★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Adam Holmes
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 11.4 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: From Holmade Games and Luke Zbihlyj, the team that brought you Hurdle Turtle, comes another classic 8-bit styled arcade fun-fest remastered for iOS devices!

A retro arcade shooter... with a twist! Sworn enemies, Pirate and Ninja, must combine forces to save Pixel World from the invading sprites! Help the unlikely duo fight off simultaneous waves of incoming enemies whilst frantically flipping your device to keep your heroes from getting wiped out!

//Game Features:

- Addictive arcade gameplay!
- Old school 8-bit graphics!
- 2 exciting quests!
- Unlockable hidden secrets!
- 16 levels of frantic shooter action!
- 8-bit chiptune soundtrack by Walz Music!

//Features exclusive to the iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad version:

- Game Center Global Highscores!
- Achievements!
- Intuitive touch controls which flip in real time with the action!
- Some super cool powerups!

Sneeza's comments:
From Holmade Games and Luke Zbihlyj, the team that brought you Hurdle Turtle, comes another classic 8-bit styled arcade fun-fest remastered for iOS devices!

A retro arcade shooter... with a twist! Sworn enemies, Pirate and Ninja, must combine forces to save Pixel World from the invading sprites! Help the unlikely duo fight off simultaneous waves of incoming enemies whilst frantically flipping your device to keep your heroes from getting wiped out!

Features
- Addictive arcade gameplay!
- Old school 8-bit graphics!
- 2 exciting quests!
- Unlockable hidden secrets!
- 16 levels of frantic shooter action!
- 8-bit chiptune soundtrack by Walz Music!
- Game Center Global Highscores!
- Achievements!
- Intuitive touch controls which flip in real time with the action!
- Some super cool powerups!

HD Gameplay Trailer

09-23-2011, 07:54 PM
This looks pretty good. Too bad I only have .51 iTunes credit at the moment or I snatch this one up.

Game Center ID: Snooptalian

09-23-2011, 08:04 PM
Really good looking Pixel Dudes! Will definitely try it out!
09-23-2011, 08:57 PM
For what it's worth, having to flip your device over is a dealbreaker for me here. Do some people really view this as a "feature?"

Additionally, I see no justification for it in the video. Am I missing something? Would this game really be that different with a single character and without the need to flip the screen?
09-24-2011, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
For what it's worth, having to flip your device over is a dealbreaker for me here. Do some people really view this as a "feature?"

Additionally, I see no justification for it in the video. Am I missing something? Would this game really be that different with a single character and without the need to flip the screen?
Well, we see it as a fun and engaging way of utilizing the handheld controls that wouldn't be possible on something like an Xbox.

The idea behind the game is that you're playing on both sides, which is why you have two characters and the screen flipping. On the Xbox version, you press a button and the entire level flips over, but we wanted to do something different with the iOS version. However, we may implement a setting that allows you to use a button to flip the level instead of physically flipping the device in the future.

Check out Hurdle Turtle on the App Store! Or if you're not into retro gaming, then check out my other stuff on my portfolio!
09-24-2011, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneeza View Post
Original Xbox Gameplay (for lack of an iOS gameplay video)
Give me two Hours...
09-24-2011, 06:08 PM
Game Impressions

HD Gameplay Trailer (iPhone):

Note:

First few Minutes of Gameplay.