★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iTrade: Stock Exchange Simulator / Fantasy Stock Trading

04-30-2009, 06:03 AM
iTrade: Stock Exchange Simulator / Fantasy Stock Trading

Update May 1, 2009: iTrade is showing up on the AppStore little by little worldwide, Click here to get it now!

Update May 4, 2009: We are #18 on iTunes Finance thanks to your support! Thanks!

Neon Surge announces our newest iPhone game iTrade coming to the AppStore Friday, May 1st, 2009. iTrade is an innovative mobile stock market simulator that lets you quickly and easily find stock and execute trades. iTrade is the only REAL stock trading simulator application for the iPhone. It's so real, we can barely call it a game. The only thing fake is the money and best of all, iTrade is FREE. With iTrade, you'll be able to...
  1. Manage a 100K virtual stock portfolio
  2. Compete against the world with up-to-date information about top fellow iTraders
  3. Stock listing and search let you find stocks with ease
  4. Hot-Stocks area to help new traders find stocks that are currently being traded in high volume
  5. Trades are executed with real time quotes to combat cheating and make a more REAL experience
  6. Research stocks using up to date news and detailed history graphs
  7. Interact with fellow iTraders through the embedded forums right within iTrade or in your browser
  8. Gain experience and knowledge about trading on the stock market
  9. Intuitive controls utilizing the powerful iPhone interface make managing your portfolio simple
iTrade was designed to be realistic down to the last detail, while keeping a element of simplicity, fun, and education. There is nothing "fantasy" about it. Trading within iTrade should directly simulate trading with a stock broker, including virtual brokerage fees. Trades are only executed during actual trading hours of the NYSE.

Even though iTrade is free, we have put the quality and experience that we are known for into it. If you're not sold yet, check out this video tutorial of iTrade.

iTrade's website, http://nerdtrade.com has the forums and data about the current top players and total iTraders in our system, and may contain more data in the future.

Currently planned (some already implemented) future features include...
  1. Zoom in for more detail on the graphs
  2. More integrated social interaction and "invite a friend"
  3. Investment Clubs which let you compete directly against a group of friends, like your own private ladder. Additionally they will allow competition between clubs.
  4. Other portals to play iTrade. We have a Android and Web-based version of iTrade on the way, so you and your friends can play even if they don't have a iPhone!
Finally, we want to thank all our beta testers from this forum for helping make this application what it is now. Many features are a direct result from your input. We would not be where we are without you, so THANKS!

Oh, and follow Neon Surge on Twitter, or get iTrade updates from twitter

So what are you waiting for... Go get it now!

iTrade... do you...?

Last edited by InsolentDreams; 05-04-2009 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Adding iTunes top 20 info...
04-30-2009, 06:51 AM
i'llTrade.

Can't wait for this...
And I think it can be called "game".
They should chose the game category.

04-30-2009, 07:03 AM
Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotlight View Post
i'llTrade.

Can't wait for this...
And I think it can be called "game".
They should chose the game category.
Thanks for your input...

We actually originally submitted it without the game category but we have decided to change it because of input from many users (like you). Our beta testers helped hash this idea out. So you will see it in the Games and Finance categories.
04-30-2009, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsolentDreams View Post
Thanks for your input...

We actually originally submitted it without the game category but we have decided to change it because of input from many users (like you). Our beta testers helped hash this idea out. So you will see it in the Games and Finance categories.
I think you'd get more visibility under the "game" category.
I'm not a marketing expert, but (I think) it would be a good idea.
04-30-2009, 11:52 AM
Send a message via AIM to jaisor Send a message via Yahoo to jaisor Send a message via Skype™ to jaisor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotlight View Post
I think you'd get more visibility under the "game" category.
Our one concern about the game category was that we will be listed with all the other games, plus being free, we will be exposed to some of the harshest criticism in the AppStore. I hope that the players of those games will spend the extra 5 seconds to read what the iTrade is and does before just getting it because its free and then flaming it because its too slow pace and not a "real" game.

Last edited by jaisor; 04-30-2009 at 12:07 PM.
04-30-2009, 12:11 PM
Working for an investment research company I think this will be a no brainer purchase. I'll be picking it up tomorrow!
04-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Visibility of being in the "game" category... and more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOMBOT View Post
Working for an investment research company I think this will be a no brainer purchase. I'll be picking it up tomorrow!
Great, we look forward to seeing you on the scoreboard and the forums. We also look forward to your (and anyone's) feedback regarding our game and stock trading platform. If you are passionate about stock, we want to hear from you. Private Message me any feedback, or post on the in-game forums!

Cheers!
04-30-2009, 03:25 PM
This looks really cool. I have been looking forward to this, even though I just bought iPSX which is pretty good. This is going to be a good game though and glad it's free.
04-30-2009, 03:30 PM
Jaisor, I really enjoy iTrade and the graphics are beautiful
04-30-2009, 03:51 PM
I had the pleasure of having some email contact with a member of the development team, he was very friendly and took time to communicte with an individual user. After discussing how some game features should be implemented (mainly how to deal with timezones, iTrade does this right immediately from the start: trade when the NYSE is open, no matter what timezone the player is in) I got a beta version of the game. Very solid, both iPSX and iTrade do some things differently than the other, each has it's pros and cons and both developers seem to be planning to keep improving the game. The competition will hopefully make both games as good as possible!

Stefan