★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Miniclip.com
  • Genre: Simulation
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 20.4 MB
  • Version: 1.2.1
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Monster thugs are on the loose harassing the inhabitants of the colorful world of Monster Island. Now, it's up to you and your arsenal of mini-monster bombs to get rid of this plague of unwanted visitors. Can you stand against such mischievous foes?

Unlock five different monster bombs, each with its own abilities: Rocko, Sticky, Xplode, Blui and the fearsome Don Tonator! Toss them at enemies over 3 worlds and 200 reactive puzzles which will dazzle you for many hours of unparalleled fun.

Change your character in the store to get new and cool looks.

KEY FEATURES:

315 levels over 5 different islands (and more to come!)
Choose one of 16 unique heroes
Amazing retina graphics
Game Center Leaderboards and Achievements
Game music, which automatically switches itself off at start when playing other music on your iPod/iPhone
Interactive tutorial to learn how to play

Try also the free web version of Monster Island on our website:
http://www.miniclip.com/games/monster-island/

goiMot's comments:

09-21-2011, 11:56 AM
...I hope that this Game will be as good as i wish it to be...

Last edited by New England Gamer; 09-23-2011 at 10:08 AM. Reason: More legible in forum format

09-22-2011, 04:20 AM
the graphics are very good
09-22-2011, 07:38 AM
definitely looks fun, but kinda hard to get stuff from the store without IAP

well, definitely enjoying this app, though, if you want to opt for other monsters, unlock worlds and stuff, you hardly will make enough coins from the game itself, pushing you towards an IAP ... which I think is a bit steep, considering that the app itself already comes with a price tag ... played thru all of first world, and only got enough coins for unlocking the least expensive of the additional monsters, for 300 coins, the next higher ones go for 1000 or 1500, not sure if in 2nd world, the coins will flow more freely ... ah well, that aside, the game would be most enjoyable
09-22-2011, 08:08 AM
Premium price plus consumable IAP? No thanks!

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
09-22-2011, 09:22 AM
you dont need to buy stuff, of course, but then you will mostly stuck with 1 or 2 alternative monsters to play with, not with the 5 or 6 that are listed within the game ... but as I said, maybe you can gain more coins thru the game in world 2 and 3, but if the money adds up the same as in world 1, you may just miss part of the fun ... that was also the reason I was a bit amazed, to pay 3 USD, and then get greeted by a store where you got to fork over more money to have access to different characters you can play with

and one word of clarification, of course, you dont need to buy world 2 and 3, that you only have to fork over coins if you cant wait to unlock them all by yourself
09-22-2011, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by itigger View Post
you dont need to buy stuff, of course, but then you will mostly stuck with 1 or 2 alternative monsters to play with, not with the 5 or 6 that are listed within the game ... but as I said, maybe you can gain more coins thru the game in world 2 and 3, but if the money adds up the same as in world 1, you may just miss part of the fun ... that was also the reason I was a bit amazed, to pay 3 USD, and then get greeted by a store where you got to fork over more money to have access to different characters you can play with

and one word of clarification, of course, you dont need to buy world 2 and 3, that you only have to fork over coins if you cant wait to unlock them all by yourself
I don't have a problem with IAP, but games like this are usually free to play, then have the consumable IAP to purchase coins (or whatever) to unlock the game faster. That's fine. However, when you have to pay a premium and then are given incomplete access to the game...that is where I draw the line. I don't mind paying extra to unlock new worlds, new characters or other permanant items, but I won't ever pay for consumable IAPs, especially in a premium game such as this.

I thought Miniclip was better than this. I've enjoyed their previous games, but I'll pass on this one.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
09-22-2011, 10:34 AM
The game looks fun, though. If you can unlock the other levels just by playing (and don't have to grind endlessly to do it) and if you get your moneys worth without buying the monsters, then I'd be fine with that. Those are big IFs, though.
09-22-2011, 04:04 PM
Ok, now I tried the Flash version and, well, it seems like it's just a reskin of Fragger. Maybe it gets different later, I don't know. I think I'll just finish Fragger, which I haven't yet.
09-23-2011, 01:29 AM
qq

This game seems so interesting..I hope it can as funny as I excepted..