Amnesia: The Dark Descent for iOS?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by barl, Sep 24, 2011.

1. barl

barl Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Artist, Filmmaker
    Cardiff, UK
    I think that Amnesia would take iOS gaming (iPad in particular) through the stratosphere! I would love the game to be ported to iOS. I have a question though, to people who are less of a novice than I am when it to processing power, is the A4 and / or A5 powerful enough to run a game like this (and at a smooth frame rate)?

2. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    Sadly no, while the graphics are not super advanced (still more than any of the current iDevices can handle, though the could be down-scaled possibly), Amnesia relies on a lot of physics for puzzle solving. This uses a lot of processing power on its own.

I do agree though, movement aside, a lot of Amnesia would have played well with a touch screen. Not sure it would have packed the same punch in terms of terror though.

3. Maslan266

Maslan266 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2017
    I think the game will actually work well on Touchscreen, the graphics are not too heavy, and the game mechanics should fit mobile, especially the iPad, or the 12.9 inch iPad Pro (since it is huge.)

4. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    Can't remember if I tried this one.

5. Asp

Asp Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2017