★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Mobigame Games SALE (99c, FREE)

09-22-2011, 01:31 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Mobigame Games SALE (99c, FREE)

Celebrating the latest update of EDGE, Mobigame is having a ONE WEEK Sale:

99c:

Edge
Perfect Cell

FREE:

Truckers Delight: Episode 1
Cross Fingers

Last edited by goiMot; 09-22-2011 at 03:54 PM.
09-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Edge and Perfect Cell for $0.99 each. Do it.

Twitter: @back2this

09-22-2011, 01:37 PM
Nice, had my eye on Perfect Cell for a while now. Should I get Edge if I already have Edge Extended?

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
—Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins—
09-22-2011, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
Nice, had my eye on Perfect Cell for a while now. Should I get Edge if I already have Edge Extended?
Same question I have too. Admittedly, I only got up to ~lev 24 and just stopped playing...

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
09-22-2011, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
Edge is great, but it looks kinda old compared to Edge Extended.

If you do go that route, stop playing Extended and play through the first one, then come back...

All four of these games ROCK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
09-22-2011, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
Edge is great, but it looks kinda old compared to Edge Extended.

If you do go that route, stop playing Extended and play through the first one, then come back...

All four of these games ROCK!
When you say old, do you mean not as sharp as Edge Extended? Or the level design looks old?

It looks like there is an update to Edge today.. With the updated 3D engine, maybe the original Edge won't look so "old"?

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
09-22-2011, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Edge and Perfect Cell for $0.99 each. Do it.
A wise man speaks.

Trucker's Delight is very much unappealing to me, plus it contrasts with their other more elegant, minimalist titles in such an unflattering way, it looks like it came form a completely different company.

The original Edge runs on a 2D engine, but looks a lot like Extended. It's actually quite remarkable when you think of it. There are less neat visual & conceptual tricks than in Extended, but the level design is excellent, and all levels are different from one another.

Has anyone else found it curious that Osmos went on sale at the exact same time as Mobigame's titles? It's a good idea for them to jump on the bandwagon while like-minded gamers are on a buying frenzy, but still I wonder if both studios aren't buddies or somethin'.
09-22-2011, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
When you say old, do you mean not as sharp as Edge Extended? Or the level design looks old?

It looks like there is an update to Edge today.. With the updated 3D engine, maybe the original Edge won't look so "old"?
Mostly the 2D engine looks a lot less smooth than Extended. Levels are fine (though Extended does add some elements, like the black cube.)

I didn't finish Edge the first time around, and went back to it after having played two dozen Extended levels... it's the same, but not, very much like looking at a 4:3 version of a movie after having just watched the enchanced 16:9... a bit of a jump, but you get used to it after a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
09-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghouls'R'us View Post
Has anyone else found it curious that Osmos went on sale at the exact same time as Mobigame's titles? It's a good idea for them to jump on the bandwagon while like-minded gamers are on a buying frenzy, but still I wonder if both studios aren't buddies or somethin'.
It's all got something to do with the Autumnal Equinox or whatever that is
09-22-2011, 03:44 PM
I somehow doubt Mobigame would go through the trouble of upgrading the original Edge to 3D. That would mean rebuilding all levels from scratch, unless they have some sort of voodoo magic I don't know about.

They could instead build a whole new game form the original levels and sell that instead, like some kind of "Deluxe Edition".