Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #701  
Old 10-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Madman100 Madman100 is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,201
Default

Haha, I'm just saying. Every voice counts whether good or bad. If they're legitimate consumers, I think their votes are worth considering for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #702  
Old 10-01-2011, 06:44 PM
syntheticvoid syntheticvoid is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 12,835
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman100 View Post
Haha, I'm just saying. Every voice counts whether good or bad. If they're legitimate consumers, I think their votes are worth considering for sure.
alright... but if it makes you feel any better... I don't listen to more than half the people here on TA either... generally the same thing, minus a couple handfuls of people...

and in the AppStore, you never know if they're legitimate or not... I've bought many a game based on iTunes reviews that I completely regret wasting my money on...
Reply With Quote
  #703  
Old 10-01-2011, 06:46 PM
Madman100 Madman100 is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
alright... but if it makes you feel any better... I don't listen to more than half the people here on TA either... generally the same thing, minus a couple handfuls of people...

and in the AppStore, you never know if they're legitimate or not... I've bought many a game based on iTunes reviews that I completely regret wasting my money on...
You accusing this developer of false reviews?
Reply With Quote
  #704  
Old 10-01-2011, 06:47 PM
syntheticvoid syntheticvoid is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 12,835
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman100 View Post
You accusing this developer of false reviews?
did I say that?

Earlier in the thread, I was defending Madfinger because of how responsive they are...

yup... done with this
Reply With Quote
  #705  
Old 10-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Madman100 Madman100 is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
did I say that?
Not exactly but you implied that most reviews are not worth considering, reason being because you don't know if they're fake.
Reply With Quote
  #706  
Old 10-01-2011, 06:55 PM
New England Gamer's Avatar
New England Gamer New England Gamer is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,993
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman100 View Post
Not exactly but you implied that most reviews are not worth considering, reason being because you don't know if they're fake.
I didn't read him making a blanket statement about that. And it IS true that you never know what motivates an iTunes review - is it a free code, is it an idiot consumer, is it a friend, is it legit? YOU NEVER KNOW. (notice I have examples of both positive AND negative reviews there?) That is all he said.

Now let's drop the "are iTunes reviews legit" debate and get back on topic.

Last edited by New England Gamer; 10-01-2011 at 06:58 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #707  
Old 10-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Madman100 Madman100 is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,201
Default

Notice in my post the word "implied" and how I never used the term "blanket statement." I love how the topic was conveniently ended with you arguing your view. But yes, let's end the "are iTunes reviews worth considering" topic.
Reply With Quote
  #708  
Old 10-01-2011, 07:12 PM
New England Gamer's Avatar
New England Gamer New England Gamer is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,993
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman100 View Post
Notice in my post the word "implied" and how I never used the term "blanket statement." I love how the topic was conveniently ended with you arguing your view. But yes, let's end the "are iTunes reviews worth considering" topic.
The topic is off topic in THIS thread -- feel free to create your own new thread to discuss it if you wish. It would probably be interesting to see what people think.
Reply With Quote
  #709  
Old 10-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Madman100 Madman100 is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,201
Default

Ha! No thanks. Besides, we were discussing this game specifically (or so I thought..).
Reply With Quote
  #710  
Old 10-01-2011, 07:31 PM
madebymadison madebymadison is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 356
Default

I don't want to get 'in' on the complaining but after a crash my iPad2 went black and it would not start up anymore. I SERIOUSLY had to restore it. I buy a ton of games and most of them are fan-tas-tic. I love my iPad and even this game. But it has too many bugs. It should not have been released yet. With the bugs solved: tis would be breathtaking.

So please dont act like a bunch of 13 year olds by saying 'I want to get in on the complaining' I'm 37. Not 13.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent