★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Tio Atum
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 8.7 MB
  • Version: 1.1.6
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (3)
App description: SUPER BIT BASH is retro dashing and jumping game with intuitive touch controls! Relive the NES and SNES gaming days with this classic platformer!

------------------------------------

SWIPE TO DASH!

DASH TO SURVIVE!

------------------------------------

FEATURES:

-GAMECENTER and Openfeint achievements and leaderboards
-8-bit inspired art
-Intuitive Touch controls
-Old School platforming action using swipes and taps - no clunky virtual d-pads.
-8-bit inspired soundtrack
-Unlock quirky characters
-Unlock new powerups

GET READY. SET. DASH!!!!

-----------------------

REVIEWS:

Gamezebo: 4.5* - With its mix of fantastic controls and almost endless appeal, this is one game you owe yourself to check out.

Williams Yee: 5* - Awesome retro game! - Super bit dash, it is like 8bit of jetpack joyride. :)

al909_ 5* - To good. Way to addictive.

goiMot's comments:

09-29-2011, 11:39 PM
Looks solid! Anyone want to TOFTT? I'm broke as of late.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero

09-29-2011, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlejumper View Post
Looks solid! Anyone want to TOFTT? I'm broke as of late.
I would. But I'm not sure yet...

List of Games I've Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @Jdragoon19
09-29-2011, 11:47 PM
Another one? Looks alright from the video if a little bland, and I'm actually intrigued by the ability to slow down, but...another one? Still, I have most of these other retro platformers/runners, what's one more? Will probably pick this up. Maybe.
09-30-2011, 01:12 AM
look RAD!!!!....

I am the Force
Playing: Neon Adventures, Real Racing 3, Super Crate Box, Stick Tennis, Huebrix
09-30-2011, 01:37 AM
Game Impressions

As mentioned, on the video above, this looked to me a bit like a "me too" sort of effort. I'm glad to report that impression was quite wrong. This is in fact, a very solid, polished, original runner/platformer with great controls that complement thoughtful and fresh game mechanics. Highly recommended.
09-30-2011, 02:01 AM
Well, it is official: my favourite (as in most bought AND played) type of game is platformers (with the variants thereof - I have bought countless tower defense ones too, but many of them I haven't played too much), and the second most is endless runners (of all shapes and sizes - as long as there is something to the game, such as unlockables, powerups, scenery changes, etc.). This looks a bit of both. Bought, and will try tonight. Man, I think this is the fourth one to come out in the last few days.

Gamecenter Id: Mr. Grizzly II
09-30-2011, 03:37 AM
Oops on the release date....

Miguel from Fakepup Games here,

Super Bit Dash wasn't supposed to be live until next week, when we have the proper trailer and website done. Oops for us.

It's no longer available, but it may go live soon since it's pointless to wait now. I'll just have to get home and prepare some unfinished stuff (appstore pics and openfeint icons)

We appreciate all you comments and will take them in consideration in future updates and games.

Sorry about this...
09-30-2011, 04:04 AM
Glad I got it already! Pretty fun so far.

Gamecenter Id: Mr. Grizzly II
09-30-2011, 04:29 AM
I'm glad you enjoy it Mr. Grizzly. A lot of updates are planed and already in the works. More rooms, more features, and at least a new game mode.

And if there's anything you rather see changed or any idea you might have for a future update fell free to post or send us (Fakepup Games) an email.

Hopefully with a new trailer and better pics on the Appstore players will find it more appealing. We are very happy with it and can't wait to compete with the best for the highscores

It's going back live soon. No point in delaying it till next week now... I guess this happens a lot to part time indies, it gets hard to manage everything.