★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: BiCore
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 89.4 MB
  • Version: 1.0.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: [Lord of Darkness] is a 3D action game where the main character which is a dark guardian escapes after getting arrested while infiltrating into Tower of Death. The entire game was implemented as 3D escaping from the 2D stripe method so you can experience more three dimensional and fancy graphics. Youll feel the fun of speedy action just with the combination of direction, attack, roll or skill keys and the strategic but splendid action because the skill provided by each weapon is different. In addition, you can raise characters by purchasing the weapons and armors using the gold acquired through playing the game. You can directly experience the outer appearance and power as equipments get replaced

[Game Features]

Battle System Simple and Clear Battling Method
: You can display powerful consecutive skills and various situations using combo system of attack and roll (evade) or combinations that could be called the basics of action games.

Weapon & Skill System Stylish Action
: A total of 5 weapons including One Handed Sword, Long Sword, Gauntlet, Bomb and GUN are provided. Each weapon has different attack styles and characteristics. You can use 2 skills with each weapon. Each weapon is divided into a skill that has fancy powerful attack power and a support type skill to assist battles. You can equip up to 4 weapons to be used strategically for each stage.

Stage 100!
: The game is made up of 100 stages total as a concept of escaping 100 floors of underground tower. As you go up each floor, the difficulty of game gets increased with different structure or appearing monsters. Moreover, you need a strategic play as powerful boss monsters appear in certain stages.

Arena Mode Unlimited Challenge!
: The Arena Mode of survival type is a mode to clear a total of 25 waves at once under limited conditions. You can acquire secret reward items each time a specific wave zone is cleared and the rare items not provided by this game exist here.

BiCORE Games
- Empire War
- Demon Hunter
- Jewel Battle
- Lord of Darkness

[Contact Us]
bicore@bicore.co.kr
donghoum@bicore.co.kr
lhy7600@bicore.co.kr

goiMot's comments:

09-21-2011, 11:00 PM
Hm... very skeptical about this (developer...)...

Anyone care to share impressions?

09-21-2011, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
Hm... very skeptical about this (developer...)...

Anyone care to share impressions?
no in apps... but still, this company hasn't had a good track record.

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
Fatthunder.com
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder
09-22-2011, 12:02 AM
i dont know i happen to have liked every bi core ive played. i think im gonna try this. actually i know im gonna try this yeah gona do it im gonna. superfluous apostrophe '.

genres are not to be seen as forms of textual codifications, but as systems of orientations, expectations and conventions that circulate between industry, text and subject.
09-22-2011, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrco View Post
no in apps... but still, this company hasn't had a good track record.
Eh... did you actually buy the game or are they just not displayed in the app description? It's common for the app description to not display any IAP for the first few hours or days since it's 'top in app purchases'.

I'm quite sure a company like this will include IAP. Hell, the character upgrade system is screaming for it.

Edit: ah stuff this, the video made me buy it. Will post impressions later.
09-22-2011, 01:10 AM
i just played a few minutes and im finding it to be really fun. i can say, with much confidence, that i at least got 99 cents worth of enjoyment out of the game so far and i probably gonna get about $7.34 more by the time i start to get bored with it

genres are not to be seen as forms of textual codifications, but as systems of orientations, expectations and conventions that circulate between industry, text and subject.
09-22-2011, 01:18 AM
iap is implemented the same way it is in other bi core games. you spend money on "cubits", which is like bi core in-game currency. with that you can get items in the shop. but there a plenty of items you can earn and find so you probably wont feel you need to spend real money on stuff

09-22-2011, 01:37 AM
i hate this dev.

i bought their games and they take it off the store and put on a better free version.

WTF
09-22-2011, 02:02 AM
Hm... I hate to say this, but the game's overall gameplay mechanic is very addicting.

The graphics are rudimentary and looks unpolished, marked by rigid and unsmooth animation. However, the 3D characters and enemies look pretty good and animate nicely when they get hit (a lot). Overall, the graphics while somewhat detailed, is marred by some amateurish animation that still gets the job done nicely.

The gameplay is simply, one of the most enjoyable button mashes with 3D graphics. Mashing the button is SATISFYING. The sound of metal slicing through flesh, enemy recoiling and taking in the pain, the hordes of minions that roam around (more on the 'roaming' later) waiting to be slaughtered... While there's no blood, hacking and slashing through the swam of enemies is very entertaining because you can actively feel the pain you're inflicting. Just when I have lost the sensation of inflicting pain onto others (Destinia almost did it), BiCore revives this excitement in a near flawless method. I can feel sadism running through my veins (thumbs) again.

Now that I've explained why this game is worth getting, I'll reveal all its negativities:
1. Expensive equipment upgrades forces you to grind or die. Healing yourself after battles actually costs money, which isn't that cheap either (luckily, it's a 50% heal for $1500). In the first 3 levels, I'm able to earn ~$10000 (there are 100 levels) so I'm expecting my income to roll faster later in the game.
2. IAP GODDAMMIT!!! 1 dollar for 5 cubics, 3 dollar for 25. Problem is, alternative weapons that you see in the video (everything except the fast sword) costs 5 cubics to use, and that's level 1 weapon. Yes, you have to upgrade them. I so far do not see any free methods to earn cubic.
3. Drunken AI. Those cute little sword fodders that I mentioned earlier have absolutely no sense of your presence. They travel in ALL directions (exclude altitude movements) with the slightest sense of intelligence. They constantly move erratically and in weird directions so your attacks does not reach them. Forcing you to chase them down, only for them to move up or down the 2D plane and evade your attacks. In short, the game can sometimes turn into a chicken chase that severely disrupt combat flow.

That's all I'm going to say. I LOVE the game for its gameplay, but hate it for the 3 negative aspects that I've pointed out.
09-22-2011, 08:45 AM
Ya I tried it. With the exception of being forced to buy health potions an never being able to go back a level it's very fun. This company needs to get around the Iap. The original version of demon hunter actually had cubics drop and they were cheaper to buy as well. Then they pulled it down and put up the crap version.

This isn't bad but I feel pigeon holed into having to buy iap

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
Fatthunder.com
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder