★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Yezh Studio
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 26.1 MB
  • Version: 1.0.0
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 1 (1)
App description: Game Description:
Science fiction art style, romantic charm of galactic nebula, tough fighting of madness, this is the STAR DEFENSE MISSION, a super classical real-time defense game. You will meet machine army in flood. Defense! This is not about the amount of the enemies, it all depends on your intelligence. Thats right! You are the key of this battle, you can defeat all enemies only by utilizing all energy sources, terrains, and your most important technologies. Guard your crystals, they are the hope of your victory, the source of your strength. Come on, believe in yourself, and beat the evil Sinu with your homeland.

Product Introduction:
STAR DEFENSE MISSION is an interstellar real-time defense game with strategy elements. The player must control turrets of three attributes to defense intruders. Each kind of tower could be upgraded in the game. Each type of tower has its own skill. Skill upgrading could greatly increased greatly power, speed and other defensive abilities. Except for conquering atrocious enemy and troublesome terrain, the most important thing in the game is to protect your crystals.

Features:
1.Various cool defensive turrets, each turret has 9 levels and 5 variations.
2.Nice operating performance, besides defense, powerful nuclear bombing shall not be underestimated.
3.There are 3 different types of skills for your selection. Each type of turret has 7 different skills for your choice.
4.15 battle terrains, 10 different tricky enemies, everything is testing your will.
5.Save your progress automatically. Theres no need to worry that your hard work will be in vain.

huhudage's comments:

Game Description:
Science fiction art style, romantic charm of galactic nebula, tough fighting of madness, this is the STAR DEFENSE MISSION, a super classical real-time defense game. You will meet machine army in flood. Defense! This is not about the amount of the enemies, it all depends on your intelligence. That’s right! You are the key of this battle, you can defeat all enemies only by utilizing all energy sources, terrains, and your most important technologies. Guard your crystals, they are the hope of your victory, the source of your strength. Come on, believe in yourself, and beat the evil Sinu with your homeland.
Product Introduction:
STAR DEFENSE MISSION is an interstellar real-time defense game with strategy elements. The player must control turrets of three attributes to defense intruders. Each kind of tower could be upgraded in the game. Each type of tower has its own skill. Skill upgrading could greatly increased greatly power, speed and other defensive abilities. Except for conquering atrocious enemy and troublesome terrain, the most important thing in the game is to protect your crystals.
Features:

1.Various cool defensive turrets, each turret has 9 levels and 5 variations.
2.Nice operating performance, besides defense, powerful nuclear bombing shall not be underestimated.
3.There are 3 different types of skills for your selection. Each type of turret has 10 different skills for your choice.
4.30 battle terrains, 10 different tricky enemies, everything is testing your will.
5.Save your progress automatically. There’s no need to worry that your hard work will be in vain.
09-28-2011, 05:00 AM
Hmm, looks good. Post a video of gameplay.

09-28-2011, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
Hmm, looks good. Post a video of gameplay.
OK.I'll try to upload a video later.Thanks.
09-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Well I"ve had a chance to play through the first 5 levels and I am pretty impressed so far. There appear to be 30 levels to unlock and a good sized skill tree with 10 skills for each of the three tower types equaling 30 total skills, some skills can be upgraded multiple times while others can only be upgraded once. You gain skill points by leveling up from gaining experience from playing levels, you gain experience regardless if you beat the level or lose, the amount of experience you gain varies obviously.

There are only three tower types but there are variations to choose from as you build up your towers on the field. Towers can only be built in areas of the same color as the tower(green, red, or blue), there are also special areas that grant you a larger attack area or quicker energy regeneration(more on this later). Towers can also only be built on an area of the same color if that area is active, each level you will be given a set number of areas that are already active so all you have to do is build. Other areas have to be activated by spending energy that you aqcuire over time or by sending waves early or from special areas as I mentioned earlier.

Energy can also be used for a missle attack that will kill a group of enemies or for a temporary power boost for some of your towers. Other than that you gain crystals by killing enemies and use them to build towers and upgrade them. The only thing missing is an endless mode and any kind of difficulty settings.

Last edited by ojtitus; 09-28-2011 at 02:27 PM.
09-28-2011, 06:08 PM
Impressions from the first 5 levels:
A nice looking TD game. The menus/interface as well as the levels look lovely, very polished, apart from a few minor spelling and grammar mistakes.

You start with 6 crystals, if the enemies manage to reach them they will pick them up and carry them back the way they came, if they manage to steal them all you loose the level (but still gain a little xp, like ojtitus says). If killed when carrying a crystal they drop it and another enemy can pick it up, and there does not appear to be a way of returning dropped crystals back to your base.

The skill tree is a nice feature, and as well as getting skill points from levelling up you also get them from gaining achievements of which there is quite a range.

I quite like the level design and the restrictions on where you can build each type of tower, it makes things a bit more interesting. Once you have unlocked the relevant skills, each tower can be upgraded in various ways like ojtitus says, but there are not any details on what each tower actually does.

I'd like to see more details about each tower and its upgrades viewable in game eg damage, number of projectiles, any special effects etc. But even without that, this still seems like a good TD game, from what I've seen so far I'd recommend it.
09-28-2011, 08:16 PM
aha...The crystals will return to base automatically if you learn a skill which named Return Base in the third skill branch,this is a very useful skill...
09-29-2011, 08:59 AM
Very nice!

Funny that the other new td (Jelly) gets so much attention. This one is far better in my opinion.
09-29-2011, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blastemup View Post
Funny that the other new td (Jelly) gets so much attention. This one is far better in my opinion.
The wonders a simple video presentation can make...
09-29-2011, 01:18 PM
Quote:
I've played Jelly and I highly doubt this, but you definitely piqued my interest.

www.theageofknights.com

Game Center ID: NoThru22
09-29-2011, 01:46 PM
Quote:
I agree.

huhudage, thank you, I've found the return base skill now. I quite like how the skill tree is hidden until you unlock previous skills, it's fun to discover the hidden skills.

Would it be possible for you to list what the different towers do? For example, I have unlocked the green tower upgrade skill meaning I have a choice of two upgrades, but I can't work out the difference between the two.