Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-21-2011, 02:09 PM
killercow's Avatar
killercow killercow is offline
Moderator
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: France
Posts: 3,109
Default Gyro13–Steam Copter Arcade HD (Universal App By CINEMAX) [Lite now available]




Lite: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gyro13/id474674370?mt=8


Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by New England Gamer; 11-02-2011 at 07:47 PM.. Reason: added lite link
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-21-2011, 02:17 PM
Bytebrain Bytebrain is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 1,309
Default

Wauv! Graphics are amazing.
Hard to tell if the gameplay is as exiting from that vid, but it sure looks good...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-21-2011, 02:18 PM
killercow's Avatar
killercow killercow is offline
Moderator
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: France
Posts: 3,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytebrain View Post
Wauv! Graphics are amazing.
Hard to tell if the gameplay is as exiting from that vid, but it sure looks good...
Downloading... Will be back with some impression soon!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-21-2011, 02:25 PM
Bytebrain Bytebrain is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 1,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
Downloading... Will be back with some impression soon!
Great.
Look forward to hear what you have to say.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-21-2011, 02:39 PM
killercow's Avatar
killercow killercow is offline
Moderator
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: France
Posts: 3,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytebrain View Post
Great.
Look forward to hear what you have to say.
So! The game opens up with you finally being a pilot. you must go through dangerous cave-like environments to rescue some miners that are injured/trapped. It works a bit like a taxi game. You get to a platform, grab the miners and the goal is to reach the platform at the end of the level.
First of all the game is really beautiful on an Ipad 2 (60fps, no slowdown with i'd say full Anti aliasing). Even if it's only 2, the backgrounds and the ship itself are made out of some really high quality textures.
The controls are quite great but at the same time they make the game challenging enough by making it hard to control in tight spaces.
The level design is good but i wonder if it's going to be varied enough to last those 24 levels without feeling boring. The game as some skins that you can unlock, it also comes with full voice acting and an original score.

Now, i'm only on the fourth level but there are some different things added to keep the game fresh like mines and gas but also vertical and horizontal levels. If you like the main idea and want a really great looking game then you'll like it, the trailer should give you a good idea of what to expect.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-21-2011, 02:41 PM
cinemaxgames cinemaxgames is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Prague
Posts: 338
Default

Thank you for quick and nice review.

Last edited by cinemaxgames; 09-21-2011 at 02:45 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-21-2011, 02:44 PM
Bytebrain Bytebrain is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 1,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
So! The game opens up with you finally being a pilot. you must go through dangerous cave-like environments to rescue some miners that are injured/trapped. It works a bit like a taxi game. You get to a platform, grab the miners and the goal is to reach the platform at the end of the level.
First of all the game is really beautiful on an Ipad 2 (60fps, no slowdown with i'd say full Anti aliasing). Even if it's only 2, the backgrounds and the ship itself are made out of some really high quality textures.
The controls are quite great but at the same time they make the game challenging enough by making it hard to control in tight spaces.
The level design is good but i wonder if it's going to be varied enough to last those 24 levels without feeling boring. The game as some skins that you can unlock, it also comes with full voice acting and an original score.

Now, i'm only on the fourth level but there are some different things added to keep the game fresh like mines and gas but also vertical and horizontal levels. If you like the main idea and want a really great looking game then you'll like it, the trailer should give you a good idea of what to expect.
Sounds very interesting. I think I'm gonna pick this one up.
Thank you for your impressions Killercow.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-21-2011, 02:44 PM
Arashi541 Arashi541 is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Where you dont live
Posts: 1,662
Default

Is there an infinite mode where you are always delivering passengers? A.K.A how high is the replay value?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-21-2011, 02:49 PM
killercow's Avatar
killercow killercow is offline
Moderator
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: France
Posts: 3,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi541 View Post
Is there an infinite mode where you are always delivering passengers? A.K.A how high is the replay value?
Not that i can see (Though the devs can anwser now that they're here). Maybe that's something that they can add!
Wishlist for future pdates Cinemaxgames:
-Endless mode
-Game center support! (achievements/Leaderboards)

Oh anyone knows why the appinfo is still processing?

Last edited by killercow; 09-21-2011 at 02:54 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-21-2011, 03:02 PM
cinemaxgames cinemaxgames is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Prague
Posts: 338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
Not that i can see (Though the devs can anwser now that they're here). Maybe that's something that they can add!
Wishlist for future pdates Cinemaxgames:
-Endless mode
-Game center support! (achievements/Leaderboards)

Oh anyone knows why the appinfo is still processing?
Leaderboards will be available in next update! So till the update you can practice.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent