Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-24-2011, 04:28 AM
iPad

Default Space Junk available for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch

Hi, I am the developer for Space Junk.

Space Junk is a retro styled shooter and loving homage to classic arcade games and classic Sci-Fi, packed with slick graphics, furious action, screen shaking sound effects and plenty of humour.

So, if you fancy a break from puzzle games, then switch your brain off, get your trigger finger ready, and blast your way through 25 levels of fast paced, junk smashing action!

25 levels, 3 bonus levels and 3 difficulty options
Ultra smooth movement, even when the screen is bursting with action
Crisp neon, old school Vector style, fused with modern day arcade feel
Multiple weapon power ups, shield and bonuses
Play in either Portrait or Landscape view

Youtube link | Pop Up

We really hope you guys have a great blast !!!

Last edited by blakespot; 09-24-2011 at 10:13 AM..
Old 09-24-2011, 09:05 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

It looks like a cool take on Asteroids and something one could have played on the old Vectrex system (http://computermuseum.50megs.com/brands/vectrex.htm), downloading now!
Old 09-24-2011, 09:10 AM
iPad

Thanks...we kind of did base the idea around the Vectrex system...

This from the official press release...

"Space Junk is based around an imaginary console, the RetroVex Advanced Games System, which in turn is based on the home consoles of the 80s.

All RetroVex games are rendered in the classic cool retro Vector style, with a bright colourful neon look, on top of deep dark backgrounds.

More games for the RetroVex system are planned for the near future as is support for GameCentre Leaderboards and Achievements.
"
Old 09-24-2011, 09:32 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Michael View Post
Thanks...we kind of did base the idea around the Vectrex system...

This from the official press release...

"Space Junk is based around an imaginary console, the RetroVex Advanced Games System, which in turn is based on the home consoles of the 80s.

All RetroVex games are rendered in the classic cool retro Vector style, with a bright colourful neon look, on top of deep dark backgrounds.

More games for the RetroVex system are planned for the near future as is support for GameCentre Leaderboards and Achievements.
"
WOWZA! If this is only a small sampling of what is in store for us count me down as an instant buyer sight unseen of all of your upcoming games!

It is clearly "yet another asteroids clone" at its core, but the vector models are so detailed and smoothly animated! There are no borders (although there clearly is some sort of limits to the space as things flying far to the left appear back to the right of you) and your character is always in the very center of the screen so there are never any "blind corners" as it were. It's also neat how the different shapes break apart in interesting pieces. Blow Sputnik apart and just look at the crap that comes out! Even cooler is some of the "Asteroids" (although rarely that in this game, but you get my drift) sometimes contain little wrenches that you can snag up for extra points (if you look carefully at the asteroids you can even see which ones will drop these little morsels). The occasionally appearing UFOs are nasty and will invariably require multiple hits to take out! On the nice side, however, is that UFOs always leave a power-up, in the form of a toolbox, in their wake once destroyed! Once you've cleared a level you'll receive bonuses based on your accuracy, number of UFOs you blasted, and the time it took for you to complete the level.

5/5
Old 09-24-2011, 09:36 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

looks nice
Old 09-24-2011, 09:39 AM
iPad

Many thanks glad you like it...please help and spread the word

Ned and I have been working in the video game industry since the late 80's, but this is our first indie game.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:50 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Many thanks glad you like it...please help and spread the word

Ned and I have been working in the video game industry since the late 80's, but this is our first indie game.
You know we're all curious, what are some of the titles Ned and yourself were involved with?
Old 09-24-2011, 09:56 AM
iPad

Ned was lead artist and designer on the Amiga Classic SWIV, I was lead programmer on Alien Trilogy PSone and Forsaken PSone. Ned has worked on many many games since those days...I later co-founded Climax Brighton (Racing) as Technical director and we produced MotoGP Xbox, ATV, Hotwheels and a lot more racing games. Climax Brighton was then bought by Disney and renamed Black Rock studios..just before that I moved to a smallholding in Wales and continued to write games.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:30 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Ned was lead artist and designer on the Amiga Classic SWIV, I was lead programmer on Alien Trilogy PSone and Forsaken PSone. Ned has worked on many many games since those days...I later co-founded Climax Brighton (Racing) as Technical director and we produced MotoGP Xbox, ATV, Hotwheels and a lot more racing games. Climax Brighton was then bought by Disney and renamed Black Rock studios..just before that I moved to a smallholding in Wales and continued to write games.
Thanks, then you guys clearly know your stuff!
Old 09-24-2011, 10:37 AM
iPad

Not really...it just means I'm old - LOL