★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Idyllic (Universal app by FATCOW GAMES)

09-28-2011, 12:18 PM
Idyllic (Universal app by FATCOW GAMES)

Bringing depth to the stale casual gaming

Idyllic attempts to bring depth to the casual gaming genre to the platform, jumping and side-scrolling games out there. It offers monsters, upgradeable powers, shop, coin collecting, mini boss and so on.

If you enjoyed games like chopter, doodle jumper, icy tower and so on which inspired this game then you are sure to realize that this game offers so much more depth then it┤s similar competitors.

Review Score

iFanzine score: 4,5/5
AppScore Score: 8/10
NRK Filmpolitiet: 4/6
Appspy: 4/5
Thesmartphonereview: 70/100
Appshack: 9/10

Community Rating so far 5 STARS!

What we are requesting is not necessary that you buy the game for the games sake, but for the sake of our companies future, the people who work day and night to take risks, be innovative and genuinely take care of the community. The vision we have to create bigger, better and more unique games but we need YOUR help to get that far...

Do you sleep? Eat? Drink? Work? Save money? It is all an investment to your health, survival and future plans. Idyllic is our game and we ask that you invest 1,99$ so we may worker harder for YOU! We strive to make YOU happy and we work hard to design, develop and improve our product and services for YOU!

Features

Addictive Gameplay
Simple & Fun Controls
Stunning Graphic & Awesome Music
Unlockable Powers & Upgradeable Abilities
Monsters & Mini Boss
Changing Graphic & Music
Infinite gameplay
Resource Management Mechanic
Game Center

Community says

"I am really liking the game so far. It is a bit difficult but keeps the player engaged and wanting to play again and again. The game center function works well and I like the upgrades. "

"I find the game a nice concept, diffent from what I expected with nice graphics and gameplay. Nice game. Simple to pick up and good to fill times."

Player Spotlight (September)

DonĘt listen to us or the media, listen to the people who are enjoying the game, read more here.

Next Versions

Patch 1.2 will mostly contain small graphical improvements, sound, animation and bug fixes. But we plan on making the early part of the game easier, as it is quite difficult or slow paced as the moment.
So if you do buy the game and support the ongoing improvement, just know that the game is slow in the early phases and might feel boring at the start.

I will leave you all with a final thought...

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." Winston Churchill

Thank you for your time and understanding!

Buy it - Rate it - Enjoy it - Share it
Game Info: http://www.idyllic.fatcowgames.net
Direct App link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/idyllic!/id445869482?mt=8

09-28-2011, 12:28 PM
For a 1.99 investment you will see a huge return
Nice job FatCow Games..can't wait to see how this great game evolves!

I like to test iOS games..@Doomfan on twitter..say hi to me

09-28-2011, 12:38 PM
To find it being this simple with a constantly jumping guy and awfull tilt was such a downer. The game seemed so great. Maybe it is, but I ended up deleting after ten minutes.
09-28-2011, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leegames View Post
To find it being this simple with a constantly jumping guy and awfull tilt was such a downer. The game seemed so great. Maybe it is, but I ended up deleting after ten minutes.
Thanks for your feedback. We are aware that some players generally dislike tilt, have trouble playing games with tilt or simply didn't play long enough to get the feel for things.

You might be happy to know that we plan on adding sensitivity control and analog stick for your gaming pleasure. We request that you either try the learning curve of the tilt controls current sensitivity or wait for the future patch.

Thank you for your valuable opinion!
09-28-2011, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcowgames View Post
Thanks for your feedback. We are aware that some players generally dislike tilt, have trouble playing games with tilt or simply didn't play long enough to get the feel for things.

You might be happy to know that we plan on adding sensitivity control and analog stick for your gaming pleasure. We request that you either try the learning curve of the tilt controls current sensitivity or wait for the future patch.

Thank you for your valuable opinion!
Great news! I'll wait for that then as the rest of the package seems really nice.
Thanks for the kind reply.

Last edited by Leegames; 09-28-2011 at 02:23 PM.
09-28-2011, 02:36 PM
There was already a thread for this game!

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=107781

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.
09-28-2011, 04:49 PM
I love this game!! it brings a uniquness to jumping games Im reviewing it for pocketfullofapps.com and http://theifanatic.tumblr.com (my blog)
09-28-2011, 05:06 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
this game looks awesome! can't wait to pick it up. =oD
09-28-2011, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
this game looks awesome! can't wait to pick it up. =oD
It's been out for a week already!

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.
09-28-2011, 07:38 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
It's been out for a week already!
i know... but I didn't see it until a couple days ago... and I only had enough to pick up Shadowgun... =oP