★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: World War 2 tactical wargaming arrives on your iPad!

Move It, Soldier!
Fight, move forward, reach the objective and survive in random battlefields in the Normandy countryside in the summer and fall of 1944 in this exciting 2-4 player game of WW2 combat for your iPad.

Assume the role of a British or American infantryman. Balance risk by accepting more orders and risking enemy fire, or move cautiously to reach the objective ahead of the other players. Try to balance the desire to rush forward by accepting more orders, or taking a slower, cautious approach to victory.

The choice is yours, soldier.

2-4 players in pass-and-play mode. 4 distinct difficulty levels.Each game features randomly generated Normandy terrain. Random battlefield events that can benefit or thwart the player's advance. Great artwork. Immersive WW2 battlefield sounds and patriotic music score. Simple, easy-to-learn, card-driven order and movement mechanics combined with challenging gameplay.

Are you up for the challenge, soldier?

ojtitus's comments:

Interesting looking card game, I might have to give it a try.

Edit: Maybe not, I didn't realize it doesn't have a single player game.
09-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Been waiting for this one! Pretty sure there's single player, as the description says four distinct difficulty levels. Only way to know for sure though...back shortly...

09-28-2011, 06:01 PM
yeah let me know if it has single player, also to the dev any plans for mp when ios 5 hits? I saw the thread on this awhile back on BGG and it looks really cool, I just have no one to play with locally so with no sp or no future plans for mp it would be a waste for me personally
09-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Nope, no single player. The way it plays it isn't too big of a deal to play against yourself, as there's nothing to hide from the other player. Interesting game mechanic which is rather simple, but works pretty well as a casual pass and play game.

I only played one game, but there are a number of issues I have with it...
No screen flip.
No naming of players.
No way to exit the game screen to the main menu that I can see, except to kill the task.
At the end of my game it simply stayed on the game screen, and I had to kill the task.
The UI elements don't really match with the card art.

The good...
I like the music and sound effects
Artwork is quite good IMO
Gameplay is good, and might be very good with more people in a P&P environment.

With some more work, polish and single player it might be very good, but right now I don't really recommend it.
09-28-2011, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the info farmer Harv, guess I'll hang back and see if this gets sp or mp in ios5
09-28-2011, 09:15 PM
What other card game does this most resemble?

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
09-29-2011, 10:31 PM
This is my first card type game, so I can't make any comparisons unfortunately.

Tried another game tonight, and once again I don't see how to get back to the main menu. Having to snuff the process seems like the wrong way to do it though...

Last edited by Farmer Harv; 09-29-2011 at 10:35 PM.
10-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Hate to pound on this, but I've been trying 3 and 4 player games and they will simply lock up at random intervals and require a task kill. Truly mind boggling how this could have made it through even the most rudimentary testing, as it's simply unplayable in its current state. Sad really.