★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: PONOS
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 12.6 MB
  • Version: 1.1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 4 (1)
App description: In this adorable action puzzle game, all you have to do is connecting eggs!
Multiplayer mode is available!
Let's Do Do EGG!

*** What's good about Do Do EGG! ***
Supporting Game Center leaderboard,achievements, and MULTIPLAYER mode!
Universal app. You can play this app both on your iPhone and iPad!

*** How to play ***

Connect two like colored eggs by drawing a line but with two eggs in between them.
While the line is active, draw another line to get bonus score!
Return the line to the first Egg and get a bonus score!

*** Game modes ***
Normal
Keep drawing lines and hatch eggs!

1 Minute
You have 1 minute to reach as far as you can go.

Mission
You get missions to achieve!

Endless
No time limit! Try your limit!

You have conditions to unlock these modes. Its not difficult!

*** Other game modes ***
Score Attack(Online multiplayer
Get scores and beat your opponent in 1minute!

Break Eggs by turn!
When it becomes impossible to break Eggs in your turn, you lose!

Puzzle mode
Break all Eggs as quickly as you can at lowest number of moves!
Let's go for 3 stars!

Presented by PONOS

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

09-21-2011, 06:28 AM
I really love Ponos' games. I will def be buying this.

09-21-2011, 07:00 AM
True. There is no Reason to don't get this Game.
09-21-2011, 07:53 PM
ponos!!!!! looks great as always...

i wish cosmos had retina and gamecenter support it needs leader boards and achievements its a very under rated puzzle game...
09-21-2011, 11:22 PM
Grabbed it. Its another winner! Fun game with impressive sound and visuals! Nicely done Ponos!
09-22-2011, 12:22 AM
1 dollar per mode ?!

I paid a dollar and i only get 1 mode !! and i have to pay a dollar for each additional modes?! It seems like it should have been a free game! And then you pay to add extra modes. Also, there's this PONOS ad on the top that stays there! Am I right? Or am i only dreaming?
09-22-2011, 04:31 AM
Damn... seems the poster above is correct. Only 'Normal' mode is available... 1 minute, mission and endless are in app purchases. There is indeed a big 'More Games' banner that isn't in the screenshots.

The description on the store mentions the modes, but not that they are add on purchases!

That plus the 'special discount for a limited time!' certainly seems to imply that these modes would be included on purchase.

I'd hate to spend more then a dollar and find that out after purchase.

Sorry... but this feels really bait & switch to me.
09-22-2011, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjornkeizers View Post
Damn... seems the poster above is correct. Only 'Normal' mode is available... 1 minute, mission and endless are in app purchases. There is indeed a big 'More Games' banner that isn't in the screenshots.

The description on the store mentions the modes, but not that they are add on purchases!

That plus the 'special discount for a limited time!' certainly seems to imply that these modes would be included on purchase.

I'd hate to spend more then a dollar and find that out after purchase.

Sorry... but this feels really bait & switch to me.
Bought it some hours ago and it's a excellent game!!!
Concerning the additional modes: you don't have to pay for them
because you will unlock them too when you reach a specific target in the initial
so buying is just another option for the lazy ones.
btw: I've already unlocked all except the last mode in 2 hours

The banner ad is really strange: it just shows up on the iPad but not on
the iPhone ...not very distracting but I don't like to see this on a prominent place on a paid app

Anyhow: clear recommendation as this is one of the best matchX
at the moment and extremely addictive
09-22-2011, 09:07 AM
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
Regarding IAP: PONOS games are usually a little more than $0.99. However, that's no excuse for releasing a product that is very bare bones on modes. It's bad business sense too, since I am sure they will get some negative reviews now. Also, a banner ad is unacceptable for a paid app.

This is PONOS, however, and their games are always really high quality. So I don't mind paying for the IAP. But yeah, it should be clearer and the base game should have more content.

i'm a pretty kitty cat
09-22-2011, 09:51 AM
Game Impressions

It is a really simple twist to the old "Match 3" (well more like match 4) but, dang, as much as I'm liking it I can't quite wrap my head around it yet.

Pick a gem, any gem, now connect to a same colored gem EXACTLY two spaces away taking any path you want. Better yet, form a chain of several of these same colored gems exactly two spaces away for each step. Make even bigger points if you can enclose an area doing this (having the last step of the chain reconnect to the initial stone again).

I've unlocked the Mission Mode that gives you a series of distinct missions like, "Make a Chain of 4" in under a minute and once completed your timer will be reset and you'll be told to "Make a Chain of 5". Your end score in this mode is simply how many missions you complete.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews