★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Take on the role as Jack Venture on a treasure hunt gone awry. Trapped inside a pyramid you must find your way out and along the way collect its hidden treasures. But be wary of the dangers lurking in the darkness. Only the most hardy treasure hunter will manage to find all the treasures and make it out alive.

Jack Venture is a Old School Action Platformer where you take on the role as Jack Venture who is trapped inside a dangerous pyramid after a disastrous treasure hunt. Find your way out of the pyramid and collect as much treasures as you can while avoiding traps and other dangers.

The Game consist of 10 levels with over 40 rooms to explore. Hidden in every level is 50 gold coins and 3 Ankhs.

The Art, music and sound is inspired by the 8- and 16- bit era of video games.

-:Controls:-
Set 1
-Tilt to move left and right.
-Touch buttons to jump and shoot.
Set 2
-Touch buttons to move left and right.
-Touch buttons to jump and shoot.

Agas's comments:

Demo: http://mandibol.com/games/jack-venture
09-27-2011, 11:50 PM
Maybe, we'll see after tomorrow.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80

10-17-2011, 07:43 AM
Now on sale. Anybody got this?

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
10-17-2011, 07:47 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Ha, not with tilt controls...

Devs really should take the time to see what control options work and what options completely do not.
10-17-2011, 07:50 AM
Think i may get this, played the demo on his website. Controls seem alright as its left/right as well as tilt

Then i saw the dreaded words 'gamesalad' which does put me off games (Bought a fair few gamesalad ones in the past) but i must admit this one does look great, plays well.

Only issues for me were sometimes there was no noise if i picked up some gold, dont get why i can exit every level whenever i want, thought i would have to get x gold before i could

I'll pick this up later, a decent retro style platform game (judging by the demo on his website)
10-17-2011, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post

Devs really should take the time to see what control options work and what options completely do not.
The description indicates or at least hints at some kind of button control now as well. I originally dismissed it as tilt only so forget it.

But this is going to be a big week, so probably going to hold off anyway.
10-17-2011, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post

According to the description, the game also has touch controls. I'll check it out -- will report early impressions in a bit.
10-17-2011, 07:56 AM
Bought the full version and had a quick go. Changed the controls from tilt to touch.

I like it, some nice levels, bit like mario land where you can get the coins or just find the exit and leave. Bit of variation so far with 'indiana jones-ish' whirling blades to avoid, mummies as well. Graphics are nice, seem to be a lot of levels, only played the first 6 or so rooms. (40 in total apparently)

Controls work well, music sounds an old 8 bit type tune. Keys are responsive. Like i say i've bought Gamesalad games before and theyre pretty poor, but this one is the best gamesalad game i've bought (the others i've de installed a few days later).

If you want a nice retro style platform game then this one appears to be very good. Also have a gun to shoot mummies etc. For 69p i'm very happy with it, hope to see more Gamesalad platformers of the same quality as this one. Good purchase.
10-17-2011, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Bought the full version and had a quick go. Changed the controls from tilt to touch.

I like it, some nice levels, bit like mario land where you can get the coins or just find the exit and leave. Bit of variation so far with 'indiana jones-ish' whirling blades to avoid, mummies as well. Graphics are nice, seem to be a lot of levels, only played the first 6 or so rooms. (40 in total apparently)

Controls work well, music sounds an old 8 bit type tune. Keys are responsive. Like i say i've bought Gamesalad games before and theyre pretty poor, but this one is the best gamesalad game i've bought (the others i've de installed a few days later).

If you want a nice retro style platform game then this one appears to be very good. Also have a gun to shoot mummies etc. For 69p i'm very happy with it, hope to see more Gamesalad platformers of the same quality as this one. Good purchase.
Agreed -- best Gamesalad game I've ever bought, period. I should note that there is no GameSalad logo anywhere that I can find, perhaps there's now a "professional" level version. In any event, I wouldn't have known that it was GS if it hadn't been mentioned on this thread. Framerate is good, the physics are on par with those of familiar platformers.

It should be stressed that the game is truly old-school. Anyone expecting the level of action and SFX of an SNES platformer will be disappointed. It reminds me of the old Mac classic Dark Castle, which brings a smile to my face but may leave you cold . The first two levels are pretty long, broken up into smaller rooms, with secret passages that encourage replay. So far the variety and difficulty is building up, but don't expect much of a challenge on the first two levels.

All in all, a very decent .99 purchase.
10-17-2011, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Agreed -- best Gamesalad game I've ever bought, period. I should note that there is no GameSalad logo anywhere that I can find, perhaps there's now a "professional" level version. In any event, I wouldn't have known that it was GS if it hadn't been mentioned on this thread. Framerate is good, the physics are on par with those of familiar platformers
Good point. I only said Gamesalad as it mentioned it on the video on their website. Nice little platformer, again reason 2342342 why i love iOS gaming, you get the odd surprise like this before release wednesday!