

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
09-20-2011, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
Me too. I'm a sucker for the "RPG-lite" beat-em up games..but couldn't stay with this one for some reason...

Of a different genre..I was hooked onto Aurum Blade so bad that I had to delete the game! I pretty much ignored everything for 2 days playing this game..so had to delete it. lol..
lmao!!! Me too! =oP

I'm about to do the same to MAMC, but I don't know if I can... I'm so in love with it! =oP
09-20-2011, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post

I'm really digging Aurum Blade too. But luckly haven't gotten addicted to it enough to delete it. That's exactly the kind of RPG I like. Not too much NPC-talking, wondering from town to town, etc. More action.
09-20-2011, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
lmao!!! Me too! =oP

I'm about to do the same to MAMC, but I don't know if I can... I'm so in love with it! =oP
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
I'm really digging Aurum Blade too. But luckly haven't gotten addicted to it enough to delete it. That's exactly the kind of RPG I like. Not too much NPC-talking, wondering from town to town, etc. More action.
Luck you. lol.. I've always been into games like Diablo. I was pretty much hopefully addicted to Diablo 2 for years. Good thing I'm not into PC games now a days (but still got the ipod touch).

Anyways..back on topic.. Anyone into rpg-ish hack n slash should at least try out this game (when it goes free). From appstore reviews (for what its worth), enough people still enjoyed this game.

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?

Last edited by tops2; 09-20-2011 at 01:55 PM.
09-20-2011, 11:41 AM
This is one of the worst action-RPGs out there, no doubt. Not worth the $0.99 and hardly worth the time it takes to try it for free.

Twitter: @back2this
09-20-2011, 04:40 PM
I thought the game was OK, but didn't exactly bring anything fresh to the table. Each upgrade seems like it does little to nothing which removes the traditional RPG element.

And the devs also made the last boss nearly impossible to beat unless you have a crapload of a type of stones which you can earn(takes a crapload of time) or buy IAPs, which turned me off and made me delete it.

Currently enjoying: CtR, AB: Space, Guitar Hero, Rock Band Reloaded, Burger Queen World, Hunters: Episode One, Batman Arkham Lockdown, Ice Race, Bar Oasis1.5, Air Gamblers: Supremacy, Mage Gauntlet, Real Racing 2, Inotia2/3, Undercroft, Pocket Warriors, Ascension, Chaos Rings
09-20-2011, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UmbraVir View Post
I thought the game was OK, but didn't exactly bring anything fresh to the table. Each upgrade seems like it does little to nothing which removes the traditional RPG element.

And the devs also made the last boss nearly impossible to beat unless you have a crapload of a type of stones which you can earn(takes a crapload of time) or buy IAPs, which turned me off and made me delete it.
hmm... see it was the exact opposite for me... the entire "story" mode was WAY too easy... including the last boss... I flew through it all...

Then the arcade mode levels were INCREDIBLY difficult....

There was way too much of a jump in difficulty between the two modes...

that on top of the junk mechanics and insane amount of $$ needed to upgrade items and abilities... and the mediocre gameplay, and enemies that didn't need to hit you to hit you... crazy bad.

But I still think it's worth a buck.

But then again, it's pretty hard to convince me that a game isn't worth a buck... I mean, it's a dollar... =oP