★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Magic Shot- a crazy billiard game

02-16-2015, 02:51 PM
Magic Shot- a crazy billiard game

Hi everyone,

We've been working on a new little game called Magic Shot, which we're hoping to release soonish. We want to share with you a bit about it.

It's a crazy billiard game using the traditional rules of French Billiards where players have to touch both the yellow and red balls with the white cue ball in a single shot. The craziness comes in when the table morphs after each successful shot!

There are over 2,000 levels and different modes like meditative, purity and insanity-

For Meditative mode, there is a city name which changes for every level (as well as the table!)This carries on for 2700 different ones, so if you want to brush up on some place names this should be pretty fun. With some small surprises thrown in.
The aim of Purity is to get as high a score as possible; fewer shots gets more points. Multiply your points in the ‘Ultra’ phase accessed after you fill up the 3 spots on the tracker by playing perfect shots in a row.
Insanity, this is where it gets Insane ! The table changes continually, the clock's counting done and pressure to get the highest score possible.
Magic Shot is inspired by game as Lunar Pool, Arcade, pool, Super Hexagon and Proteus.

We are very proud and excited to have Magic Shot selected for the EGX Rezzed Leftfield Collection! The exhibition will take place the 12th-14th of March at the Tobacco Dock, London - so if you're planning on attending, come and see us

Below are a few screenshots. The mosaic shows 1,000 different tables from the game. If you want to know more and follow the release, we will post things on Twitter @nerial

Last edited by nerial; 02-17-2015 at 08:06 AM.
02-17-2015, 06:57 AM
Hi, hot off the press!- the trailer for Magic Shot:

YouTube: video

Last edited by nerial; 02-17-2015 at 08:10 AM. Reason: problem with link

02-17-2015, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerial View Post
Hi, hot off the press!- the trailer for Magic Shot:
http://youtu.be/bo328cvUquY
Dude, I saw the trailer. Though I liked it, check for the tags so that the video is directly displayed here, Also I can't see the images... Plz chk and all the best

Edited by a mod - As the user has under 20 posts the URL wont appear properly (this is to stop spammers from posting urls)

Last edited by psj3809; 02-17-2015 at 07:31 AM.
02-17-2015, 01:16 PM
Hey thanks for letting us know, I think everything is viewable now. Just need to post a bit more often to fix the URL issue
02-17-2015, 05:05 PM
Looks like a pretty unique concept. Looking forward to trying it out.

Bacon and Games
http://www.baconandgames.com

"Whatever you are, be a good one." - Abraham Lincoln
02-18-2015, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjames View Post
Looks like a pretty unique concept. Looking forward to trying it out.
Hi sean, if you want have a go on the TestFlight, drop me a private message with your email and I'll add you on
02-19-2015, 08:06 PM
Looks really groovy. I can see the Proteus influence with the audio design and neon pastel colors. Man, Proteus is just such a good game. Unfortunately I'll be out of mobile gaming for a while since I just smashed my screen in. Need that tax return to upgrade. I'll keep this page marked til then.
02-21-2015, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodoctors View Post
Looks really groovy. I can see the Proteus influence with the audio design and neon pastel colors. Man, Proteus is just such a good game. Unfortunately I'll be out of mobile gaming for a while since I just smashed my screen in. Need that tax return to upgrade. I'll keep this page marked til then.
Thanks sorry about your phone though, hope it gets fixed soon (a tax rebate is always feels especially sweet though!)
02-21-2015, 04:07 AM
We had some really great new, that I thought I would share with you...

MUSIC UPDATE: We are really excited to announce that Renaud Bédard will be making the music for Magic Shot ! Using the amazing http://littlebits.cc to generate music to compliment and emphasise the gameplay.

Last edited by nerial; 02-21-2015 at 04:32 AM.
02-24-2015, 02:39 PM
Hi, we've been busy our side getting ready for Leftfield. We have a great new poster- hope you like it!

[/IMG]