★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Bug Heroes Quest ($1.99→ FREE)

09-23-2011, 12:56 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Bug Heroes Quest ($1.99→ FREE)

09-23-2011, 01:00 PM
What? BHQ is FREE!

Oh, it's FAAD. Ok. Thanks.

"The previous Dead Trigger thread was the most reported thread in the TouchArcade forum's history." - Eli Hodapp

09-23-2011, 01:56 PM
Good to know I can wait for any Foursaken game to go free soon after release. The only reason I plunked down 99 cents for this on day one was because of a supposed 'early adopter reward' before the price went up.

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.
09-23-2011, 02:03 PM
That was very quick

Drat!
09-23-2011, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caanerud View Post
Good to know I can wait for any Foursaken game to go free soon after release. The only reason I plunked down 99 cents for this on day one was because of a supposed 'early adopter reward' before the price went up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCFields View Post
That was very quick
I'm usually one to complain about developers screwing over early adopters. But this game has been out for 3 months and I feel I've gotten my $.99 out of it.

Now, Warp Dash...which was out for a whopping week for $.99 and then went free with lots of IAPs...that's a completely different story. The early adopters definitely were screwed.

Anyway, if you don't have this, download it! It's great!
09-23-2011, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
I'm usually one to complain about developers screwing over early adopters. But this game has been out for 3 months and I feel I've gotten my $.99 out of it.

Now, Warp Dash...which was out for a whopping week for $.99 and then went free with lots of IAPs...that's a completely different story. The early adopters definitely were screwed.

Anyway, if you don't have this, download it! It's great!
It's been out for 6 weeks..the game went free more than twice as fast as the original Bug Heroes did. NYZ went free in under two months as well. I don't really, but what caanerud says is true.

Twitter: @back2this

Last edited by backtothis; 09-23-2011 at 02:51 PM.
09-23-2011, 03:00 PM
I'm not really complaining. It's just that some companies will make all of their games free soon after release to try to rocket them up the charts, and I now know that Foursaken is one of them. So I'll wait for their games to go free.

The game is good, and well worth more than 99 cents, but it annoys me when companies advertise a reduced launch price and then reduce the price further within a month or two.

EDIT: Also, I download so many games that I've barely touched this game since it launched. This part is my fault :-)

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.

Last edited by caanerud; 09-23-2011 at 03:15 PM.
09-23-2011, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
It's been out for 6 weeks..the game went free more than twice as fast as the original Bug Heroes did. NYZ went free in under two months as well. I don't really, but what caanerud says is true.
You're right. Was at work and wasn't able to pull it up on App Shopper. But it came out August 2nd.

Still, I've had plenty of games that were out just a week or two and either went free or dropped in price that really had me upset and bitter. So I guess I just didn't feel as short changed by this one. But that's just IMO.
09-23-2011, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
You're right. Was at work and wasn't able to pull it up on App Shopper. But it came out August 2nd.

Still, I've had plenty of games that were out just a week or two and either went free or dropped in price that really had me upset and bitter. So I guess I just didn't feel as short changed by this one. But that's just IMO.
Yeah, it was a dollar to begin with anyways when I got it. After a month, it doesn't really feel like anything. Maybe if I had paid $2.99 or more, I'd care a bit. It's the AppStore.

Twitter: @back2this
09-23-2011, 03:34 PM
I really got dissapointed that Bug Heroes went free (with IAP purchases) after I purchased it, so it will pretty much never happen again, considering that this one went free (seems for limited time, compare to Bug Heroes that went free permanently).

So, downloading Bug Heroes Quest while it's free.

Twitter: @azuvidexus