★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
09-30-2011, 07:00 AM
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshift Nurse View Post
Who the hell makes a shooter with no iron sight? Why no aim-assist option?
are these questions just a joke or it is serious?
09-30-2011, 07:01 AM
Those were rather...anti-climatic endings! I must say I more or less enjoyed the game but I am disappointed at the 'multiple endings' that were promised. With an award winning author on board, I sort of expected a bit more from the script/plot/character development departments even if this is primarily a TPS game.

09-30-2011, 07:22 AM
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Super Earth - Our Home.
Posts: 5,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by violentv View Post
Those were rather...anti-climatic endings! I must say I more or less enjoyed the game but I am disappointed at the 'multiple endings' that were promised. With an award winning author on board, I sort of expected a bit more from the script/plot/character development departments even if this is primarily a TPS game.
There was an award winning author involved with this game? With such a basic story that's kind of hard to beleeve.
09-30-2011, 07:45 AM
Ending

I'll agree that the "multiple endings" Wasserstein a bit of a let down. But I must say that the game in it's entirety was not a let down at all.

I really enjoyed it and will play through again in hard after the update.

I gotta say TA got it wrong in their scathing review.
Just my opinion.

Looking forward to killing all of you, especially you hodapp, in multiplayer Haha
09-30-2011, 07:47 AM
"basically, if you quit the game or are killed at that checkup point, the game restarts with the beam behind you turned on (though you can't see it)."

I wonder if the game has a memory issue so many of the repeated crashes could be avoided for now by removing the most recent apps from the multitasking bar. Just a thought and, of course, memory leaks should be tracked down and plugged at some point.
09-30-2011, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
There was an award winning author involved with this game? With such a basic story that's kind of hard to beleeve.

rofl, isn't it? but..

Quote:

The story is written by award winning author Micah Nathan who has joined the MadFinger team as executive creative consultant for SHADOWGUN.
I guess we shouldn't expect 'Shakespears' in a TPS. lol ..but after watching the well done opening sequence right at the start, I was half expecting a similar cinematic cut scene to make an appearance at the end to wrap up the plot.

Last edited by violentv; 09-30-2011 at 07:52 AM.
09-30-2011, 07:51 AM
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Salem, Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 10,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
There was an award winning author involved with this game? With such a basic story that's kind of hard to beleeve.
The story was simple but the dialog was amusing and sounded natural. Also, John Slade came across as an engaging character, especially in his banter with S.A.R.A. These things might seem easy to do, but they are not, as is clearly evidenced by 90% of video game writing.

But I agree that the ending was something of a letdown...
09-30-2011, 07:54 AM
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Super Earth - Our Home.
Posts: 5,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
The story was simple but the dialog was amusing and sounded natural. Also, John Slade came across as an engaging character, especially in his banter with S.A.R.A. These things might seem easy to do, but they are not, as is clearly evidenced by 90% of video game writing.

But I agree that the ending was something of a letdown...
"Yes, I know I just got shot down by two nuclear missiles, but why should I feel angry or scared because of something like that?" Well Slade certainly doesen't care alot about his life...
09-30-2011, 07:59 AM
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Salem, Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 10,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
"Yes, I know I just got shot down by two nuclear missiles, but why should I feel angry or scared because of something like that?" Well Slade certainly doesen't care alot about his life...
He sounded scared, but his main concern was why SARA screwed up and didn't find the missiles in her initial scan. The reaction is unusual but believable. That tells you something about his character and his relationship with the SARA. For me that's an example of good writing.

Last edited by squarezero; 09-30-2011 at 08:03 AM.
09-30-2011, 08:16 AM
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Brno, Czech Rep.
Posts: 476
Hi there

We just submitted update 1.0.2 to Apple, hope they will approve it soon..

Fixes :

iPad2 crash after 20-30 minutes
Bug in resume game (fix also driller mission)
Some other minor issues..


Also, lets talk about other things. We are now busy with android developer, so any idea could be added to MP

What you are expecting from MP, new features, etc ? It would be really helpful to talk about it