★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: An authentic fantasy RPG for iPhone!

**Pocket Gamer SILVER AWARD**
-This is old skool gaming at its finest. A mix of nostalgia and playability, held together by some excellent modern additions.

A young man and a golem traveling around the world seeking a legendary weapon, one day rescue a girl from an attack by monsters.

The girl tells them she is a royal princess, and that her family has been destroyed in a coup. She says she wants to travel together with them.

But where is the legendary weapon they seek?

This is the start of their journey, and of their intertwined destiny!

- Exciting Story

The quests of the hero ranging across the whole world, a coup in the kingdom these are just some of the many events and interactions which make up this epic story.

There is an amazing outcome waiting for you, too!

- Quirky characters

A whole range of lively, comical and emotional characters make their appearances in the game.

Don't miss their appearances as they fight, each with their own purpose!

- Enjoy flashy battles

The characters use many and various skills.

You can enjoy a variety of flashy and engaging battles.

The controls are simple and easy to learn, too!

- Comfortable playing

If you like simplicity, you'll love the auto-battle system featured in this game.

Everything can be controlled smoothly from the touch screen.

Enjoy comfortable, stress-free play!

- Beautiful graphics

The game features high quality WVGA graphics, and also supports output to a high-definition monitor.

Immerse yourself in the beautifully-rendered world of the game.

- Foster

'I want to be able to increase attack power', 'I like a character with staying power'... if this is how you feel, this game is for you.

You can nurture your character as you like, by allocating points however you want to.

Enjoy fostering your very own character with unique strengths!

[Facebook page(en)]
""Like"" our page to get the latest information!

Dazarath's comments:
I just saw this on AppShopper. Am I crazy to consider trying it out? The screenshots look nice (except in the 3rd one where the world map looks really ghetto). And it's a JRPG.

From what I could gather Googling, there was an Android version, so it might be possible to find some reviews/impressions based on that. And here's a trailer from YouTube:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Pocket Gamer's review on the Android version (Thanks to Gunxsword for the link.)

09-26-2011, 06:10 AM
The game description totally stated pocketgamer gave it an 8/10 review (silver award). How did you miss it

Here's the review. Plz integrate it into your post somewhere.

09-26-2011, 07:22 AM
OUCH? and its not even Thursday yet.....ARGRHHHH i think i might have to hit the buy button...DAMMNIT

TESTING!-Most APPSASIA apps ...if your a dev hit me up and ill help.
09-26-2011, 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
The game description totally stated pocketgamer gave it an 8/10 review (silver award). How did you miss it

Here's the review. Plz integrate it into your post somewhere.
Haha, ok I admit it. I usually just look at the screenshots and skip most of the description. I did see the review while Googling for information about this game, but I was only able to find that plus someone's impressions from another forum.

Last edited by Dazarath; 09-26-2011 at 08:17 AM.
09-26-2011, 08:32 AM
I TOFTTed, have put about 40 mins into it. The map graphics are tiny, the movement animation is rough, and the touch to move controls are not as smart as they should be (pathfinding-wise). HOWEVER, this is a serious effort at a JRPG, with a coherent story, engaging characters, interesting fantasy world, and clearly a ton of content. The job, leveling and combat systems are both deep and easy to use, mosters are visible on the screen (like ChronoTrigger) which makes encounters, for the most part, optional. As the pocketgamer review puts it, the game is both familiar and kind of fresh, particularly for the platform. But it sure ain't a looker.

Is it worth $9.00? In the screwy economy of the AppStore, probably not. Big JRPG fans may want to jump in, anyway, if only to encourage more developers to take on the genre.
09-27-2011, 04:37 PM
Enjoying it

An hour in and I'm really enjoying it. After playing numerous KRPGs on my iPad I was looking for a more traditional JRPG and this certainly delivers. If you're a fan of the early FF games, you'll feel right at home with this.
09-27-2011, 04:46 PM
I beat the first boss yesterday and I'm pretty much hooked. The comparison with early FFs is obvious, but with the addition of a stronger story (the early FFs were weak on that department) and a new take on the job system that feels pretty fresh. Oh, and no random encounters . I should note that the game does have d-pad option -- it's not great, but some may prefer it to the tap controls.
09-27-2011, 04:55 PM
Squarezero what is the job system like?
09-27-2011, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by Arashi541 View Post
Squarezero what is the job system like?
You "wear" a job the way you would wear equipment. The jobs are available as "tablets" that you find as treasure around the world; you can also buy them from vendors. Each one can have up to 1000 experience points, which improve the abilities associated with them. I'm still exploring the system, but it seems very flexible.
09-27-2011, 05:29 PM
why are jrpgs always so needlessly overpriced?