Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-21-2011, 06:50 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Is this game universal?
I know it says it's compatible with iPad, but that could be said of 99.9% of iPhone games, and the screenshots are all from iPhone.
Nowhere is the term "universal" mentioned...

I loved this game back in the day, but never completed it, so I really look forward to it, but I would be a bit disappointed if I have to play it on my iPad in 2x mode....

I can't find an HD version in the iPad threads either.

Edit:
Fund the preview on TA's main page, and it is indeed universal.
Great stuff!!

Gonna grab this first thing tonight. Won't get much sleep tonight, as NZ releases is available 1 'o clock in the morning here in Denmark...

Last edited by Bytebrain; 09-21-2011 at 06:59 AM..
Old 09-21-2011, 06:59 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

It is universal... Now, see, if I was doing the thread I would've mentioned that!

Edit: I kid, I kid...
Old 09-21-2011, 07:01 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
It is universal... Now, see, if I was doing the thread I would've mentioned that!
Yeah, I sort of answered my own question after a quick search on the main page. Maybe I should do my research before writing here..

Thanks though Echo.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:11 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSporkWithin View Post
I really can't wait for all the complaints about the difficulty. Unless they really tweaked the timing windows on everything, in which case I can't wait to hear the complaints about how it's completely devoid of challenge.
They added new difficulty levels - both easier and harder than the original game.
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/07/ch...-september-22/
Old 09-21-2011, 07:29 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post
They added new difficulty levels - both easier and harder than the original game.
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/07/ch...-september-22/
Yeah, but it depends on how difficulty is handled. The main point of frustration (and challenge) was the incredibly tight timing windows for actions, and I'm pretty sure they opened those up a lot wider to allow for touchscreen controls. That just seems wrong to me.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:46 AM
Banned
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Although I finished playing through the original Amiga version the first day I owned it, it wasn't the least bit disappointing because a) it had taken many small bunches of attempts, including considerable trial-and-error, throughout the entire day and b) it was still fun to play through several times again, both then and almost a decade later (at least a decade ago) on an old Amiga 1000, and c) it had been an almost enlightening exerience compared to that of most games.

I probably won't install this game on Game Center if it has leaderboards because it would be annoying if anything in that area was at all glitchy, but Out of this World was definitely my first choice for Amiga ports to iOS, and so far this version has gotten great acclaim.

Last edited by Grubjelly; 09-21-2011 at 07:48 AM..
Old 09-21-2011, 07:46 AM

does it support the iCade like Flashback?

BR

MJFox
Old 09-21-2011, 07:56 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

I don't understand the file sizes for these games. Why can the SNES version fit into 1 MB? Most of the 16-bit games from back in the day look better than many 2D IOS games and they look better....and sound better....and play better....and the file sizes are tiny.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:14 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by caanerud View Post
I don't understand the file sizes for these games. Why can the SNES version fit into 1 MB?
Because it had to. A surfeit of available memory has made programmers... shall we say 'less ruthless' when it comes to using memory.

(I can still remember the first memory expansion I was given one birthday - it put my computer's memory up to a whole 2K!)

Old 09-21-2011, 08:15 AM
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by caanerud View Post
I don't understand the file sizes for these games. Why can the SNES version fit into 1 MB? Most of the 16-bit games from back in the day look better than many 2D IOS games and they look better....and sound better....and play better....and the file sizes are tiny.
Well for one thing the original SNES game would likely have been something like 360 x 240 resolution. But I don't think its at all true that most 16 bit games look (or sound or play for that matter) better than many IOS games (and I love the old games). I mean just listen to the howls of consternation that occur everytime a game releases nowadays that isn't universal and people have to run it at 2x on the Ipads...