Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-27-2011, 11:15 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
It's not a fps, and it's really nothing like a Gameloft game, except that it's a game.
Oh let's see, really?

REALLY?

Cough9MM ZOMBIE INFECTION BROTHERS IN ARMS SPLINTER CELL SILENT OPS GANGSTARCough must I go on?

THIS GAME TOPS THE OUTPUT OF EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE GAMELOFT GAMES.

No lie.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:15 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
No lie; "holy f**king shit" is exactly what I'm thinking right now. This puts every Gameloft campaign to shame; hell, it puts Dead Space to campaign. Just finished the intro, and I seriously cannot wait to play more. Unfortunately, I'll be doing work for the next five hours or so and probably won't get to play more until sometime tomorrow. Definitely going to finish this one time before the weekend is over though. This game wasn't just hype. This shit lives up. It lives up. No joke, this is taking iOS gaming to the next level. No exaggeration necessary when I say this puts every Gameloft campaign to shame once again. And oh, the voice acting? Holy shit. The graphics? Holy shit. No framerate problems on the 4th generation iPod. The gameplay even lives up. Both the Samurai games were pretty damn good, but this is taking it ten levels beyond, no joke. There's no hype not being lived up to here. This isn't Infinity Blade kids. Oh, this isn't going to be easy either. The AI isn't worthless trash like in Gameloft's games. But yeah, I'm still hyped up after playing that first level. Good shit. But um, please fix the numerous typos in the intro. What's up with that? Saw at least six of them. Like someone said earlier though, if this gets multiplayer, it's game over. On the iOS, this level hasn't been reached yet no doubt. Shadowgun is setting the standards around here now. I'll pay $9.99 a pop to any developer making games on par with Shadowgun. Shit, man.
I could be wrong here... but I think you're hinting that you maybe like the game?
Old 09-27-2011, 11:16 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacificsun0481 View Post
Oh let's see, really?

REALLY?

Cough9MM ZOMBIE INFECTION BROTHERS IN ARMS SPLINTER CELL SILENT OPS GANGSTARCough must I go on?

THIS GAME TOPS THE OUTPUT OF EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE GAMELOFT GAMES.

No lie.
I seriously don't understand this post. How on earth did you get the impression that I was saying this game was inferior to those? I'm seriously confused.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:16 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
Well then "hear" this, you didn't say generic (I haven't played enough to comment intelligently on that point *hint*), you said like a Gameloft game. It's not. Graphically, it looks nothing like them. There is no guide arrow. I'm interested in how you've determined within an hour of release that it's like a dumbed down Gears.
To me, gameloft is synonymous with generic. You do have a valid point that I haven't had a ton of time to play it...but that point should also hold with every positive impression posted so far. People are hailing it as one of the best ever after a few minutes with it. I'll keep on playing it, and am open to changing my mind, but I just guess I don't think the iPad is very good at mimicking console style games.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:17 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltab View Post
To me, gameloft is synonymous with generic. You do have a valid point that I haven't had a ton of time to play it...but that point should also hold with every positive impression posted so far. I'll keep on playing it, and am open to changing my mind, but I just guess I don't think the iPad is very good at mimicking console style games.
Fair enough.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:17 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdragoon19 View Post
Btw, does anyone else think that the text is blurry? That's my only problem and it is a minor problem because I can still read it.
Is anyone else experiencing this?
Old 09-27-2011, 11:19 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

There are alot of little missing things that are kinda bugging me besides feeling like a slow slug. All games like this have a roll feature or sprint. I miss crouching and clicking to zoom. I'd like a dive to wall command like gears. Who didn't love slamming around walls. So maybe the gameloft mention was just about how the little things are missing like gameloft games which are always missing soul. If those elements could be tweaked like in the sequel it would lead to a more perfect console experience. I still love that I am able to play this game and it's very special. A new standard is hard to achieve and you guys did it.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:19 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Send a message via Skype™ to iVaro

Forty minutes into the game and Im already stuck. Where do you go after you beat the first boss in the second level?
Old 09-27-2011, 11:20 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureSkill View Post
Actually, his problem is that he doesn't know how to aim since there is no aim button.
He is just moving his finger on the fire button to aim like a dual stick.
It doesn't have anything to do with the movement pad.
All I can figure is that maybe he's referring to a control scheme similar to Call of Duty Zombies (on iOS of course)? That does have a pretty good control mechanism in my opinion. For anyone unfamiliar, you move a fire/aim virtual button on the bottom right side of the screen and to fire you tap. If you haven't played CoDZ then it might not make sense but it does work out well. I for one would be happy for a similar control option made available in a future update to Shadowgun.

Anyone else playing this on Hard difficulty and getting their sack handed to them? I can't even get past the part in the first level after you take the elevator. Good stuff.

Glad for a game giving you the option to play on Hard difficulty WITHOUT first having to play through the entire damn game first.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:20 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdragoon19 View Post
Is anyone else experiencing this?
Yes.