★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Prevail by Johnny Two Shoes (Plunderland Devs)

09-30-2011, 12:46 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology [Original Poster]
Prevail by Johnny Two Shoes (Plunderland Devs)

From the Front Page:

Quote:
If you're not familiar with Johnny Two Shoes, you really should be. They're responsible for Plunderland [$2.99], which we thought was absolutely fantastic in our review. It's a super clever physics-based pirate game that, while being a little old by App Store standards, has aged wonderfully. It's even universal, which only serves to sweeten the deal further. Anyway, they revealed their next game earlier today. Take a look at the trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Details are vague at this point, but I've managed to juice some information out of the looser of the Johnny Two Shoes brothers. Prevail is a game about the small planet where your character lives. It's on this world where you've got a happy, beautiful, and technology-free existence. Well, some jerk aliens (I added the "jerk" part myself, they could be nice, who knows.) abduct you and you begin to slowly realize that there is so much more to the universe than your tiny existence of building and farming. It's at this point where the game shifts to a more exploration-centric experience where you're discovering new planets, species, and need to decide what to do with them.

All of these things and more will be revealed in future trailers, along with additional "secret" features of the game. I loved Plunderland, and according to Johnny Two Shoes, "We want to make Plunderland look like sh*t." If they manage to do that, we're going to have one hell of a game on our hands.
I don't know about you guys, but this is now my most anticipated upcoming game!
09-30-2011, 02:22 AM
Quote: "We want to make Plunderland look like sh*t."
If this is true then this game will be totally amazing as plunderland is a fantastic game. I can't wait.

09-30-2011, 03:52 AM
Thanks for putting the video up for us!

Nice to hear you guys like what youve seen so far, we will be revealing more over time as development gets closer to launch.
09-30-2011, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Quote: "We want to make Plunderland look like sh*t."
If this is true then this game will be totally amazing as plunderland is a fantastic game. I can't wait.
hah was just about to say that Plunderland is awesome, so this must be incredible to be better :P

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
09-30-2011, 06:49 AM
The one thing Plunderland, in all its brilliance, lacked for me, was a greater sense of continuity and persistence.

Prevail looks like it might bring just that.

Top five wishlist for you, Prevail game.

Vocalist of Earthbridge and Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
09-30-2011, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
The one thing Plunderland, in all its brilliance, lacked for me, was a greater sense of continuity and persistence.

Prevail looks like it might bring just that.

Top five wishlist for you, Prevail game.
You are right, we loved Plunderland but wanted to keep the values that made it great but create something with more scope and player choice.
09-30-2011, 09:42 AM
Plunderland is one of my top 10 games so this one has me real pumped.
09-30-2011, 10:44 AM
For some reason, this reminds me of Ngmoco's Godfinger.

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!
09-30-2011, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshsslade View Post
You are right, we loved Plunderland but wanted to keep the values that made it great but create something with more scope and player choice.
I think that might just be the perfect follow-up With you fellas frequently being cited as one of those devs who create games for the iOS paradigm, games that simply would not work on anything but a touch screen, expanding the scope of a game with already ideal controls and gameplay for iOS sounds like just the way to go.

Vocalist of Earthbridge and Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
10-01-2011, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruhi View Post
For some reason, this reminds me of Ngmoco's Godfinger.
Haha. Wow, it does!

Even though I didn't play Plunderland (Fail), I heard it was amazing and since this is supposed to be better than Plunderland, I'm sure this will be sensational.

List of Games I've Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @Jdragoon19