★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Meteor Mission III out now!

04-30-2009, 10:51 AM
Meteor Mission III out now!

Introducing Meteor Mission III! - App link ($0.99)

Game History:

Meteor Mission III is based on Lunar Rescue, which is an arcade game released by Taito in 1979. It combines elements from Taito's own Space Invaders (and is sometimes listed as a Space Invaders spin-off) with Atari's Lunar Lander.

Game Objective:

The goal is to rescue astronauts who are stranded on the surface at the bottom of the screen. Your mission has two parts: the first is to pilot the spaceship and land it on one of the landing pads at the bottom of the screen. The second part is to carry the rescued astronaut to the space station at the top of the screen. To complicate matters, meteors move constantly through the playing field. You ship will be destroyed if you hit a meteor.

Video of game play:

MM3 developer
04-30-2009, 05:19 PM
I'd like to get some feedback about the game and some recommendations for the first update. If your interested please PM me and I will send you a PROMO code.

Thanks for your help,

MM3 dev

04-30-2009, 05:24 PM
Pfft wow I thought you just posted twice in a row just now, but now I see nobody responded in over 7 hours! Pm sent, I'll give you feedback.

04-30-2009, 05:34 PM
I could do that to if you want ^^ But at least for a feedback on the presentation, i'd recommand that you do a better video so that people can get a better look at it.
04-30-2009, 05:37 PM
Looks like a souped-up Crash Landing. Also, I think the video should be improved. Anyways, thanks for joining, SpaceHunter! I wish every dev would do that...

Plus+/OpenFeint Username: gscal
04-30-2009, 07:45 PM
Thanks guys!

Yes, I agree that I recorded one of the worst videos ever. It will be addressed later though.

I still have promo codes available for those that will leave feedback and/or give suggestions for an update. PM me.

04-30-2009, 07:57 PM
Sorry for the late reply! Here's my impressions and improvements:

Great particle effects
Cool techno-ish sounding music
For the few sound effects there, they have a good quality space sound
Perfect controls, accelerometer and thrusting
Great replay value, online high scoring =D

Laser only shoots like 3 ship sizes away, terrible range.
Astronauts you're saving are HUGE! How do they fit in the ship lol
Asteroids take a crazy beating to destroy

Power ups. If there was power ups, I didn't see any
More ship animations, such as when you're sharply turning, show the ship rotating

What is that alarm sound that goes off after a while?

Overall, it's a really well made game, and congrats for working so hard to make it =D

04-30-2009, 08:22 PM
Excellent feedback "Bat Outta Hell"!

What is that alarm sound that goes off after a while?
LOL! It's a warning that an alien spacecraft or UFO will appear soon.....BEWARE! Actually it replaces the blinking asteroid. These guys get nasty as you progress through the game.

Thanks again for the feedback and suggestions!

For those that are interested in some history of this game check out the original game play of MM2.

I still have a few more promo codes available.
04-30-2009, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by SpaceHunter View Post
For those that are interested in some history of this game check out the original game play of MM2.

I still have a few more promo codes available.
Let me just say I am glad you upgraded the graphics and did not go for the retro look. People must just be tired of these type of games.. but it is fun if you like this type of game. I like accelerometer games more than some though.
04-30-2009, 09:51 PM
Ok so here are my thoughts.

1. Can listen to own music, always a plus.
2. Instruction page is helpful (all except for the abort button thing you should call it pause button or menu button, because abort button makes it sound like it just ends your current game and nothing else.)
3. I was unsure of the tap and hold/ tap controls but they worked really well with the accelerometer to guide.

1. The astronauts are way too big, it just looks silly.
2. The firing range is way too short.

Possible improvements:
1. I think you should be able to shoot on the way down too. Still shooting up but this way you have to shoot them after you pass them.
2. I think if you run into a meteor you should get damage but the meteor should blow up too instead of just staying there.
3. Varying backgrounds would be great.
4. I think it is odd that the ship goes up without thrust since there is no gravity etc. since it is in space. You should come up with a reason as to why that is happening like make mini thruster be going and you just control the boost or something.
5. I too feel there should be power-ups of some sort to make the game more random and varying from time to time.

I will post more as I think of it.

Beta testing:Not currently able to beta test Tested: iPlutoid, Fish Fun, Armor Alley, Underworlds, 33rd DIVISION, Robocalypse: Mobile Mayhem, Earth VS Moon, Cash Machine, Helion, Zenonia, Koala Dartz, iSR, Baseball Slugger: Home Run Race 3D, Crazy Snowboard, Galactic Gunner, Rune Mage, Match3D, Card Ninja, iGangster.