★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
06-16-2012, 04:42 AM
I saw this game running for the first time on a friend's Comodore Amiga.
He used to plug his computer's audio output on a Fender guitar amplifier, and I can say that the introduction sequence what made AWESOME

'Not fond of the iDevice controls, but the game itself was really picky on the controls back then (execpt for the late Sega Genesis version, maybe?).

I purchased the iOS version anyway. I had to. Such a masterpiece
08-02-2012, 11:37 PM
On sale, $0.99

P!

08-03-2012, 12:24 AM
I hope they do a retina update for the iPad
08-03-2012, 01:11 AM
This is fantastic game. Look is superb.
08-03-2012, 07:35 AM
What exactly is this? A platformer? Is it worth my buck?
08-03-2012, 08:15 AM
It's a pretty tough platformer, I love it. Played when I was little.
08-03-2012, 09:07 AM
All the good reviews in the appstore are written by people drunk on nostalgia.'Brings back good memories', 'great port of a classic', 'reminds me of childhood', 'loved this game back in the day' etc etc.

I just have this feeling that the 'ground breaking cinematic' experience this game is suppose to provide isn't going to appeal to people playing it for the 1st time. I am not exactly sure what this game is about too! I suppose the core gameplay mechanics must be pretty damn awesome for the old crowd to like it so much.
08-03-2012, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by violentv View Post
All the good reviews in the appstore are written by people drunk on nostalgia.'Brings back good memories', 'great port of a classic', 'reminds me of childhood', 'loved this game back in the day' etc etc.

I just have this feeling that the 'ground breaking cinematic' experience this game is suppose to provide isn't going to appeal to people playing it for the 1st time. I am not exactly sure what this game is about too! I suppose the core gameplay mechanics must be pretty damn awesome for the old crowd to like it so much.
It's more notable in terms of early use of polygons to save memory and to provide a cinematic aesthetic. The gameplay is a lot like the original Prince of Persia. What's neat is that while it does have some cutscenes, most of the scripted material is incorporated right into the action. I think it's best to watch some videos of it rather than rely on textual descriptions of the game though.
08-04-2012, 08:13 AM
I freaking loved that game - years ago!

Thank god, I will definitly buy that for my iPad.
02-20-2013, 11:13 AM
The game is now Icade compatible.