★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Review Scores:
iFanzine score: 4,5/5 - AppScore Score: 8/10 - NRK Filmpolitiet: 4/6 - Appspy: 4/5 -Thesmartphonereview: 70/100 - Appshack: 9/10 - AppsJP: 69/100 - TheGamingVault: 7/10.

---

* Pick up and Play
* Several playstyle to reach highscore, find your style!
* Meet & Defeat several monsters
* Defeat the mini boss which grows stronger each encounter
* Collect gold coins and unlock new powers
* Upgrade your abilities to unlock new playstyle and gameplay
* Heal the world from evil corruption
* Detailed and beatifull graphic, which changes as you play
* Awesome music which becomes groovy the further you get in game

Now is the time to experience the latest addictive game on the market.

---
INTRO STORYLINE

Fifteen years ago, you were sent on the journey all SUN followers must undertake to become a Priest of healing to fight against the ever growing darkness. Your success and return to your homeland as a disciple of the SUN will bring pride to your people.

Upon your return however, you are devastated to find your home world in pain and darkness. The very entity you have trained the last fifteen years to fight against has devoured your world and plunged it into darkness.

As the sole survivor, alone you stand and it is up to you to stand up against the darkness that has destroyed your world. The time ahead shall be hard, will you use the very skills you have trained for over the last fifteen years to restore your world to its former glory, or will you share the same fate as your people? Only time will tell
----

Idyllic improves pick up and play genre with some depth and complexity, if you ever felt that you wanted to play a simple game but with more depth, then this game is for you. Try the new type of pick up and play game, that offers diversity, replayability, changing gameplay, changing graphic, changing music, upgradeable hero, unlocking abilities and powers, defeating mini bosses and awesomness all around.

---

Features:

Addictive Gameplay
Simple & Fun Controls
Stunning Graphic & Awesome Music
Unlockable Powers & Upgradeable Abilities
Monsters & Mini Boss
Changing Graphic & Music
Infinite gameplay
Resource Management Mechanic
Game Center
09-21-2011, 05:58 AM
My biggest Problem with this Game is the leak of Animation

09-21-2011, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
My biggest Problem with this Game is the leak of Animation
I see what you mean, at least for the main character:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
09-21-2011, 09:54 AM
Leak of animation? not sure i follow. Are you referring to the little red line that comes from the main character? Is that supposed to be the 'navigation' line or something?

Very interested in this game; would love to hear feedback.
09-21-2011, 10:40 AM
The graphics appeal to me, but the gameplay looks a little suspect from that vid. I mean, there's not much going on?!

I'll definitely look out some for respected opinions before hitting that big, bad buy button...

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
09-21-2011, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabdog View Post
Leak of animation? not sure i follow. Are you referring to the little red line that comes from the main character? Is that supposed to be the 'navigation' line or something?

Very interested in this game; would love to hear feedback.
I assumed it was a typo and he meant "lack of animation", the main character doesn't seem to move at all while jumping, like he is just some static icon.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
09-21-2011, 05:46 PM
Game Impressions

Teaser Trailer:

HD Gameplay Trailer (iPad 2):

Note:

Frist 15. Minutes of Gameplay.

Special Note:

As you can see the Game is a pretty nice Jumping Runner that has some nice Art and also a few nice Features other Runner Games doesn`t have.

While some might say that it seem that the Game start slow i can assure you that it keeps getting faster as you progress in the Worlds.

As i already have said before i really like the Artstyle and really do hope that the Develpoper adds a few more Animation and also a sweet little Story since those Paintings on the Homepage of the Game are great and i wana see much, much more of them in the Game!

Even i first thought that the Game wouldn`t be worth my Money i am glad that i did take the risk and bought it.

If the Developer keeps fixing those few missing Things this Game could become in the upcoming Months a nice sleeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I assumed it was a typo and he meant "lack of animation", the main character doesn't seem to move at all while jumping, like he is just some static icon.
Thanks for clearing it out to the others. I really shouldn't us the iPhone for posting stuff since the Auto Correct Function is making a hillirous joke out of it.

Last edited by Sanuku; 09-21-2011 at 05:53 PM.
09-21-2011, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Teaser Trailer:

YouTube: video

HD Gameplay Trailer (iPad 2):

YouTube: video
Note:

Frist 15. Minutes of Gameplay.

Special Note:

As you can see the Game is a pretty nice Jumping Runner that has some nice Art and also a few nice Features other Runner Games doesn`t have.

While some might say that it seem that the Game start slow i can assure you that it keeps getting faster as you progress in the Worlds.

As i already have said before i really like the Artstyle and really do hope that the Develpoper adds a few more Animation and also a sweet little Story since those Paintings on the Homepage of the Game are great and i wana see much, much more of them in the Game!

Even i first thought that the Game wouldn`t be worth my Money i am glad that i did take the risk and bought it.

If the Developer keeps fixing those few missing Things this Game could become in the upcoming Months a nice sleeper.

Thanks for clearing it out to the others. I really shouldn't us the iPhone for posting stuff since the Auto Correct Function is making a hillirous joke out of it.
Ok, I'll try it at the end of this week.

Currently learning iMaschine and Garage Band.
09-22-2011, 03:56 AM
Amit - Ceo - FatCow Games

Hello our lovely customers, this is Amit using this account - CEO of FatCow Games.

We appreciate your feedback and it is already being worked on slowly. We cant promise full animation on the next patch but at least some minor adjustments before we replace it with a full scale animation. So, noted and accepted onto "ToDoList"

Other feedback elsewhere has made our "ToDoList"

1. Better animation, will probably improve our time (Budget reasons)
2. Faster speed progression (Shouldnt be a problem)
3. More monsters earlier (We decided to add some new patterns too)
4. We are also adding a stress factor to the game, the darkness hands will appear when you get too close to the left screen before dying.

The list is longer but smaller and more incremental patches is easier for our part time development + quicker to fix bugs.

Thank you for your feedback, please buy our game and stay in touch with us on twitter and facebook for other news, games, entertainment and VIP services.

Send feedback through feedback (at) idyllic (dot) fatcowgames (dot) net

Thank you for your valuable feedback

Here is latest review: http://ifanzine.com/idyllic-review

Places you should hang:

Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/fcgames
http://www.facebook.com/idyllicgame

Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/idyllicgame
http://www.twitter.com/fatcowgames
http://www.twitter.com/fatcowgamespr
http://www.twitter.com/amitginni

http://www.fatcowgames.net
http://www.idyllic.fatcowgames.net

Yours truely
Amit Ginni Patpatia
CEO - FatCow Games

Last edited by fatcowgames; 09-22-2011 at 04:08 AM.
11-08-2011, 03:35 PM
What's New in Version 1.2

- added sound effects (stomp, flapping, orb-heal)
- removed pause-resume exploit
- added chasing shadow
- added grabbing hands of doom (they kill you)
- fixed glide animation not starting bug
- more coins early
- fixed double name double ok freeze bug
- new background
- new jumping frames
- score is now set to 100%
- fixed jump over boss bug
- removed ability to glide-heal boss island
- fixed missing islands bug
- tweaked audio looping a bit; looping same level track is now default unity looping. Switching to new level-music is still same
- changed twitter link url
- added plugin ask for review popup (first shows on 3rd startup)
- added global highscore list which will be implemented into game info site as well, used for tournaments.
- for those without game center, pressing the game center icon in the game over menu will open a popup browser showing the top 250 list in preperation for tournament (e-sport) and prizes.
- added auto-popup of fb or twitter share dialog max once every 24 hrs if profiles highscore is beaten
- added right-to-left going enemy
- More varied early segments, a few new.
- More monsters in early segments.
- More coins in general.
- Rebalanced island progression
- Shop prices for highest upgrades reduced slightly.

Twitter : [@John_Hasio]
iPhoneHellas Review Team member