★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Help the Little Boy and his teammates to find the Mystical Gem!
Guide your team through different ruins by fighting many different types of enemy monsters.
Earn power and equipment by defeating the enemies. Upgrade defenses, learn more skills, will take you closer and closer to the Mystical Gem!

* Use our easy tap and drag controls to maneuver the Little Boy and his teammates.
* Four unique characters each have their own weapons.
* Each character has three possible weapons to master.
* Over 140 different skills. For example, exchange power with your enemies, turn enemies into teammates, use special towers to attack your enemies, or deflect your enemy attacks, etc.
* Over 70 different types of equipment help you gain equipment to strengthen your forces!
* 5 main ruins, with 10 sub-levels each to play. Each ruin has its own appearance and different types of enemies waiting for you.
* Our one of a kind Synthesis mode allows you to partner with your friends to create new equipment by merging your existing equipment with your friends. Each new equipment will have its own combination of power. Synthesis can be activated through GameCenter or via Bluetooth. New equipment will make your forces stronger and better prepared to fight the enemy monsters.
* Challenge yourself in endless mode. Post your results in GameCenter and see your name rise to the top!
* Vivid characters, detailed monsters, and imaginative special effects and smooth animations all come to life on the retina display.

Game Video:

Note: Mystical Gem DO NOT support iPhone2G, iPhone3G, iPod Touch1, iPod Touch2.

Agas's comments:

09-28-2011, 12:42 AM
looks like a 3d version of battle heart. but very interesting.. hopefully someone will give some impressions on it?

09-28-2011, 12:52 AM
I`ll report back as soon as i have played it longer then 5.Minutes.
09-28-2011, 01:16 AM
Will there an HD Version or Universal? soon?
09-28-2011, 05:36 AM
Saw this after i grabbed shadowgun last night ...instabuy....will play larter...hoping for the best...looks epic as hell

TESTING!-Most APPSASIA apps ...if your a dev hit me up and ill help.
09-28-2011, 10:40 AM
Tested the first 5 stages, and enjoyed the game so far. While it obviously shares a lot in common with battleheart, I feel the biggest difference is battleheart is more strategy and this game is more RPG.

And since this game is free INSTABUY this now. A lot of fun.
09-28-2011, 10:51 AM
I've just played the first five levels. It doesn't feel as polished as battleheart.

I loved battleheart because it feels liken wow without sucky party members. This game to me feels like wow with lousy pick up players. Dps is constantly pulling aggro from tank, game mechanics are sketchy, and the pace feels a lot slower.

CG: celeric
09-28-2011, 11:47 AM
I just picked up this up since it went free, and I would basically sum up the game as Battleheart + 3D graphics - all the polish. What's odd is that some parts of the game, like the menus, look so nice, but it's almost like they forgot to polish the gameplay itself while designing them. Anyone who's played BH will pick up the controls right away. You drag from a character to a target to make them attack/heal, and you have skills that on CDs which you tap to cast. The skill tree layout is basically the same too, with each tier offering 1 or 2 options to choose from.

Your party eventually consists of 4 characters: a medic, knight, gunner, and wizard. After you clear the first map, each of these 4 characters can swap weapons (class change), so you end up with a total of 8 classes (12 if you want to purchase the IAPs). Unfortunately, even though that sounds like a lot of characters, the skill trees really lack diversity.

One of the first things I noticed was that the game feels like it was built more for a freemium model. This was reinforced by the fact that they pulled the common, but shady tactic of releasing it at $3 to grab a few sales, and then immediately dropping it to free. The fact that you earn RP (gold) at a pretty slow rate with a 3000 RP package for $1 doesn't help.

There are lots of small issues with the battles, that while individually may not be too big of a deal, but combined they really reduce the fun of the game. The aggro mechanics are just broken as hell, with monsters often dancing back and forth between your ranged characters because they can't decide who to attack, even though the knight is wailing on them. Selecting/targeting characters is way more difficult than it should be. The battles are the same damn thing over and over. Like in one battle, it might be 5 enemies, and then in the next it'll be the same 5 plus one additional one.

I'm still having fun playing the game for now, but I don't see MG as even comparable to a game like BH. Heck, I'm not even sure if it'll hold a long term spot on my iPhone. But given that it's currently free, I'd say download it and give it a try if you're a BH fan. You can always just play it for a bit and delete it later if you want.

Last edited by Dazarath; 09-28-2011 at 12:09 PM.