★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Anyone ever have a download vanish???

04-30-2009, 04:36 PM
Anyone ever have a download vanish???

I used a promo code given to me by a developer to download a game. I saw it on the downloads list, but now it's nowhere to be found. If I try to re-download it, it tries to charge me for it. I did a search on my HD and found a folder (Dark Raider.tmp) and it had a 44 mb file inside called download.app and a file called info.plist. I've reported the problem to Apple via my recent purchases\downloads list, so I'm now waiting on them. It's just a freaky thing!!! Has this ever happened to anyone here?

Keep your friends close. Keep your enemies in the closet.
04-30-2009, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoArcanus View Post

I used a promo code given to me by a developer to download a game. I saw it on the downloads list, but now it's nowhere to be found. If I try to re-download it, it tries to charge me for it. I did a search on my HD and found a folder (Dark Raider.tmp) and it had a 44 mb file inside called download.app and a file called info.plist. I've reported the problem to Apple via my recent purchases\downloads list, so I'm now waiting on them. It's just a freaky thing!!! Has this ever happened to anyone here?
purchase it again it will say that you have already bought it and if you want to redownload for free

Currently Playing: MiniGore, LUXOR, Baseball Sluggers, Zenonia, Spy Bot Chronicles,
openfeint ID: stykman Plus+ ID: Stykman
Twitter: Stykman1 follow me
Beta tested: 15 games
There should be a button below in the downloads page that says "1 Download Pending".

Have you tried going to the product page and clicking buy? If you entered it you should be able to download it for free.

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95
Quote:

It doesn't actually charge you even though it tells you it will, that's a message that pops up before your account is even checked. Re-download and you should be fine with the same balance you had b4

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago
Quote:

Did you try dragging it into you applications list in itunes? Tha's how you add files manually.
04-30-2009, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stykman View Post
purchase it again it will say that you have already bought it and if you want to redownload for free
It worked this time!!!
That's just weird...I tried it earlier and it acted VERY differently. This time when I clicked on the buy button, it immediately told me I had already purchased it and asked if I wanted to download again. Must be my PC..maybe.

Anyway, thanks to all of you for your quick responses and your help.

Keep your friends close. Keep your enemies in the closet.