Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-21-2011, 08:38 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcharlie View Post
I must admit I was pretty shocked when I discovered I could no longer play any of the levels I had unlocked and had to basically start all over. Does not seem like much a reward for gold starring all the levels and will hopefully be addressed in a future update. I doubt I am alone in thinking this is poor way to implement a higher difficulty.
Well at least there is a kind of symmetry.

Presumably would be better to allow selectable difficulty levels and simply unlock the higher option when you complete it on normal.

Last edited by WarpSpawn; 10-21-2011 at 08:43 AM..
Old 10-21-2011, 01:50 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturID View Post
Itís definitely worth to consider. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Every feedback is valuable addition to our game in future.
Please consider icloud support for ios5 and sync savegames accross iphone ipad...
Old 10-21-2011, 02:52 PM
iPad Air

Quote:
Guys, itís only an option. It doesnít force you to finish the levels on easy difficulty. It gives you the chance to beat the level on normal difficulty. We could discuss if 3 or 5 or 10 tries are better than 1 or 2. Everybody have it own point of view but thank you for sharing your thoughts. We think it was a good move, now you have the chance to finish the difficult levels.
You seem to have missed the point. It's not that we don't want to be forced to play on easy mode, it's that we want the option to SELECT easy mode manually. In my case, it's to allow my 7-year old son to play what has become his new favorite/most hated game. New favorite because it is a true gem with tons of personality. Most hated because it's too difficult for him.

You can argue all you want about why you decided to implement the easy mode the way you did. What I would like to know, however, is why you can't also add it as a setting; ya know, the way the rest of the world does it.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:21 PM

Quote:
You can argue all you want about why you decided to implement the easy mode the way you did. What I would like to know, however, is why you can't also add it as a setting; ya know, the way the rest of the world does it.
because he's George Lucas, and he says Han shot first.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:11 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubisububi View Post
What I would like to know, however, is why you can't also add it as a setting; ya know, the way the rest of the world does it.
We are gathering feedback and anything is possible, also a setting option. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We will inform about next update shortly.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:31 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Not sure how others feel about this but I have a suggestion with regard to balancing the tower types.

Basically, some towers like the red area damage one have a very short range and, if I remember right, do not increase range with level either. Now when this is combined with the fact that the paths can be quite wide and the route followed not immediately clear, it can be hard to predict where will be an effective place to position them. The relatively limited locations for towers can also force them quite a way back, so that they have no chance of covering a decent portion of the path and the enemies may waltz past out of range. I realise limiting range is a valid tactic for balancing in just about any game of this type, but in most you can at least be certain that a tower right next to the path will get a shot or two. Unless I am mistaken, this does not seem to be the case here, however.

So I would suggest that either the range increase in general, or at least with level. Even if at the expense of damage caused, though some are quite expensive already so a price increase would not be so welcome.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:07 AM
iPad Air

Quote:
We are gathering feedback and anything is possible, also a setting option. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We will inform about next update shortly.
Thanks for listening. One last point on this topic...

Without an actual setting there is no way to know for sure if easy mode is enabled or not; nor is there a way to turn it off.

I regret my previous post's snippy tone, however. This game is an incredible value and has earned a place on the second screen of my iPad (no mean feat).
Old 10-24-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
So I would suggest that either the range increase in general, or at least with level.
or have creeps always travel in the middle of the path, thus making exposures somewhat predictable.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:56 PM
iPad Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceman360 View Post
or have creeps always travel in the middle of the path, thus making exposures somewhat predictable.
Graphically, I really like how they scamper all over the path, though. It adds a great deal of personality to the game. My vote would be to increase the range of the towers rather than lose the game's organic. living feel.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:36 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Thank you guys for your suggestions and tips for game balance. Everything will be considered by dev team. Personally I agree, red cannon could have more range with the each upgrade.

Last edited by ArturID; 10-25-2011 at 08:40 AM..