Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-27-2011, 11:43 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Shadowgun has dynamic lighting, but it doesn't have dynamic character shadows. But the fact is, most 3DS games don't have them either. I haven't played RE: Mercenaries (because, frankly, the game seemed like a warmed-over rip off at $39), but from what I saw on the reviews the game has low-poly enemies when they're at any distance, poor performance with multiple enemies on screen, and god-awful AI. Until we get the PSP Vita (according to the hype, anyway), handheld gaming is all about compromise. I think Madfinger chose the right things to focus on.
I'm not arguing.

I was talking about the RE: Revelations demo. Those techniques are there and gee golly, it looks mighty fine.

Mercenaries, was a quick cash grab, albeit a fun one I've put 46 hours into so far

But about Shadowgun, he's the prettiest iOS game on the corner. That's a compliment.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:45 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacificsun0481 View Post
The intro seems curiously low resolution as well, almost artifacted...
I believe they do this in games to save space?? I may be wrong though

@Pacificsun: lol getting very deep and philosophical here

I'm downloading now! I'm so stoked. Now I also have to find out what to delete on my ipod.. shoulda got a 64gb
Old 09-27-2011, 11:48 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
I enjoyed this game, I can't wait to really dig into it full steam.

Here's a thought though:

I've been eager for Shadowgun since June. It's finally arrived, yet, I'm barely playing it.

The run up to the release was full of eager anticipation...the desire to savor this joyous experience on my powerful tablet.

But here I sit, critically on the message board neglecting the gem, I've been given by virtue of my income.

Why could this be?

As a gamer, since my formative years, I would play games feverishly and for hours. Adult life, hasn't dented that dynamic any less.

I ponder this thought, going back to my stack of wonderful experiences, left half played and never beaten to the core of their experience - by my articulate fingers, jumping from button to button with eyes transfixed in a stupor or glaze...

Has iOS diminished my hardcore? Ever since, I've become the collector. Buying up an entree of game, to merely chew and never taste the future bites. Leaving heaping leftovers, I'll never eat again.

This ADD gaming complex has me riddled? What's begotten my gaming ways?

Why can I not find the soft spot where I play, play and cherish the play some more?

Is it the addictive rush of the purchase, digitally transmitting for load up, sight see the mere virtual world only to close the tour, multitasking over to the next big thing?

Am I alone?

Madfinger deserves better than my unnerving practice, by virtue, a syndrome of instant gratification.

I really need to finish more games.

Say no more. I understand.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:50 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
I enjoyed this game, I can't wait to really dig into it full steam.

Here's a thought though:

I've been eager for Shadowgun since June. It's finally arrived, yet, I'm barely playing it.

The run up to the release was full of eager anticipation...the desire to savor this joyous experience on my powerful tablet.

Bit here I sit, on the message board neglecting the gem, I've been given by virtue of my income.

Why could this be?

As a gamer, since my formative years, I would play games feverishly and for hours. Adult life, hasn't dented that dynamic any less.

I ponder this thought, going back to my stack of wonderful experiences, left half played and never beaten to the core of their experience - by my articulate fingers, jumping from button to button with eyes transfixed in a stupor or glaze...

Has iOS diminished my hardcore? Ever since, I've become the collector. Buying up an entree of game, to merely chew and never taste the future bites. Leaving heaping leftovers, I'll never eat again.

This ADD gaming complex has me riddled? What's begotten my gaming ways?

Why can I not find the spot where I play, play and cherish the play some more?

Is it the addictive rush of the purchase, digitally transmitting for load up, sight see the virtual world only to close the tour, multitasking over to the next big thing?

Am I alone?

Madfinger deserves better than my unnerving practice, by virtue, a syndrome of instant gratification.

I really need to finish more games.

I am in the same boat as you with the exception that I haven't actually tried Shadowgun yet . It's purchased and on my phone, but I've been to busy reading rather then playing anything.
I too have that ADD sort of gaming complex where I get eager for a game, buy, and try it only to buy anther game and never finish the previous one. For example: Backstab , I've launched it once, never got through the tutorial thing and haven't gone back. World of Goo, Great game but I just can't seem to want to play more of it besides the first 4 levels.
Maybe things will change after the Iphone 5 comes out. I am hoping a bigger screen and a faster processor is what is keeping me from really enjoying IOS games its fullest.
But it's nice to know I'm not alone.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:02 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Just checked my account. The game costs $8.49 and I have $8.56. Is it worth getting for someone who doesn't really like TPS?

So far I have seen only one weapon through the trailer (that I know of). Are there any other weapons?
Old 09-28-2011, 12:04 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekcik View Post
I am in the same boat as you with the exception that I haven't actually tried Shadowgun yet . It's purchased and on my phone, but I've been to busy reading rather then playing anything.
I too have that ADD sort of gaming complex where I get eager for a game, buy, and try it only to buy anther game and never finish the previous one. For example: Backstab , I've launched it once, never got through the tutorial thing and haven't gone back. World of Goo, Great game but I just can't seem to want to play more of it besides the first 4 levels.
Maybe things will change after the Iphone 5 comes out. I am hoping a bigger screen and a faster processor is what is keeping me from really enjoying IOS games its fullest.
But it's nice to know I'm not alone.
We need bigger boat, we're about to sink.

I've got the same problem, I've got chaos rings, galaxy on fire 2, and all three zenonias that I've opened and played the first hour or so then go on to playing others. I've been playing a lot of Jetpack Joyride, mainly because it's easier to pick up and play, wish I would make more time for the other games.

I haven't gotten this game yet mainly because of Jetpack Joyride, update to Fleet Defense and the afore mentioned games. Maybe during Christmas break from college I'll try this one out.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:06 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
There is no aim button. There is a fire button. You swipe the right side of the screen to look/aim. I'm not sure what game you're playing.
Ok let me rephrase it.

The fire button. I cannot aim while I am shooting. Which I can do with every other game of this type. I can swipe to look and aim, but while I am firing I cannot swipe to aim
Old 09-28-2011, 12:09 AM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Make room for another on the boat. I'll definitely sink it if it's not a huge one. Buying and deleting within ten minutes is common practice. Buying and "saving" is creed (for good games). Good thing I don't have a 360/PS3. I have the same problem on the 3DS though. Had the same problem on the PSP until I gave it to my brother. We'll see how my PC/Mac gaming situation goes.

Last edited by backtothis; 09-28-2011 at 12:13 AM..
Old 09-28-2011, 12:11 AM
iPhone 5, OS 4.x

I'm having an issue I'm at the driller part and I pick up the keycard and run to shoot the ignitor then I just die out of nowhere. Probably goon restart the chapter or checkpoint whatever it is.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:14 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakenXXDeadly View Post
Just checked my account. The game costs $8.49 and I have $8.56. Is it worth getting for someone who doesn't really like TPS?

So far I have seen only one weapon through the trailer (that I know of). Are there any other weapons?
It's definitely worth it.

It's by far a great game.

Sure it's a TPS , but it also screams adventure as well.

The game so far, on level 2 has a bunch of little elements:

Hidden items, item hacking, environmental puzzles, and the story is just ripe with awesome.

It's a pretty good game. The cover mechanic is ace too.

You can't go wrong, as it's not controllably clunky in my opinion, like most touch based games.