★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Magisteria - Scylla Games

09-22-2011, 08:04 AM
Magisteria - Scylla Games

Here is a video of my upcoming game Magisteria
It is a turn based strategy game with a unique menuless combat system. Battles are fast and fluid, with each character requiring only 1 or 2 taps.
It will arrive on the store within the next couple of weeks and will be free, with in app-purchases for additional teams, maps and functionality.

Game source code for PC, Mac, Linux and iOS here.
09-22-2011, 09:36 AM
Looks awesome but the video is kinda confusing to understand for me

List of Games I've Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @Jdragoon19

09-22-2011, 10:13 AM
U Need testers/

Proud Member Of The Beta Tester Alliance
Tester Of: Age Of Monsters, Pixel Fighters, Infinity Cubed Ninja Pong Mafia Wars Bullet Time Legendary Outlaw Crafted Park EXP Dont run with a plasma sword supersonic
09-22-2011, 10:14 AM
Reminds me of Tactical Warrior

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
09-22-2011, 10:19 AM
Cool - iOS is getting a good handfull of TBS games recently, making me VERY HAPPY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
09-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
Cool - iOS is getting a good handfull of TBS games recently, making me VERY HAPPY.
Yeah, I love TBS games :-D
There really isnt enough of them on the store What others good ones do you know of? I like UniWar and MechoWar

09-22-2011, 10:08 PM
I like the art style and the simple controls. I really like the variety of options for the number of players, maps and terrain.

A few other TBS I can think of are games like are Highborn and Trouble in Tin Town. Still one of my favorite TBS on my iPad has to be Wesnoth, putting well over 100 hours into the campaigns so far.

Favorite mobile RTS: Autumn Dynasty, Amoebattle & Red Conquest
Great TBS/SRPGs: Wesnoth, Battle Academy, Kingturn, Pantheon Cycle, Dungeon Crawlers, SW&E, Viking Lords, Metal Brigade Tactics, Tactical Soldier, Ravenmark, Tactics Maiden and Banner Saga

Last edited by Marcus70; 09-22-2011 at 10:17 PM.
09-23-2011, 02:31 AM
Ah yes, Wesnoth, deserves all the praise it gets

09-23-2011, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus70 View Post
I like the art style and the simple controls. I really like the variety of options for the number of players, maps and terrain.

A few other TBS I can think of are games like are Highborn and Trouble in Tin Town. Still one of my favorite TBS on my iPad has to be Wesnoth, putting well over 100 hours into the campaigns so far.
Wesnoth is just amazing, but I also love Tactical Warrior's short battles And who could forget Great Little War Game's "Look at him skirm!" moments :P

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
09-23-2011, 11:03 PM
Ok, I've played this for a while today and I have some suggestions to improve gameplay

1- Have an option so that the players wizard does not have summon every turn.
2- Allow the player the ability to select which character to move next.
3- Have a zoom function. The units look to small on the iPod (they do look fine on the 2x zoom on the iPad).
4 - Add an undo button for a player movement mistakes.

Also could you release a paid version, with everything unlocked, on the app store in the future?

Favorite mobile RTS: Autumn Dynasty, Amoebattle & Red Conquest
Great TBS/SRPGs: Wesnoth, Battle Academy, Kingturn, Pantheon Cycle, Dungeon Crawlers, SW&E, Viking Lords, Metal Brigade Tactics, Tactical Soldier, Ravenmark, Tactics Maiden and Banner Saga

Last edited by Marcus70; 09-23-2011 at 11:14 PM.