★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: BiCore
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 89.3 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: [Lord of Darkness] is a 3D action game where the main character which is a dark guardian escapes after getting arrested while infiltrating into Tower of Death. The entire game was implemented as 3D escaping from the 2D stripe method so you can experience more three dimensional and fancy graphics. Youll feel the fun of speedy action just with the combination of direction, attack, roll or skill keys and the strategic but splendid action because the skill provided by each weapon is different. In addition, you can raise characters by purchasing the weapons and armors using the gold acquired through playing the game. You can directly experience the outer appearance and power as equipments get replaced

[Game Features]

Battle System Simple and Clear Battling Method
: You can display powerful consecutive skills and various situations using combo system of attack and roll (evade) or combinations that could be called the basics of action games.

Weapon & Skill System Stylish Action
: A total of 5 weapons including One Handed Sword, Long Sword, Gauntlet, Bomb and GUN are provided. Each weapon has different attack styles and characteristics. You can use 2 skills with each weapon. Each weapon is divided into a skill that has fancy powerful attack power and a support type skill to assist battles. You can equip up to 4 weapons to be used strategically for each stage.

Stage 100!
: The game is made up of 100 stages total as a concept of escaping 100 floors of underground tower. As you go up each floor, the difficulty of game gets increased with different structure or appearing monsters. Moreover, you need a strategic play as powerful boss monsters appear in certain stages.

Arena Mode Unlimited Challenge!
: The Arena Mode of survival type is a mode to clear a total of 25 waves at once under limited conditions. You can acquire secret reward items each time a specific wave zone is cleared and the rare items not provided by this game exist here.

BiCORE Games
- Empire War
- Demon Hunter
- Jewel Battle
- Lord of Darkness

[Contact Us]
bicore@bicore.co.kr
donghoum@bicore.co.kr
lhy7600@bicore.co.kr

goiMot's comments:

09-22-2011, 06:50 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to mbjones
Dangsies. Looks pretty awesome. Also looks like we missed out on a 99c sale

Anyone here played it and have opinions??

09-22-2011, 09:44 AM
Looks like it's gone down to $0.99 and then back up to $2.99 again this morning. I missed it the second time, too. I think I'll wait to see if it hits $0.99 again.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
09-23-2011, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
Looks like it's gone down to $0.99 and then back up to $2.99 again this morning. I missed it the second time, too. I think I'll wait to see if it hits $0.99 again.
Brought it at 2.99 it seems like a decent game, but at that price I did not expect to meet IAP in-game. But there is IAP if you want any decent equipment so far.

Not worth the 2.99 so far. A least it has a 100 stages, and I only completed 3 of them. They seemed very alike with similar enemies though.
09-23-2011, 04:00 PM
HD Gameplay Trailer (iPad 2):

Note:

First 15. Minutes of Gameplay. It`s a nice little Hack'n'Slay Game. I like it.

...Get this Game right now as long as it is on Sale because you will otherwise regret it...

Last edited by Sanuku; 09-23-2011 at 04:12 PM.
09-23-2011, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the vid.

Currently learning iMaschine and Garage Band.
09-23-2011, 04:45 PM
Looks good. I'll still wait a bit for it to go on sale for 99 cents.
09-23-2011, 08:37 PM
I managed to grab this at 59p/99c, so looks like I was lucky for once.

I made several purchases on Thursday and subsequently spent 95% of my game-time with Gyro13 (amazingly good!) and Another World/Out of this World. That being said, I did have a short and sharp fifteen minute blast on Lord of Darkness. And you know what? I absolutely loved it..!!

Obviously a quarter of an hour blitz isn't long enough to wholeheartedly make a bullet proof recommendation, but I will say this..

The graphics are fantastic, the 2.5D side-scrolling gameplay is right up my street, and for such a low price of entry, the hack'n slash fighting is epic fun and surprisingly addictive.

But who knows, after a more prolonged session, I guess theres a chanceit could all go south, but right now, I'm delighted to have picked it up.

If I can muster up enough will-power to drag myself away from the utterly sublime Gyro13: Steam Copter Arcade (awful name I know), I'll spend some quality time with LoD and post more detailed impressions.

In the meantime, should it drop back down to 99c, I'd grab it pretty sharpish!

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja

Last edited by Simon Potticary; 09-23-2011 at 08:43 PM.
09-23-2011, 09:40 PM
Nice

Fun game, but it puzzles me why a developer would force you to hold your iPad a certain way. Why not let it auto rotate? This game must not have been tested with head phones, because the plug is in the way of holding it with your left hand. So far that is my only complaint, graphics and sound are very good

Where ever you go, there you are...
----------------------------------------
You had me at universal...
ipad2 & iPhone 5
09-25-2011, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gegoben View Post
...it puzzles me why a developer would force you to hold your iPad a certain way...This game must not have been tested with head phones, because the plug is in the way of holding it with your left hand...
Good point buddy! Yup, that is an inconvenience.

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja