Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-05-2014, 07:12 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Bloo Kid 2 (by Jorg Winterstein)

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 03-05-2014 at 10:08 PM..
Old 03-05-2014, 07:14 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Loving the Kirby reference in screenshot 4!
Old 03-05-2014, 07:30 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Love it ! I think i read in the preview thread that you get a few levels free and then you can unlock the rest of the game for a single payment, sounds totally fair.

This looks great, the original Bloo Kid was good but i always hoped they did a more 'Mario' style game instead of a single screen game. Roll on 12am ! Instant download and i'll be paying to unlock the rest of the game for sure
Old 03-05-2014, 07:33 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Love it ! I think i read in the preview thread that you get a few levels free and then you can unlock the rest of the game for a single payment, sounds totally fair.

This looks great, the original Bloo Kid was good but i always hoped they did a more 'Mario' style game instead of a single screen game. Roll on 12am ! Instant download and i'll be paying to unlock the rest of the game for sure
You and me both! I somehow missed the original but if it's anything like this then I'll be picking both of them up!
Old 03-05-2014, 07:37 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
You and me both! I somehow missed the original but if it's anything like this then I'll be picking both of them up!
The original was quite different, it was basically one screen (scrolled left and right a bit), it was more a 'single platformer' type of game. Well worth picking up, but this one seems to be much larger and expansive. Been looking forward to this one a while !
Old 03-05-2014, 07:57 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Bloo kid is free at the moment btw.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:59 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
Bloo kid is free at the moment btw.
Beautiful! Cheers
Old 03-05-2014, 08:07 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

It's pretty cool, unlike the original, this is a side scroller. I was kinda hoping it'd be more like "kid tripp" with the rage like difficulty though.
I'm more into games that progress in difficulty in other ways, rather than just throwing a ton of enemies into a level.. I would have loved to have seen some light puzzling elements, and difficult jumps, etc, but instead I get 50 peashooters shooting at me just as the difficulty starts to ramp up.
Still very nice though, I'm just not hugely into killing enemies.
People who love games like "super crate box" and other platformers will LOVE this.
I never enjoyed super crate box, despite the mass hysteria about it.
The pixel art is absolutely gorgeous, that alone almost makes me want to continue playing, but killing things is meh to me (I'm a girl..)
Ads are reasonable, at least they aren't there during gameplay, and paying to remove them is definitely fair.

Last edited by Snozberry; 03-05-2014 at 08:46 AM..
Old 03-05-2014, 09:39 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Glad to see a sequel to Bloo Kid. I will miss the single screen levels of the first game though... They made it feel more like an old arcade title.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:53 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Hey guys!

Awesome to see that you already picked up the game and wrote about it here!
I am the creator of Bloo Kid 2 and its great to see that it gets recognized here on toucharcade!

I would like to comment some of your replies:

@psj3809
In fact, the game comes initially with three worlds. You can play them without paying. The "one-time-inapp-purchase" ($1.99) simply removes the ads. All content stays the same.

@cloudpuff
Yes, to celebrate the release (and as a promotion for part two ), I have turned Bloo Kid ONE free over the weekend.

@Snozberry
It is true that the amount of enemies is quite high in Bloo Kid 2 (like it was in part one). But this is not really to "fake difficulty", its the nature of the game. When you play for a while you will notice that you can "rush" through a level and hop over enemies all the time, which is quite fun =)
Plus, there ARE some sort of "light" puzzle elements in later levels. I just wanted it to start slowly, then it builds up difficulty through challenging level-passages later. Check the trailer to see what I mean (Great to hear that you like the art!)

Youtube link | Pop Up