Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-21-2011, 11:15 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Monster Island HD By Miniclip

Old 09-21-2011, 12:56 PM

...I hope that this Game will be as good as i wish it to be...

Last edited by New England Gamer; 09-23-2011 at 11:08 AM.. Reason: More legible in forum format
Old 09-22-2011, 05:20 AM

the graphics are very good
Old 09-22-2011, 08:38 AM

Default definitely looks fun, but kinda hard to get stuff from the store without IAP

well, definitely enjoying this app, though, if you want to opt for other monsters, unlock worlds and stuff, you hardly will make enough coins from the game itself, pushing you towards an IAP ... which I think is a bit steep, considering that the app itself already comes with a price tag ... played thru all of first world, and only got enough coins for unlocking the least expensive of the additional monsters, for 300 coins, the next higher ones go for 1000 or 1500, not sure if in 2nd world, the coins will flow more freely ... ah well, that aside, the game would be most enjoyable
Old 09-22-2011, 09:08 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Premium price plus consumable IAP? No thanks!
Old 09-22-2011, 10:22 AM

you dont need to buy stuff, of course, but then you will mostly stuck with 1 or 2 alternative monsters to play with, not with the 5 or 6 that are listed within the game ... but as I said, maybe you can gain more coins thru the game in world 2 and 3, but if the money adds up the same as in world 1, you may just miss part of the fun ... that was also the reason I was a bit amazed, to pay 3 USD, and then get greeted by a store where you got to fork over more money to have access to different characters you can play with

and one word of clarification, of course, you dont need to buy world 2 and 3, that you only have to fork over coins if you cant wait to unlock them all by yourself
Old 09-22-2011, 10:49 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by itigger View Post
you dont need to buy stuff, of course, but then you will mostly stuck with 1 or 2 alternative monsters to play with, not with the 5 or 6 that are listed within the game ... but as I said, maybe you can gain more coins thru the game in world 2 and 3, but if the money adds up the same as in world 1, you may just miss part of the fun ... that was also the reason I was a bit amazed, to pay 3 USD, and then get greeted by a store where you got to fork over more money to have access to different characters you can play with

and one word of clarification, of course, you dont need to buy world 2 and 3, that you only have to fork over coins if you cant wait to unlock them all by yourself
I don't have a problem with IAP, but games like this are usually free to play, then have the consumable IAP to purchase coins (or whatever) to unlock the game faster. That's fine. However, when you have to pay a premium and then are given incomplete access to the game...that is where I draw the line. I don't mind paying extra to unlock new worlds, new characters or other permanant items, but I won't ever pay for consumable IAPs, especially in a premium game such as this.

I thought Miniclip was better than this. I've enjoyed their previous games, but I'll pass on this one.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:34 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

The game looks fun, though. If you can unlock the other levels just by playing (and don't have to grind endlessly to do it) and if you get your moneys worth without buying the monsters, then I'd be fine with that. Those are big IFs, though.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:04 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Ok, now I tried the Flash version and, well, it seems like it's just a reskin of Fragger. Maybe it gets different later, I don't know. I think I'll just finish Fragger, which I haven't yet.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:29 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 2.x

Default qq

This game seems so interesting..I hope it can as funny as I excepted..