★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: NEVONIX
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 43.4 MB
  • Version: 1.2.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Puzzle Moppet is a cute yet devilishly challenging 3D platform puzzle game set in a mysterious floating landscape, with a beautiful and ethereal ambience and graphical style.

Guide the Moppet through the vast and eternal void of space, navigating ice blocks, exploding blocks, balloons, elevators and more...

The gameplay in Puzzle Moppet will challenge your brain with puzzles ranging from the fun and very easy, to the devilishly devious that will require a deep spatial awareness to complete.

Game Features:
* 30 tricky and interesting puzzles
* Unique graphical style
* A lonely, ethereal 3D environment
* Get a high score for finding the best way to complete a puzzle
* True 3D puzzles

iOS Features:
* New menus for easier navigation
* Full arcball camera control
* Zoom in and out
* Play on your iPad, iPhone and iPod-Touch!

Puzzle Moppet will provide hours of brain-wracking fun for all the family!

This game has been localised into 9 different languages:
English, Italiano, Nederlands, Française, Español, Deutsch, , ,

nvx's comments:
What's New in v1.2.0:
Tweaks and new improved core
* better performance
* more responsive controls
* smoother play

09-23-2011, 01:57 PM
game is perfect..!
great graphics!!!

10-01-2011, 12:38 PM
10-03-2011, 02:16 AM
I am pleasantly surprised by how well thought out some of the puzzles are. I am also surprised by how difficult they can be. Overall, this is a hidden gem of a puzzle game!

Alas, on the iPad/iPhone, the controls are kinda funky. Many times my touch was either unregistered or registered incorrectly or with a delay. This would then cause my character to stray off course and often fall off the edge of the platform. The developer is advised to further troubleshoot this issue.

I am also very unclear in how the game measures success as "ratings". The game needs to better define what is considered a perfect or extraordinary rating. At the end of each puzzle, I am shown how many boxes and elevator steps I have pushed and used respectively, but these statistics give me little clue in how far I must improve to achieve a better rating. A numeric feedback in the lowest number of "necessary" steps should be given in addition the the crude star rating.

Notwithstanding these few criticisms, this is a game well worth buying and playing. Good game!

Last edited by y2kmp3; 10-03-2011 at 05:13 PM.
10-04-2011, 07:19 AM
Thank you for the feedback

Your point about the fiddly controls have been noted.
Can you confirm which iOS device(s) you played on?
10-04-2011, 07:56 AM
iPhone 4 running current 4.x iOS.

Also, are there hints to some levels available online (I am unable so far to achieve a perfect score for Lift Land)?

To this end, it would be nice that the puzzles in higher tiers (except for the first one) are not locked out until you have "solved" every single puzzle in the lower tier. Can you consider changing this in the next update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvx View Post
Thank you for the feedback

Your point about the fiddly controls have been noted.
Can you confirm which iOS device(s) you played on?

Last edited by y2kmp3; 10-04-2011 at 08:12 AM.
10-05-2011, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post
Also, are there hints to some levels available online (I am unable so far to achieve a perfect score for Lift Land)?
Some of the puzzles are indeed very tricky, as of yet there is no repository of hints or solutions, however in a future update we might very well include hints in the game itself

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post
To this end, it would be nice that the puzzles in higher tiers (except for the first one) are not locked out until you have "solved" every single puzzle in the lower tier. Can you consider changing this in the next update?
Certainly
We have already decided about this and in the next update all the puzzles will be selectable from the beginning.

Regarding the problem with jittery controls on iPhone4, did you have other apps running in the background?

Puzzle Moppet was not designed with iPad in mind, hence the controls are likely to be awkward and potentially unplayable on iPad and iPad2.
10-05-2011, 10:22 AM
Thank you for your reply. It is always nice to correspond with such a responsive game developer.

I ended up switching to an iPad 2 because I found the game to be running much smoother on it. This was particularly true when I wanted to zoom out to navigate while seeing the whole of the level. Regardless of which idevice, I would experience a somewhat random lag in the touch control. In addition, there would be the odd times when the character would go off to an unintended direction when I was clearly pressing a different arrow key. It made no noticeable difference even if I turned off most background processes (including apps) running. Because such mistakes are often unrecoverable (if you fall off the edge) or because you are penalized in the rating for such mistakes, I found myself having the need to replay the entire level (Lift Land is an example of this issue).

Also, can you post a video hint to Lift Land? I am stuck and I cannot proceed onward because of it.

Once again, I want to say that I am very pleased by how clever some of the puzzles are. Just curious, what inspired your design? Some of the levels are very intricate, and I have not seen such intricate solutions in similar Sokoban games. Well done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvx View Post
Some of the puzzles are indeed very tricky, as of yet there is no repository of hints or solutions, however in a future update we might very well include hints in the game itself

Certainly
We have already decided about this and in the next update all the puzzles will be selectable from the beginning.

Regarding the problem with jittery controls on iPhone4, did you have other apps running in the background?

Puzzle Moppet was not designed with iPad in mind, hence the controls are likely to be awkward and potentially unplayable on iPad and iPad2.

Last edited by y2kmp3; 10-05-2011 at 10:27 AM.
10-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Nevonix cannot take any responsibility for the clever design of the puzzles, all credit goes to GarnetGames to whom belongs the "Puzzle Moppet" IP.

The unresponsive controls on an iPad2 are clearly not a good sign.
We tested the game on various iOS devices prior to release (including iPhone4 and iPad1), but sometimes things can go wrong along the way.

Please bear with it for the moment, we are looking into it and will attempt to rectify the problem in the next update.

Thanks once again for the feedback
10-12-2011, 11:00 AM
The sale is no over

Last edited by nvx; 12-03-2011 at 03:26 PM.