★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Car Jack Streets - Update 1.1 Feature Poll

View Poll Results: What update would you most like to see in CJS 1.1?
In game map accessed from the GPS 153 58.85%
Option to NOT pay Frankie every week (with some other penalty than game over) 106 40.77%
Steering Wheel control scheme 111 42.69%
Condo acts as safe house to save last weapon/vehicle 124 47.69%
Carry more than one weapon (or at least not accept a new one if you accidentally collect it) 152 58.46%
Play your own music / respect mute button 68 26.15%
Increase touch area on accelerate/brake and GPS buttons 93 35.77%
Add options to Pause menu 70 26.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll
04-30-2009, 08:11 AM
Car Jack Streets - Update 1.1 Feature Poll

Ok so we are working hard on update 1.1 and there are various opinions as to whether we should certain features and how those should work. It's getting hard to keep track of that in the general thread so please vote for your prefered update feature.

You can choose more than one option but try not to choose more than three - just keep it to the ones you really feel are important.

tweaking the collisions will be a 1.2 job but given some of the above changes I think we'll be on the right track by then!

Thanks
Paul

Latest: Funpark Friends
Coming soon: Car Jack Streets 2
Follow us and all our latest news on Twitter

Last edited by Paul@Tag; 04-30-2009 at 08:16 AM.
04-30-2009, 08:18 AM
I voted for the map simply because I need to know where I am. Personally, I like having to pay Frankie, it makes the game unique and interesting.
The other features I would like from the list are:
Condo safe house
Carry more weapons
Play my own music (or atleast a radio dial)

GameCenter/OpenFeint/Plus+/Agon/Gameloft Live/Xbox LIVE/PSN ID: VoodooVyper

04-30-2009, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Tag View Post
Ok so we are working hard on update 1.1 and there are various opinions as to whether we should certain features and how those should work. It's getting hard to keep track of that in the general thread so please vote for your preferred update feature.

You can choose more than one option but try not to choose more than three - just keep it to the ones you really feel are important.

tweaking the collisions will be a 1.2 job but given some of the above changes I think we'll be on the right track by then!

Thanks
Paul
Paul,

I would recommend that all of these changes are added in either 1.1 or 1.2, but I think CJS is a solid game right now. These additions (along with collision detection) will just make it that much more.....perfect. Well done!

I am the managing editor of nodpad.com.

Sporting an iPod Touch 2 Gen
04-30-2009, 08:39 AM
Fix the driving controls and reduce the price.
04-30-2009, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordplay View Post
Fix the driving controls and reduce the price.

The price is spot on imo...

A Friend In Need Is A Pest

Plus+:PrivateJoker
04-30-2009, 08:46 AM
I ticked everything apart from the 2nd and 3rd last (being the play-own-music and increase touch area)..because I don't really care about that. But while these additions aren't necessary in some respects, it does show the commitment Tag are putting towards CJS and their customers. So good job!

Content Writer for www.vgchartz.com
04-30-2009, 09:38 AM
Paul,

Purchased the game on release and I love it. I dont see what everyone is crying about tbh (apart from random game crashes and vehicle collisions) good job.

I voted for the map, which would be a nice addition although I am already learning my way around.

I voted for the condo safe house because that would just be plain cool being able to save the current weapon/car/game.

Finally I voted for the weapon option. I do have some concerns about this however. Just being able to carry one gun is great because it keeps gameplay very simple i.e. there is no scrolling through guns half way though a shoot out. As someone else mentioned it would be cool if when you drove/ran over a new weapon you had a few seconds to decide whether or not you want to keep the new weapon or stick with the current one.

P.S I think the controls are just fine, maybe the accelerate and reverse could be more sensitive but that it really. I love the auto align feature, makes driving around a breeze.

P.P.S In your other thread you mentioned about unlocking new cars at 100k, 250k and 500k. how does this work? once at those targets will we just see the new cars driving about? will we be told we have unlocked them? Also, would be cool to have them at the condo/safe house

James.

Last edited by Bozza; 04-30-2009 at 09:40 AM.
04-30-2009, 10:08 AM
I voted for the GPS, more weapns.

AND IN-GAME MUSIC!

I havn't bought Car Jack Streets yet, but if the game can play my own music instead of in-game music and still keep the sound effects (like trism, wolfsenstein 3D and other games do) I WILL BUY CAR JACK STREETS!

Having in-game music means a game pretty much never gets old, and that will more than double the value of a game like Car jack Streets (to me)
04-30-2009, 10:11 AM
I want to check off Steering Wheel, but I'll only do that if it's an optional control scheme. Will it be optional, or will it be the only control scheme?

Plus+/OpenFeint Username: gscal
04-30-2009, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gscal View Post
I want to check off Steering Wheel, but I'll only do that if it's an optional control scheme. Will it be optional, or will it be the only control scheme?
Good question. I think that is a great point, and the user should be able to choose the control scheme (as a third option to the current two).

I am the managing editor of nodpad.com.

Sporting an iPod Touch 2 Gen