★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Mystical Gem is FREE! (2.99 > FREE)

09-28-2011, 06:07 AM
Mystical Gem is FREE! (2.99 > FREE)

Call it a (day after) opening sale; this brand new release should be easy enough to check out now.
09-28-2011, 06:59 AM
Anyone tried it? Kind of saving up room for bigger releases(Fifa, etc.)...

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
09-28-2011, 07:49 AM
I'll try it out, but I get the feeling that this was always planned to be a freemium game, and they were just hoping to sucker a few purchases at $3. That kind of shady crap happens all the time on the App Store.
09-28-2011, 07:59 AM
I tried it briefly. Not really my favorite style of game, and I'll stick with Battleheart thank-you-very-much.

It did seem pretty unforgiving right off the bat. I didn't investigate the IAPs on offer but I assume that they will 'encourage' the player to buy stuff with real money so they don't fail constantly.

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.